Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

So far I've picked up a pristine Superman and Clark Kent, I've had a Green Arrow for quite some time and a crappy Green Lantern. Plus carded Toy Biz movie Batman and a Toy Biz Robin. I too love this line. It really filled a void for my play time after Mego disappeared. What's really cool to me now is how sweet it is to line up a Mego- Super Power and then a Retro Action for a photo (yes I know worthless comment without pics, but I'll get one up soon).

These really were genuinely fun toys. Now that this thread has re-sparked the love I guess I'll start trolling ebay again.Thanks a lot... my wife is gonna LOVE it!

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

I vividly remember seeing the ad on the back of a comic book for the first time. I could not believe someone was making a Flash, Green Lantern & Joker figures. Hawkman - are you kidding me? I think I stopped dead in my tracks when they finally showed up in stores.

I have Cyborg and Mantis MOC. I've debated on weather the start collecting a carded set or not.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Super Powers were my Megos...., as far as I played with these more than any other toy line, and I think I also got them at a time I really respected my Toys.

When I was a Kid ..., I never found a single Wave 3 figure. Only to see them yrs later all over the Interent. I was a Military Brat, and we moved around so very much at the time, And I think That was also part of the problem locating them.

Batman and Robin are my All time Fav.
        Joker was just Awesome.
        The Super Powers Batmoblie is the Greatest Batmobile ever made to house figures.
        The Comics were Fantastic as well.
        Not only could you buy a Great figure, which was the Best Super Hero figure line at the time, You could also read about them. I was disapointed to learn that the comicbook stopped.

The Card Art used to promote these figures on each packaging, rivals anything that has come since, and in so many ways destroys other packaging art.

I still have my stash somewhere's ...
        And have been collecting them MOC with No Whole punch..., but because of lame Finacial reasons, I only have about 10 so far.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Anarchy
          Career Member
          • May 26, 2009

I love super powers!
          Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• wyatterb
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 2, 2001

I never found wave 3 as a kid, but once I found ebay in 1998 I picked them all up, even the Argentinian Riddler. I sold them off about 5 years ago and because we needed the money but I really regret having to part with the boxed Batcopter. I still have all of my childhood stuff from the first 2 waves and I get them out every once in a while to show the kids, but they have have some of their own stuff to play with so they keep their hands off for the most part.

Comment

• boynightwing
              That Carl Guy
              • Apr 24, 2002

I've always wanted some carded SP's. I doubt I'll ever get a whole set but I'd be happy with Batman and Robin carded.

I'll take pics of my collection later and post it here. Some of it is still put away in storage, some never gets put away like my Hall of Justice and Batmobile.

Comment

• boynightwing
                That Carl Guy
                • Apr 24, 2002

My Batmobile with a repainted Batman (rescued from a flea market and repaired) and a Toybiz Robin (rescued from the same flea market)

Batman and Robin with their villains. Riddler and Two Face are Toybiz. Penguin and Catwoman are Kenner Batman Returns. I have a blue/purple Penguin but I like this one better.

The Hall of Justice commands the highest spot in the room with some JLU figures standing guard.

Thats all for now. I have a Batcopter that is pretty beat up. The Supermobile is in storage. I have a few doubles of figures in storage as well. Most of these figures I have had since I was ten years old.
                Last edited by boynightwing; Nov 2, '10, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• generic
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 25, 2009

Wow, those are some great looking figures!
                  Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎