Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Yea, it was no secret them guys were going to rape and murder both the girl and the kid.

I loved Rick's bite --- It actually showed something for real if you were in trouble -- people would not fight like a gentleman

Comment

• m0redaniel
      Goblin enthusiast
      • Jan 14, 2014

He played the role of a fat rapist creep a little too well...
      Known to occasionally brush shoulders with 8 inch goblins

Comment

• Megotu
        jerk
        • Dec 16, 2001

Let's be fair here, fat CHILD rapist creep. I mean it's a special kind of role he was born to play.
        sigpic

Comment

• Megotu
          jerk
          • Dec 16, 2001

Rick and Mcgruff :takin a bite outta crime.
          sigpic

Comment

• m0redaniel
            Goblin enthusiast
            • Jan 14, 2014

Don't forget ol'guvnor taking a bite out of Merle's one good hand. He and Rick must like the taste of dirty post apocalyptic white trash skin.
            Known to occasionally brush shoulders with 8 inch goblins

Comment

• RobTMego
              Career Member
              • Mar 15, 2013

Two things I thought kind of cool, this show is film here in Atlanta,
              1.The history of Atlanta" dates back to 1836, when Georgia decided to build a railroad to the U.S. Midwest and a location was chosen to be the line's terminus. The stake marking the founding of "Terminus" was driven into the ground in 1837 (called the Zero Mile Post).
              2. I can not remember and tryed to look it up on web, but It was either Animal Farm, secrets of Nim or Watership down that used the term "terminus" as the butcher shop that kill animal minor charactors.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Fleshbox
                Two things I thought kind of cool, this show is film here in Atlanta,
                1.The history of Atlanta" dates back to 1836, when Georgia decided to build a railroad to the U.S. Midwest and a location was chosen to be the line's terminus. The stake marking the founding of "Terminus" was driven into the ground in 1837 (called the Zero Mile Post).
                2. I can not remember and tryed to look it up on web, but It was either Animal Farm, secrets of Nim or Watership down that used the term "terminus" as the butcher shop that kill animal minor charactors.
                Interesting you brought this up. I found this post on a WD forum by someone named DanPo:

walking dead = watership down
                if you want to know what happens in the finale....read watership down. walking dead has many parralels (even the main villain is a one-eyed rabbit called 'the general'...similar to the one-eyed 'governor' in WD)
                the constant references to rabbits are a big clue.
                in the book, a group of rabbits leave their warren to find a new home...meeting many 'baddies' (predators and other rabbits) on the way. one rabbit group they meet, live in a large 'safe' warren and invite the hero rabbits to 'take sanctury' there. but it turns out they are tricking our heroes and, in fact, the warren is fed and looked after by a human who snares rabbits from the warren for their meat. the snare scene we see in the preview for the finale and the painting michone/carl found with the 2 rabbits sharing a carrot are direct references to this false sanctuary in watership down (the painting is actually of a scene from this section of the book/film).
                the well kept, dust-free houses around terminus are looked after by the hunters from terminus (just like the clean, empty burrows in this section of watership down). when beth was captured, the scenario was a typical rabbit hunting technique used in rural areas. the house was boarded up except for a window and a coupla doors. one door had a bunch of zombies put in, causing beth to flee out of the only escape routes (where she was kidnapped as she exited). in rabbiting, a warren has several entrances/exits...all are blocked by a hunter except 2...then a ferret is sent down. the open exits are stood over by either a hunter with a gun or a net is placed over the exits. the rabbits are then flushed out and caught/killed.
                There are literally dozens or parralels between the two. if you get the chance, read Watership down or watch the movie...it's even more awesome than walking dead.

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                  Interesting you brought this up. I found this post on a WD forum by someone named DanPo:

walking dead = watership down
                  if you want to know what happens in the finale....read watership down. walking dead has many parralels (even the main villain is a one-eyed rabbit called 'the general'...similar to the one-eyed 'governor' in WD)
                  the constant references to rabbits are a big clue.
                  in the book, a group of rabbits leave their warren to find a new home...meeting many 'baddies' (predators and other rabbits) on the way. one rabbit group they meet, live in a large 'safe' warren and invite the hero rabbits to 'take sanctury' there. but it turns out they are tricking our heroes and, in fact, the warren is fed and looked after by a human who snares rabbits from the warren for their meat. the snare scene we see in the preview for the finale and the painting michone/carl found with the 2 rabbits sharing a carrot are direct references to this false sanctuary in watership down (the painting is actually of a scene from this section of the book/film).
                  the well kept, dust-free houses around terminus are looked after by the hunters from terminus (just like the clean, empty burrows in this section of watership down). when beth was captured, the scenario was a typical rabbit hunting technique used in rural areas. the house was boarded up except for a window and a coupla doors. one door had a bunch of zombies put in, causing beth to flee out of the only escape routes (where she was kidnapped as she exited). in rabbiting, a warren has several entrances/exits...all are blocked by a hunter except 2...then a ferret is sent down. the open exits are stood over by either a hunter with a gun or a net is placed over the exits. the rabbits are then flushed out and caught/killed.
                  There are literally dozens or parralels between the two. if you get the chance, read Watership down or watch the movie...it's even more awesome than walking dead.
                  I haven't heard that parallel before, but wow that is interesting. I always liked Watership Down, even though, at least around here when I was young it tended to get shown on Easter( I guess because of the rabbits) but of course is a pretty violent cartoon.
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• RobTMego
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 15, 2013

Oh good, glad someone else figured out it was Watership downs, It was making me crazy trying to figure out which book or movie had Terminus in it. I knew one of them did and the web was no help!!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2013

Did anyone see baby formula inside the train car? A friend of mine started watching the episodes twice looking for different things (I usually watch them twice cause I love the show but I don't look for anything in particular), and she said that Rick looks down when he gets in the rail-car and there is baby formula there(?). Did anyone else see that?
                      That car that Rick, Michone, Darryl showed up in during the flashback looked a lot like the car (you know how the director sometimes focuses on things a little longer indicating you should know something about this, like the Irish girl zombie at the end of the prison war or Bubba in the tunnel? I thought they did that with the car) with the cross on the back window that took Beth.
                      Oh, I think that the food they serve them when they enter Terminus is probably drugged. That way they wouldn't have to exert any extra energy or chance anyone getting hurt while transporting them to the rail-cars, and they could take all their equipment without them resisting. Just my thoughts on that.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

maybe they feed the captives the baby formula and keep them from moving so they will be tender like veal.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          maybe they feed the captives the baby formula and keep them from moving so they will be tender like veal.
                          I think everyone in that car save Carl would need some serious tenderizing.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

The baby formula is to fatten them up, lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

To me, it was a season of highs and lows.
                              I loved the time they took for characterisation, letting them talk about their demons. It doesn't always have to be fighting and shouting.
                              We had some really shocking scenes (the death of the girls, and the fight with the Claimers). No punches pulled, and it worked.

Oddly enough, I have no idea why they rushed Terminus so much. The whole mystery was presented, rushed along and solved in one episode. They neglected so much interesting stuff that could have been developed. Really horrifying stuff.
                              Where is the slow reveal? The suspense?
                              I would have let them stay at Terminus, and pick up clues one by one.
                              Then, the big reveal "Hey, Rick, Glad you enjoyed that sausage. Now let me tell you the secret ingredient!" (waving baby bottle in the air).

So many holes in this episode.
                              They walk into the grounds of Terminus, through some gates, but oddly enough there isn't a walker in sight. You'd think with the weenie roast going on in the courtyard, there would be a line of walkers around the block. Yet our group can walk around, it's perfect bliss.
                              Why didn't they scout the place properly?
                              Why did they get their weapons back?
                              Would the cannibals openly show trophies they took from victims, knowing that their friends would recognize them instantly?
                              Yes, just how many sausages does that woman cook on the barbeque? Where would they get all the meat?

Very sloppy writing indeed. I have a feeling they wasted a lot of ammo with the finale. And these constant interruptions (see you in six months!) are driving me up the wall.
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 28, 2013

I find it worrisome that after every premier episode they indicate it has been renewed for another season. How high do the rating have to be to commit to multiple seasons? What happens if they don't renew? Okay guys, wrap it up in a season. I read a rumor that there is a spin-off in the works, so that would be nice if it filled in the months that Walking Dead isn't on. I think most of the questions you have above can be answered and probably will be in next season. I am guessing they have a good surveillance system and can see when people are coming and make the necessary adjustments (hopefully they didn't see Rick bury the weapons). Our group was split apart by a war which I doubt happens very often in the zombie apocalypse and definitely not so close to the vicinity of Terminus, so they probably don't get members of the same group straggling in. Also, I doubt anyone else would have picked up on the items like Rick would. He was in Law Enforcement and would be trained to spot specific articles of clothing. I'm just guessing but Walking Dead has been pretty good at filling in the story as it goes along. I even think that Talking Dead' topic material is screened because during the first Talking Dead episodes they were all over the place and making assumptions and throwing all kinds of theories at the wall, which seemed to cause a lot of confusion for people I know that watched both shows. It got a lot better very quickly, and I can only think that is from the Walking Dead reigning in the Talking Dead.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎