X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpramuk
    Museum Patron
    • Nov 24, 2007

Originally posted by hedrap
    I was wondering last season, when a lot of the Terminus society themes were covered by Woodbury, what would be left. Last night felt more like they wrapped the Terminus locale around the characters from the Hunters. I guess that's the benefit for Kirkman; he can re-edit his material and eliminate what would come across as redundant in a live-action story. The nuances between the Hunters and Terminus would be totally lost on television.
    I agree. It appears that the Hunters are the ones in the "Then" scenes who took over the original Terminus and their violence is what led the survivors to become the cannibals at the "Now" Terminus. That gave more back story as well as a (twisted) explanation for the cannibalism of the Termites, allowing the comic to be touched on while also allowing the story to be resolved quickly to move to the next arc for this season.

I like how the TV series stands on its own while at the same time caters to fans of the comic. For example, the baseball bat several times was about to take out Glen and had everyone freaking it was the Negan scene from the comic where Glen is killed. They teased it several times then went a completely different way with it. You are right, Kirkman can use or revise material from the comic to adapt it to the live action medium to either improve it and/or keep it fresh for fans. This looks to be an amazing season with the material he has to work with!
    Looking for redhead AJ heads (or figures) - both bearded & clean shaven (I'm trying to complete all the variations).
    Also seeking: 1 blue Soldier Ape glove, 1 General Ape boot, sun reflector from PotA Fortress playset.

Comment

• SentientApe
      Career Member
      • May 1, 2014

Originally posted by johnnystorm
      I seriously hope Beth comes out all right and they find her.
      They'll find her, but being "all right" May not be an option, according to what was revealed Sunday night.

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

I thought the dude who had the Terminus peeps in the train car looked A LOT like Neegan. He had the build, hair and clothing. I don't know if that was accidental or foreshadowing but replay it and see if I'm right. I already deleted it from my DVR so I can't check.

They redeemed themselves with this spisode in my eyes. I was totally disappointed with the finale last season, I mean crushed in it's ineptitude. Now they've kind of explained stuff better and fleshed out a few items and were able to bring back the group in a kind of plausible way. I noticed when theey escaped Michonne doesn't have her sword. I figure they'll meet the Terminites down the road, the leader will have her sword and Rick kills him with the red-handled machete he predicted. I'm thinking mid-season finale for that one.

Overall a strong episode that has got my interest once again. It was cool to see Carol battle Tasha Yar at the end.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Tasha Yar LOL. I call her the same thing.

Comment

• Drzsmith
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 9, 2011

That wasnt Neegan,it was the guy with the wild hair,beard and forehead tatoo that got bit.I felt that the most emotional thing was when Sam(the first guy who died in the trough) looked down and caught Ricks eyes right before he died.To me that was really sad.

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

My DVR stopped recording the second that masked guy turned around on the tracks. Did they reveal him to be Morgan or is that speculation?
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

They showed him. It's Morgan.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• scifiguy94
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 18, 2009

Originally posted by Drzsmith
                  That wasnt Neegan,it was the guy with the wild hair,beard and forehead tatoo that got bit.I felt that the most emotional thing was when Sam(the first guy who died in the trough) looked down and caught Ricks eyes right before he died.To me that was really sad.
                  The guy that played Sam is the same actor that plays the Penguin on Gotham. Hadn't realized that until they mentioned it on Talking Dead.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

I find it odd that Maggie has yet to ask about her sister Beth.
                    And jumping in a pool full of slime, walkers, and who knows what else was the best plan they could come up with? You couldn't find a long pointy stick and jab zombies from above? There goes ol' Rick, covered in open scratches and cuts head first into the water... I guess no one dies of infection? I mean, it's not like they got out and showered off, changed clothes, and cleaned up...they basically trudged off as is to the church and started eating all the food they got. And then Father of the Year Rick cuddles the baby and let's her eat off his filthy shirt!
                    For crying out loud, you were in a donation center... There were literally racks of clean clothes right there!
                    I hope Gareth gets to meet the red handled machete next week... But until then, there's just two words for him...tainted meat!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

One of the guests on Talking Dead mocked how they jumped into that cesspool.. hellllo, staph infection?

I know the end with Bob was supposed to be shocking and ghoulish, but for me it was more laughable and ridiculous..

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

That was a neat inversion of the Hunters storyline. Bob is going to be a stump next week to bait the rest out.

Only problem I have are the Hunters in the comic had spent many, many outings working their trade which is why they were able to trap people from Rick's camp. I don't see how the Termites, who are really lazy compared to the Hunters, can make it to mid-season when the future storylines deal with rival camps in a very Mad Max way...unless the Termites force Rick's camp into Neegan and then draw Neegan out when the Termites kill one of his. That would pare down some of the comics and keep upping the ante on how bad people can become.

That's seems to be the underlying theme to connect everything from Shane to Governor and now to Gareth and eventually Neegan. Once Rick's camp, which we're apart of, thinks we've seen someone do something unforgivable, we're shown "No. These guys are unforgiveable".

And you can see how Neegan is going to build off of Gareth's warped survival code, except a lot of what Neegan does has been covered by The Governor since Kirkman was writing those episodes and that comic storyline at the same time.

Comment

• mpramuk
                          Museum Patron
                          • Nov 24, 2007

Originally posted by hedrap
                          I don't see how the Termites, who are really lazy compared to the Hunters, can make it to mid-season when the future storylines deal with rival camps in a very Mad Max way...unless the Termites force Rick's camp into Neegan and then draw Neegan out when the Termites kill one of his. That would pare down some of the comics and keep upping the ante on how bad people can become.
                          I don't think the Termites necessarily will be drawn out until the mid-season finale. That plot, using the comic as a guide, could be wrapped in the next episode. If it is more drawn out it would be due to the time needed to resolve the plots involving Rev Gabriel, involving Morgan's return, involving Beth's predicament, etc.

My guess is that Bob/Termites is wrapped next episode with the arrival of Morgan at the end of the episode, Gabriel's past and the mystery of Beth plays out the next 3-4 episodes, and the mid-season finale has them arriving at the Alexandria Safe Zone. The 2nd half of the season would be set there and deal with Eugene, Abraham, etc. My bet is that Negan appears at the end of season finale to set up the cliffhanger for season 6.

In any case, I agree with you that it was a nice use of Bob in the Hunters storyline. Tainted meat, tainted meat...
                          Looking for redhead AJ heads (or figures) - both bearded & clean shaven (I'm trying to complete all the variations).
                          Also seeking: 1 blue Soldier Ape glove, 1 General Ape boot, sun reflector from PotA Fortress playset.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

You know it's weird, but I felt bad for Bob. When he showed up, I was sure he was a plant from the Governor. We all thought he was the one feeding rats to the fence walkers. Then he was boozing & messing up.
                            Then when they were on the road he became all smiley in love.

Now he's toast...well, not toast, more like roast.
                            Still, I feel bad for him. Things were just looking up, and now he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

I knew Bob was in for an unhappy episode from the start.....
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

When I seen them eating the leg at the end I couldn't help but think of Monty Python's Black Knight

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎