X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Where my monster love comes from

Growing up in my neck of the woods, we didn't have a horror host and getting a copy of Famous Monsters wasn't easy but we did have the Monsters Series of Books from Crestwood House. My local library had all of the ones pictured (and I swear a Creature one) and they fed my mad thirst for monster knowledge. From about 1980-82, one of these was constantly lent out by me, especially the Godzilla book. That's why I was so excited to find this at a toy show a few years ago:

The crestwood book on my favourite monster of all, Frankenstein. This book goes from the Edison version lingering on Universal to Hammer and ending with Michael Sarrazin (this was published in 1977). One of these days I'm going to have to track down the others.
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

oh my god I remember that book,I use to check it out at my school Library in 2nd grade in 1987
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• lepage
      The Ape General
      • Aug 12, 2001

yep I too checked those out regularly myself. I love them to this day though I currently don't have any.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Never knew those were out there. I'll have to look into getting one of the crestwood books! Thanks for posting this.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Yup my library had those too and I was constantly checking them out. In fact I checked for the heck of it earlier this year and they STILL have them!
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎