X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Supergirl/Smallville thought...

Smallville's shelf-life is quickly coming due given the fact that they are now on season 7. I'm sure central stars Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum are anxious to get onto other things and that their contracts should be up soon.

Anyone think the introduction of Supergirl gives them the potential to extend the series past it's natural life-span? Once Clark finally leaves for the fotress to complete his training or takes off to explore the world before becoming Superman. I'm sure a stripped down cast consisting of Cloe, Jimmy, Lois and Kara would be considerably cheaper to produce. Huge sales of Smallville DVD boxsets in the past few years would probably play into this new model of TV production.

The producers have been trying to replicate the success of Smallville in the past with Birds of Prey and Mercy Reef (the Aquaman pilot).

Do you think folks would rather see Justice League spin out of Smallville instead? Or perhaps Erica Durance in her own solo Lois Lane TV show? It might be intersting to see Lois Lane's early years struggling to get respect as a junior reporter.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I would'nt doubt if they do a a spin-off show of her,she was pretty good and pretty hot too
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

I'd rather see a Lois spinoff or one with Kara.... But seriously, all cheesecake and T&A aside...I've never felt too strongly about a JLA featuring Green Arrow, Aquaman, Impulse, and Cyborg. Without a Batman or even Green Lantern I just ain't buying it.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• kept back
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 2, 2002

I'd rather see a Justice League show, but with different characters than were introduced in Smallville. Maybe Ollie leading a Giffen era league(Gardner, Fire, Ice, Booster, Beetle) and a few others (Zatanna, J'onn, Dinah).

Booster shows up and is constantly foiling the plans of the "terrorist organization' know as The Justice League(being from the future, he knows when and where they will strike). BG becomes a Luthor Corps backed hero but gradually begins to realize that his boss is corrupt then jumps to the League. You could re-write a few things like Dinah's assault from Grell's Long Bow Hunters and make it the incident that prompts Zatanna's "mindwipe", setting her up as the one they don't completely trust. Ice's death sets Guy off in an attempt to change history(a take on Marz' Emerald Twilight storyline). Just a few ideas.
        Last edited by kept back; Oct 14, '07, 10:57 PM.
        Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

I'd rather not see any spinoffs from this series I've had enough of 90210 Smallville.........

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by kept back
            I'd rather see a Justice League show, but with different characters than were introduced in Smallville. Maybe Ollie leading a Giffen era league(Gardner, Fire, Ice, Booster, Beetle) and a few others (Zatanna, J'onn, Dinah).

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• kept back
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 2, 2002

uuuggghhhh...not that one
              Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• ozcollector1992
                Longtime Oz Collector
                • Oct 13, 2006

Why is Kara Evil
                It bugges me so much

Zor-El is evil so Kara is, WoW what a big leap

Sean
                Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

So has anyone been watching this since it came back from break? It just hasn't fit into my schedule and I don't care to watch online. I'll wait for DVD's.

As far as spin offs go - I assume you are right - they are keeping options open
                  I think these line ups are liekly:
                  1.) Green Arrow
                  2.) JLA Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Impulse, Aquaman, Green Arrow and Maybe Supergirl
                  3.)Supergirl in Smallville

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

That Pic of Green Lantern looks really bad. He's a cross between Kyle Rayner & Guy Gardner... I thought I'd never see that.

I am looking forward to the Green Arrow, & Aquaman Smallville action figures & thats it. I don't watch the show,.. but did manage to catch an episode or few with the Arrow On it.. I think the sculpts on the toys are great,.. & could possibly work for anyone.

I look forward to Smallville being canceled,.. or discontinued.. Then perhaps Warner will add that cash to the Green Lantern Movie Fund.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ozcollector1992
                      Longtime Oz Collector
                      • Oct 13, 2006

They might spin off with Kara but, is she gonna get her memory back????? she seems lost right now
                      Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                        That Pic of Green Lantern looks really bad. He's a cross between Kyle Rayner & Guy Gardner... I thought I'd never see that.

The funny thing is it isn't just the look that is amalgamized - the character was called Guy but the part was totally Kyle.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

I've wanted to get back into this again this season but that never worked out. I believe it's on Thursday nights now and I'm sticking with Survivor and Lost instead...
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎