X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • babycyclops
    Career Member
    • Jul 9, 2010

Originally posted by Brazoo
    Oh wow - I'm going to check out "Come and See" for sure! I just googled some images from it. Cheers!

Rosemary's Baby is creepy for sure. If you haven't seen it yet you should check out an earlier Polanski movie called "Repulsion".
    You're welcome. The movie really is a punch in the guts.

I've never seen Repulsion, reckon i'll track it down! I really like 'The Tenant', another one of Polanski's early films, too.

Comment

• Brazoo
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by babycyclops
      You're welcome. The movie really is a punch in the guts.

I've never seen Repulsion, reckon i'll track it down! I really like 'The Tenant', another one of Polanski's early films, too.
      "The Tenant" is great too. Actually a lot of people refer to "Repulsion", "The Tenant" and "Rosemary's Baby" as Polanski's Apartment Trilogy, so I think you'll enjoy it for sure.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

The Sound of Music still scares the hell out of me.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Getting back to the movie in question, I think having a mad German scientist as the bad guy is over the top cliché

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Mikey01
            Getting back to the movie in question, I think having a mad German scientist as the bad guy is over the top cliché
            I loved that part...LOL

Shhtop!!!!
            That's part of what really makes me want to watch this.
            Mad german scientist The ultimate cliché.
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• megoapesnut
              The name says it all!
              • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Mr.Krusher
              "Threads" is pretty rough for me. An older Charles Band film called 'Tourist Trap' always bothers the hell outta me, ughhh.
              Tourist Trap with Chuck Conners and Tanya Roberts? I love that flick. One of my favorite low budget horror flicks. I haven't watched it for a while so I'll have to dig out the DVD sometime soon.

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                Banned
                • Oct 25, 2010

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                Tourist Trap with Chuck Conners and Tanya Roberts? I love that flick. One of my favorite low budget horror flicks. I haven't watched it for a while so I'll have to dig out the DVD sometime soon.
                Thats the one. Nary a drop of blood is spilled in the film, but the atmosphere is of utter hopelessness and its very claustrophobic and uncomfortable later in the film. The scene where 'he' is using the plaster...that dialogue and his inflection...VERY dark and unsettling - far more visceral than any silly 'Jason' or 'slasher' crap.

I think that its a very original film and would like to see it re-done by someone with a talented eye.

I also love 'Dolls'. But thats a whole different scene, thats just an awesome Stuart Gordon/Charles Band fairy tale.

Comment

• clemso
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 8, 2001

Texas Chainsaw Massacre to me is the most disturbing that I have watched

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                    Banned
                    • Oct 25, 2010

Clemso - Agreed man, that was a doozy. Made me want to toss up and then have a shower the first time I saw it.

I'm sure that it MUST have been on the 'Video Nasty' list.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by clemso
                      Texas Chainsaw Massacre to me is the most disturbing that I have watched
                      The original from the 70's?
                      Really...
                      Again silly and humorous/preposterous...
                      Maybe there is something wrong with me...

Disturbing I tend to lean more along the lines of I spit on your grave,last house on the left(original),cannibal holocaust,Hostel or Henry:portrait of a serial killer.

All that other slasher crap is just ridiculous and often funny.Or simply ridiculously funny.
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• clemso
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                        The original from the 70's?
                        Really...
                        Again silly and humorous/preposterous...
                        Maybe there is something wrong with me...

Disturbing I tend to lean more along the lines of I spit on your grave,last house on the left(original),cannibal holocaust,Hostel or Henry:portrait of a serial killer.

All that other slasher crap is just ridiculous and often funny.Or simply ridiculously funny.
                        Well I was quite young when i saw it. I'm sure compared todays films it might not stand up, but it scared the s**t out of me

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I saw the end of Rosemary's Baby recently, having never seen it all the way through. The sight of Clara from Andy Griffith saying "Hail Satan" over and over again was quite disturbing in and of itself.

I've never seen the Exorcist all the way through. I don't plan to either.

Carpenter's Prince of Darkness scared the beejeezus out of me. It really disturbed me for a number of weeks after seeing it. I was in my early teens then, and my head was scrambled enough by hormones and such.

The first true horror movie I ever saw was Carpenter's The Thing. What a way to start out!!!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by clemso
                            Well I was quite young when i saw it. I'm sure compared todays films it might not stand up, but it scared the s**t out of me
                            When I saw it I was 11 I think so that might skew my opinion?
                            I had to own it no small feet at the time as it was "illegal" in Canada?
                            Not sure why,I mean there were way more graphic films than it out there at the time.
                            I just find it hard to believe anybody thought it was real I know it was based off of ed gains but he was around in the 50's not the seventies and he never had a chainsaw?
                            It's a film classic for sure I was utterly disappointed with the new remakes.

Not trying to be judgemental I mean if it is disturbing to you than it is disturbing to you no ifs ands or butts about it.

Comment

• alex
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 15, 2009

This had my jaw dropping with repulsion, part of the "masters of hooror"
                              Imprint (TV episode 2006) - IMDb

Comment

• babycyclops
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 9, 2010

Originally posted by fallensaviour

'Cannibal Holocaust' I think is in its own category of messed-upness, what with the animal cruelty and all. I saw it uncut for the first time about 3 years ago, and it fully lives up to it's reputation as one of the most horrific films out there.
                                I think it's a really clever, way ahead of it's time film, not just a sleazy disgusting film that is scary by accident. Definitely a challenge.

I've never seen the Exorcist all the way through. I don't plan to either.
                                I know what you mean! Even though I love scary movies and am a dyed-in -the-wool gorehound, I avoided the Exorcist for years, and had never sat through the whole film. I finally watched it a couple of years ago. It's a scary spooky film!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎