Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70s blythe help wanted please !!! web page?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

70s blythe help wanted please !!! web page?

I found a Blythe web page that had information only on the 70s kenner dolls it was a kind of fan site that included the boxes the outfits and wigs everything to do with the Kenner Blythe it was only one page on the site with loads of pictures please link me to it :( be for I go nuts
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

I'm guessing that you're not talking about THIS IS BLYTHE - maybe it's Yatabazah loves Blythe: a small guide to all things Kenner as it has photos of the old box sets.
    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
      Banned
      • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by generic
      I'm guessing that you're not talking about THIS IS BLYTHE - maybe it's Yatabazah loves Blythe: a small guide to all things Kenner as it has photos of the old box sets.

OMG I LOVE YOU THANKS I FOUND THIS Yatabazah loves Blythe: a small guide to all things Kenner 4 WEEKS AGO!!!! FORGOT TO BOOK MARK IT AND COULD NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIND IT AGAIN A MEGA THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by generic
        Beat me to it.

Yes, those are great sites. The THIS IS BLYTHE site is great for info on all Blythe including mods. The forum has been helpful for me in obtaining information and also, like here, you have the purist and the those that embrace them all.

Have any luck in finding any originals?

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
          Banned
          • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by ealdrett
          Beat me to it.

Yes, those are great sites. The THIS IS BLYTHE site is great for info on all Blythe including mods. The forum has been helpful for me in obtaining information and also, like here, you have the purist and the those that embrace them all.

Have any luck in finding any originals?

Well yes I have seen some , but I would have to sell some of my toys to help fund it I would be after a very good boxed version

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Yup, these are very pricey and very collectible these days. I know there is a club here in Seattle for Blythe collectors which I've never attended and mostly they make clothes and accessories for the dolls. Pretty cool.

I'd recommend joining the Forum on THIS IS BLYTHE and maybe someone there might help you.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
              Banned
              • Feb 13, 2010

Yup, these are very pricey and very collectible these days. I know there is a club here in Seattle for Blythe collectors which I've never attended and mostly they make clothes and accessories for the dolls. Pretty cool.

I'd recommend joining the Forum on THIS IS BLYTHE and maybe someone there might help you.

Thats it iv made up my mind the dolls are selling for 1000 pounds it will take me two months to save that , but I WILL GET ONE cant wait watch this spot!!!!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

I still like my blonde repro from Ashton Drake. She looks just like my Blythe I got for Halloween when I was 6, except she has straighter hair. She only costs $75 (when I got her 5 years ago).
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

I agree. The ADG repros are great. I bought my daughter one and my ex-wife 4 of them when Ashton-Drake Galleries sold them. Never did like the looks of the Tomy versions. Much different than an ADG and the originals. The ADG versions are the closest you will get to the original. Even the crown molds and peg molds are very close to the originals. They've even replicated the original patterns on the dresses to match the original.
                  Seems like there are a total of 12 now OOP.
                  The Ashton-Drake Galleries Blythe

This is my favorite:

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

I'm thinking Hasbro has plans to bring these back somewhere down the line. That might be why they have those mini versions with the Littlest Pet Shop figures. They want to test the waters to see how they do.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                      Banned
                      • Feb 13, 2010

I agree. The ADG repros are great. I bought my daughter one and my ex-wife 4 of them when Ashton-Drake Galleries sold them. Never did like the looks of the Tomy versions. Much different than an ADG and the originals. The ADG versions are the closest you will get to the original. Even the crown molds and peg molds are very close to the originals. They've even replicated the original patterns on the dresses to match the original.
                      Seems like there are a total of 12 now OOP.
                      The Ashton-Drake Galleries Blythe

This is my favorite:
                      http://www.blytheworld.com/images/ab...forepurple.jpg

Personally I love the Ashton-Drake repros I find them amazing Iv looked at all the new blythe dolls in modern clothes and I hate them lost there charm bringing them up to date I love vintage over any the new ones thanks for the information

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎