Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

I just knew that this thread would be about Human Centipede. I've been hearing about it for a few months now and I just have to check it out (although I've mostly heard poor reviews about it).

Not really a horror movie, but I thought "Requiem for a Dream" was pretty disturbing. A good film, but I have no desire to see it again. "Irreversible" is a bit disturbing too. And I've heard that much of the camera movements and sounds in that film were done to subliminally make the viewer even more uneasy while watching.

If we can add books to the discussion, by far the most disturbing novel I've read is "The Girl Next Door". Very dark and depressing, I felt like I got punched in the stomach after reading it, and it left me in a bad mood for a couple days. The fact that it was based on a true story makes it even worse. I haven't seen the film adaptation yet, but I'm guessing it's not as bad, there was stuff in the book that would absolutely have to be left out of the film.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Not for scariness, but for pure shock factor nothing can beat this scene from Exorcist 3

Warning,
      Don't watch this if you have a weak heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Srhd7kKARI

m

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
        Banned
        • Oct 25, 2010

Several of those 'Masters of Horror' are quite good. (And many are, ehhh)

We collect the DVDs whenever we see them, we have most of the set. 'Jennifer' is good as is the one with the heavy guy from Cheers.

Although not disturbing, I think that 'Abominable' is a hell of a fun ride, especially for a newer film.

Mikey01 - Thanks for the ten years off my life man! DAMN! Had to snap the lamp on after that!
        Last edited by Mr.Krusher; Oct 27, '10, 7:25 PM.

Comment

• megoapesnut
          The name says it all!
          • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Carpenter's Prince of Darkness scared the beejeezus out of me. It really disturbed me for a number of weeks after seeing it.
          Yeah, this was my pick. The ending sent chills up my spine that are just beginning to warm back up after 20 years.

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Mikey01
            Not for scariness, but for pure shock factor nothing can beat this scene from Exorcist 3

Warning,

m
            Come on don't watch if you have a weak heart...
            Really...
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

Warning,

m
              How about the end scene from Don't Look Now
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-J9z5cJEGc

Comment

• Brazoo
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 14, 2009

Warning,

m
                To be fair, it might not have the same effect when separated from the rest of the movie like that.

It reminded me of that shot in The Shining when Shelley Duvall looks down a hallway, and the camera quickly zooms into a room where two men in masks are doing, uh, something very strange. If that makes any sense. Sorry, I can't find the shot - but that shot always use to be very effective - and it uses the zoom and music in a similar way.

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>I just knew that this thread would be about Human Centipede.

....so did I. Haven't seen it yet, but a guy at work said it's.... well.... odd. If you like weird, disgustipating 80's kinda horror you'd probably like this.

Don C.

Comment

• wilbs518
                    Mego Collector
                    • Jul 25, 2009

Henry portrait of a serial killer was pretty disturbing to me.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

Don't Look Now's ending is creepy as heck.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Just thought I'd mention that "Human Centipede" got a mention on tonight's Halloween episode of "Community" (which was completely awesome, a zombie movie parody set to ABBA music )

Comment

• mego73
                          Printed paperboard Tiger
                          • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by cjefferys
                          I just knew that this thread would be about Human Centipede. I've been hearing about it for a few months now and I just have to check it out (although I've mostly heard poor reviews about it).

Not really a horror movie, but I thought "Requiem for a Dream" was pretty disturbing. A good film, but I have no desire to see it again. "Irreversible" is a bit disturbing too. And I've heard that much of the camera movements and sounds in that film were done to subliminally make the viewer even more uneasy while watching.

If we can add books to the discussion, by far the most disturbing novel I've read is "The Girl Next Door". Very dark and depressing, I felt like I got punched in the stomach after reading it, and it left me in a bad mood for a couple days. The fact that it was based on a true story makes it even worse. I haven't seen the film adaptation yet, but I'm guessing it's not as bad, there was stuff in the book that would absolutely have to be left out of the film.
                          Well, I haven't read the book but I did see the movie and it's really brutal. If they did leave anything out, they sure still left enough in..

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
                            Not really a horror movie, but I thought "Requiem for a Dream" was pretty disturbing. A good film, but I have no desire to see it again.
                            Agreed, it disturbed more than any horror movie could. I have a friend who owns it, I never understood why.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• bgrimm77
                              NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
                              • Jan 4, 2009

The original Texas Chainsaw , with the original Psycho and the Exorcist as runners up
                              WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• Goblin19
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 2, 2002

The needle in the arm scene toward the end of Requiem is unwatchable.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎