Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I didnt mind last night' show. The zombie fire station attack didn't seem creepy enough for me. I'll say this SPOILERS...........I dont read the comics so I avoid most discussion about walking dead but I initially figured Eugene was full of crap, but they suckered me in to thinking he knew what needed to be done.
    Are there only 3 episodes left to go?

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

I haven't read the books either, but knew it was b.s. the minute Eugene said he had a cure. The suspense became when they'd let the other characters figure it out.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I don't read the comics so everything that happen on TV is new to me.

That said, I never believed there was a "cure" because how can you cure Romero based zombies ?

If they were Zombieland style zombies I'd believe it more.

Also, I never knew the Ron Perlman looking guy and the young army girl had a thing going --- She seems a little young for him

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
          I didnt mind last night' show. The zombie fire station attack didn't seem creepy enough for me.
          Creepy, no. Funny, yes! Zombie jello, just add water..

Eugene supposedly had a "cure"? I thought what he talked about was going to DC and accessing a specialized weapons system that would allow them to kill walkers on a global scale. Maybe I misunderstood. But that wouldn't cure anything, people that died would still turn.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
            Creepy, no. Funny, yes! Zombie jello, just add water..

Eugene supposedly had a "cure"? I thought what he talked about was going to DC and accessing a specialized weapons system that would allow them to kill walkers on a global scale. Maybe I misunderstood. But that wouldn't cure anything, people that died would still turn.
            Yeah, I should have said "plan." I knew it wasn't a cure, but couldn't make my brain say the right thing. Solution may even be a better term. Anyway, I knew it was b.s. the whole time.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 28, 2013

He gives a synopsis of the plan in one of the episodes, and it sounded plausible. I tried to find it online but I'm missing it. Might have been when they were trapped in the rail car, but I thought it might be somewhere else. That was when he suckered me in.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                He gives a synopsis of the plan in one of the episodes, and it sounded plausible. I tried to find it online but I'm missing it. Might have been when they were trapped in the rail car, but I thought it might be somewhere else. That was when he suckered me in.
                Yep, it was at Terminus:

Originally posted by Eugene
                I was part of a 10 person team at the Human Genome Project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases, pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made, information shared. I'm keenly aware of all the details behind fail-safe deliver systems to kill every living person on this planet. I believe with a little tweaking on the terminals in DC we can flip the script. Take out every last dead one of them. Fire with fire.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

That was it, thanks sprytel! I thought he mentioned something to Glenn when they were looking for Maggie, too, but that bit drove it home for me. Pretty good lie, Eugene

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Question ... will they EVER get out of Georgia ?

The show acts like Georgia is as big as Australia

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

I'm not even sure they've even left the county yet!
                      After all that walking around, it seems they're still within a reasonably short driving distance to the city of Atlanta.

Comment

• johnmiic
                        Adrift
                        • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Also, I never knew the Ron Perlman looking guy and the young army girl had a thing going --- She seems a little young for him
                        The "Ron Perlman looking guy" is, I think, Michael Cudlitz and played Bull in Band of Brothers. That sex scene is nearly exact to how it was depicted in the comic book. Also with Eugene watching.

Just a slight difference to what was in the comic book. Eugene had a military walkie-talkie and claimed to have been in contact w/Washington D.C. periodically. In the TV series Abraham says "they" have been in contact w/D.C. So if that's the case how did Eugene fool him if they had heard from people in D.C.?

Comment

• megojim
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 13, 2001

I don't remember him saying that but even still he implied it at every opportunity. After what happened to his family, he's just a tough guy looking for some hope and in Eugene he found that hope and bought in to it.
                          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Off current topic for a sec .....

In reality should they have got out of Georgia already ?

Sometimes I think they're going in circles

I know the real reason is they can't leave Georgia because that's where it's filmed

But, Canada does a decent job of fooling people into thinking their shows and movies are filmed somewhere else.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, you would think they would go someplace cold because the zombies would all freeze solid

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                                yeah, you would think they would go someplace cold because the zombies would all freeze solid
                                The flip side of that logic, in the "real" world, logic dictates that the zombies in southern climes would actually decompose faster due to all of the heat, humidity, insect and scavenger animal activity...
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎