• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by fallensaviour
    Sure it did

Deep down I think you had already made your mind up not to watch it...
    If Mikey eventually saw the new Trek flick...he will watch Walking Dead sooner or later...trust me on this one...

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I have a question on this, last nights episode the guy in the CDC mentioned it had been 190 some odd days since the disease broke out...that's 6 and a half months....how long was Rick actually in a coma? seems to me could not have been that long as his wound was still not healed when he woke up....the hospital could not have been overrun too long before he woke up either or he would have died for lack of water. anyone who reads the comic, was this ever explained?

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

I like the show, but there really isn't a single cast member that I've warmed to yet. Rick comes off to me like many brits playing americans do: stiff. I guess my favorite character so far would be the crossbow-toting redneck. My least would be Crazy Ears AKA Rick's "friend", Shane.
        Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Nov 29, '10, 7:54 PM.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          I have a question on this, last nights episode the guy in the CDC mentioned it had been 190 some odd days since the disease broke out...that's 6 and a half months....how long was Rick actually in a coma? seems to me could not have been that long as his wound was still not healed when he woke up....the hospital could not have been overrun too long before he woke up either or he would have died for lack of water. anyone who reads the comic, was this ever explained?
          I wondered the same thing about the coma timeline when he didn't appear to have too much beard stubble when he woke...or atrophy in his legs from being bed-ridden for months....
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            Yes...that has been my biggest problem so far with the series.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Toyroom
              I wondered the same thing about the coma timeline when he didn't appear to have too much beard stubble when he woke...or atrophy in his legs from being bed-ridden for months....
              You are so right on the muscle atrophy...

But you don't need months to develop massive muscle atrophy...a mere six weeks will do, lol.

I was in a self-induced sedation for 6 weeks...when I finally woke up...all my muscles were gone...I couldn't even move my fingers, let alone lift up my arms...took me an entire year to be able to walk again.

...and like Nostalgiabuff said...how about dehydration?

I don't think the dude even had an IV on him...humans can last only seven days tops without fluids.

...and yes...the beard...where was the beard???

They have to explain all this...if they don't...that's just lazy writing, lol.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

...and don't get me started on the bed sores...

sigpic

Comment

• Doc
                  Banned
                  • May 9, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
                  You are so right on the muscle atrophy...

But you don't need months to develop massive muscle atrophy...a mere six weeks will do, lol.

I was in a self-induced sedation for 6 weeks...when I finally woke up...all my muscles were gone...I couldn't even move my fingers, let alone lift up my arms...took me an entire year to be able to walk again.

...and like Nostalgiabuff said...how about dehydration?

I don't think the dude even had an IV on him...humans can last only seven days tops without fluids.

...and yes...the beard...where was the beard???

They have to explain all this...if they don't...that's just lazy writing, lol.
                  He had an IV in him. Coarse it ran dry. Thats why the first thing he did was stagger to the sink to drink. Sure the out break started 190 days but some of that could be explained by the government military tried to keep it under wraps while they tried to contain it. It may have been under way already when the event of the pilot happened. Sure this doesnt answer everything but hey its just a story...

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                    Formerly known as Del
                    • Dec 12, 2004

The comics didn't have all those scenes with the CDC guy alone in the headquarters. I'll have to check the comics if they really gave that specific a timeline. I was never under the impression that it took that long for everything to go to hell.
                    Since the show also confirmed that the outbreak has happened all over the world, I thought maybe it was 190 days since it first showed up anywhere. I don't recall them stating where it started, only that France was the last to fall. It could have started in another country, or worked its way toward Georgia from the Northern or Western states.
                    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Steeler80
                      Mayor of Strunk
                      • Jun 29, 2001

Great show so far. The detours from the comic have worked and not detracted from the overall storyline or my enjoyment.

As far as Rick in a coma, I don't remember the comic ever really delving into the timeline of the disease that much (or at least until around issue 50 where I dropped away from it). Also, if I remember correctly, I think the first issue of WD came out a little while before 28 Days later so I think it was the same idea being produced independently.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Now...this is going to shake the very foundation of everything zombie...and don't get me wrong...I love zombies...lol.

But, if this disease was actually real...and humans would get infected...

...I just can't picture armed forces succumbing to these slow and dumb creatures...it would be target practice galore for the soldiers...the zombies would all be exterminated in no time.

Not only from guns, but flame throwers, carpet bombings...and of course...nukes...

sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

>I just can't picture armed forces succumbing to these slow and dumb creatures

I think you have to give any zombie story the idea that the zombies eventually win by numbers. No matter how well armed you are, you eventually run out of bullets and get overwhelmed; especially if the disease is REALLY virulent. Once it gets into your camp, you get overrun in a hurry. Adding to this is the idea that zombies don't have a lot of vital spots. You'd burn off a lot of ammo before figuring that out, and even after; since head shots are tough.

The only time I've seen your point addressed is the Highschool of the Dead comic; where the zombies aren't much of a threat.... unless you lose your nerve or do something stupid. (And in one chapter they actually use a nuke.)

Don C.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

There's six billion human beings on Earth (more or less).

There's definitely more than six billion bullets on Earth as well...

Besides...a well trained person can take out a dozen zombies easy with a simple pick axe...or even a baseball bat...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by ctc
                              especially if the disease is REALLY virulent.
                              Even when bit...you don't become a zombie instantly...it takes time...that's when you take them out...lord of the flies style...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Now if they run...like in 28 Days Later...then you might have a point...but the zombies from Walking Dead are...

s l o w...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎