X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
    I think Neegan will be the central crux of Season 6 and that the show will likely only last one more season past that to kind of attempt to wrap things up for this group. That way, AMC can say the show went out while it's ratings were high
    I think that's possible because after Neegan, the storyline jumps two years ahead into the current arc, and while it has some interesting moments, it feels really anti-climatic. If they left on a Road Warrior/medieval vibe, where they were rebuilding fifedoms that provided trade to each other for services, that would be pretty wild.

I think the major audience wants three answers; how/why it started and what's the resolution. I don't know if Romero nihilism will cut it if they want to continue with a second property.

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

It's buried under a big "W"!

Comment

• great_chandel
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2, 2015

Robert Kirkman has gone on record many times saying he wants "The Walking Dead" to go for 20 years -- yes, 20 years! While that may be hyperbole, there is no doubt it has several years to go.
        AMC is not letting this cash-cow go anywhere. With the ratings through the roof, and AMC getting more than $1,000,000 per commercial, this show is simply not going to end for a long time. I am all
        for it! I love the show! The writing, directing -- all of it, is simply top-notch. Now whether or not the spin-off goes anywhere, that is anyone's guess!??! Yet, this show is just now hitting its prime -- it
        is still fantastic!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Season finale tonight; what did y'all think? I love Morgan and hope that he's around a bit more in Season Six. Loved Scarol intimidating the porch dick. Loved Rick and Co. basically plotting a coup de tat. And at least we now know where Season Six will be headed...
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

Great way to end the season, just like it started with a huge bang! lots of misdirection in this one and it could not have ended better. Good thing is we don't have to wait until October as the spin-off begins this summer.
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

I thought it was a satisfying end, things to build on but nothing hanging over... Nice to see Morgan finally show up- will he and Michonne form a Ninja team?
              Good ol' Rick, nothing impresses your new girlfriend like executing her husband in front of the crowd, even if you do have permission!
              Best thing about this show right now? CAROL. Who would have thought it in Season One? I thought she'd have bought it after Sophia died, but Melissa McBride is taking this character to a new level! I hope she gets some Emmy love this year!

These wolves are seriously nasty folk! Apocalypse tip #7: zombies love a good nightclub beat! Party on dead Wayne! Party on dead Garth!

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

I think there's going to be a pretty major issue between Rick and Morgan. Morgan's, "All life is precious," versus Rick's, "Kill anyone in your way," philosophies aren't going to gel together too easily.

So, the Wolves are just those two dudes? And what was up with no bullets in the gun? I haven't read the comics so I don't know their story, but other than turning people into zombies, what is their deal?
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 3, 2010

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                  I thought it was a satisfying end, things to build on but nothing hanging over... Nice to see Morgan finally show up- will he and Michonne form a Ninja team?
                  Good ol' Rick, nothing impresses your new girlfriend like executing her husband in front of the crowd, even if you do have permission!
                  Best thing about this show right now? CAROL. Who would have thought it in Season One? I thought she'd have bought it after Sophia died, but Melissa McBride is taking this character to a new level! I hope she gets some Emmy love this year!

These wolves are seriously nasty folk! Apocalypse tip #7: zombies love a good nightclub beat! Party on dead Wayne! Party on dead Garth!
                  I was just thinking while viewing how much I love carol now. Loved the way she stood up to the abuser there, goati g him to make a move.
                  Who would have thunk disco will be a possible secret weapon against zombies in the apocalypse?
                  mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Carol > Darryl

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by mego maniac mark
                      Who would have thunk disco will be a possible secret weapon against zombies in the apocalypse?
                      Actually, I think it was John Zacherle who predicted it with his song "Eternal Polyester"

Here's a crappy "video" but the lyrics are about disco being the soundtrack of the apocalypse.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Did anyone catch the machete in the head Dawn of the Dead reference?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Not a bad ending (for now), but I think they could have made it a kick *** cliffhanger.
                          With the same kind of story elements, I would have ended with:
                          Daryl and the other guy trapped in the car, totally surrounded.
                          Glenn,shot and covered in walkers.
                          Rick, fighting that pretty persistent walker inside the grounds.
                          Sasha vs the priest.

To end it there, would have had people on their seats until October.

So far, it's been a good season, but I'm so tired of the "people vs people" conflict.
                          It's always the same. They meet a new group, and it doesn't work out/they fight/new people are sociopaths/... (take your pick)

Why do all other people out there have to be like that? It's getting boring, especially with these Wolves on the horizon.
                          I want to see walkers return as the main threat. There were some really cool walker moments this season (in the revolving door, Daryl in the car), but I felt they resolved those too quickly. It could have given us more exciting walker action.
                          Honestly, the Wolves storylines doesn't appeal to me one bit.
                          Disco Fever walkers, on the other hand....
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Did you see this little April Fools Day bit they ran on the Skybound comics website?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎