X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

My Slime dried up.

Two of my cans of Slime were found congealed today. My prized can of vintage MOTU Horde Slime and even my Kenner Aliens Hive Ooze. I'm now down to my last two tubs of 2002 Slime Pit Slime. Mattel made the best Slime.

Now I sad.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

What a depressing sight. You just can't get choice Slime like that anymore.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
      • Jan 22, 2008

I just have Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Ooze. Still holding up pretty well, going on twenty years old. I'd love to have some 70's Slime with purple worms.

Comment

• RG
        Removed.
        • Oct 1, 2004

oh man I use to love that stuff ... found out the hard way mossman should never be slimed LOL

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 20, 2008

WHY doesn't Mattel re-release Slime in the original green garbage can, or slime with worms in the red can??? I'd buy it for certain.

Sean

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
            WHY doesn't Mattel re-release Slime in the original green garbage can, or slime with worms in the red can???
            They really should! Plus the Slime it's Alive with the eyeballs.

Slime it's Alive commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klHCEAQB0Wk

And the Slime Monster Game!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhEwH...eature=related
            Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 6, '10, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• mazinz
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 2, 2007

I recall many years ago when the channel USA had the cartoon express. At one point they had a kid host the show (voice only) but he gave you a recipe to make "martian muck" which was really slime. If I can find the recipe on one of my betamax tapes will share it with you guys--
              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

the motu slime was the best!! i use to love the smell....it turned hard sealed? or it was opened from before?
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by mazinz
                  At one point they had a kid host the show (voice only) but he gave you a recipe to make "martian muck" which was really slime.
                  Mattel Slime is mostly Guar Gum and their are several recipes for home made Slime online but it never turns out as well as the real thing.

http://www.chymist.com/guar%20gum%20slime.pdf
                  Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 6, '10, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
                    the motu slime was the best!! i use to love the smell....it turned hard sealed? or it was opened from before?
                    It was opened but I kept it clean and stored it in its little trash can. It lasted many, many years. I think the problem was the old plastic can didn't seal as well as it used to. I have had them turn hard factory sealed too.
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 6, '10, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Surfsup
                      Silver Chrome Dome
                      • Dec 2, 2005

I sold a can of original Mattel Slime recently, still sealed too. It's great to see them pop up from time to time. It would make sense for Mattel to re-release it, I reckon it would be a sell-out, there seems to be a lot support for it.

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

I had a slime pit that was the same way. Rock hard and still sealed.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• mazinz
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 2, 2007

I always wanted to know did the slime always kind of smell or was there an actual brand that was odor free?

PS: Werewolf- thanks for the pdf file!
                          Last edited by mazinz; Nov 6, '10, 9:46 PM.
                          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by mazinz
                            I always wanted to know did the slime always kind of smell or was there an actual brand that was odor free?
                            The ones I've had (Mattel Slime, Ghostbusters Ectoplasm and TMNT Ooze) all had a slight soapy smell.

Comment

• ben138
                              • Nov 16, 2010

even Skeltor looks depressed..

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍