Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, they are slow until they all start moving for food....they moved pretty quick in the pilot when Rick rides into Atlanta....
    even with the timeline discrepancies, I really like this show

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Don't get me wrong, I love the series too...but you know me...I was influenced by Mikey...what can I say...

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I just knew that Mikey was a bad influence...

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>a well trained person can take out a dozen zombies easy with a simple pick axe

Bad choice: it'd get stuck. Plus, most folks aren't well trained.... or useful in a fight at all, except as a distraction. (So you don't have to outrun the zombies; just your friends.)

Don C.

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
              Even when bit...you don't become a zombie instantly...it takes time...that's when you take them out...lord of the flies style...

I re-watched the last episode online. The CDC guy said 194 days since Wildfire was declared but 60 something days since it went global. So It was building up for 134 days and 3 months or so ago it had travelled the whole world to where it started to affect everyone. It still doesn't nail down Ricks time in the hospital but...

I think the thing that gives the zombies an advantage is people would not want to kill them after they came back, at first, because people would likely believe if they came back-they could be cured. Due to religious beliefs and just the idea that you might be killing a loved one I think a lot of people would hide a risen corpse and the number of walking dead would be underestimated until they eventually broke free. Just like the guy could not kill his own wife in Episode 1 - Days Gone By and as portrayed in Dawn of the Dead. Also they didn't know at first a bite or a scratch spreads the disease. Injured would be mixed with healthy and forget-it! Then sheer numbers would come into play.
              Last edited by johnmiic; Dec 3, '10, 1:44 AM.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
                Any guy who's done anything remotely dangerous and more importantly unnecessarily *stupid* knows what I'm talking about. The realization that your life no longer belongs to you to throw away as you please, because it belongs to your wife and kids as well.
                Beautifully put.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Now...this is going to shake the very foundation of everything zombie...and don't get me wrong...I love zombies...lol.

But, if this disease was actually real...and humans would get infected...

...I just can't picture armed forces succumbing to these slow and dumb creatures...it would be target practice galore for the soldiers...the zombies would all be exterminated in no time.

Not only from guns, but flame throwers, carpet bombings...and of course...nukes...

Actually, science says we are screwed: Science ponders 'zombie attack'

Comment

• actionplus
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 15, 2005

Yeah, it was a bit off but I suppose it had to be. In reality, he likely would have been dead without fluids for as long as it would have been.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                      Actually, science says we are screwed: Science ponders 'zombie attack'
                      Nope...that's not how I read it...

If zombies actually existed, an attack by them would lead to the collapse of civilization unless dealt with quickly and aggressively.

That is the conclusion of a mathematical exercise carried out by researchers in Canada.

They say only frequent counter-attacks with increasing force would eradicate the fictional creatures.

"My understanding of zombie biology is that if you manage to decapitate a zombie then it's dead forever. So perhaps they are being a little over-pessimistic when they conclude that zombies might take over a city in three or four days."

Sounds like we could beat the zombie menace...

sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

So what did Dr. Jenner whisper in Rick's ear in the finale? Hmmmmmmmmm.........
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                          So what did Dr. Jenner whisper in Rick's ear in the finale? Hmmmmmmmmm.........
                          "If you get out of here now, they may renew the show."

Comment

• actionplus
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 15, 2005

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                            "If you get out of here now, they may renew the show."

Comment

• Doc
                              Banned
                              • May 9, 2010

Nope...that's not how I read it...

If zombies actually existed, an attack by them would lead to the collapse of civilization unless dealt with quickly and aggressively.

That is the conclusion of a mathematical exercise carried out by researchers in Canada.

They say only frequent counter-attacks with increasing force would eradicate the fictional creatures.

"My understanding of zombie biology is that if you manage to decapitate a zombie then it's dead forever. So perhaps they are being a little over-pessimistic when they conclude that zombies might take over a city in three or four days."

Sounds like we could beat the zombie menace...

Thing not calculated is the human factor. People would always hesitate to put down loved ones, friends. Also People would hesitate to do themselves if bite or scratched. Thus becoming a risk and increasing the spread factor.

Comment

• ctc
                                Fear the monkeybat!
                                • Aug 16, 2001

>Sounds like we could beat the zombie menace

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly) | Cracked.com

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎