Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

You and me both. Two great actors doomed to such crumby roles in that episode.
    JediJaida

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 18, 2007

I would love to see the viper helmet....mmmmm mmmmm. Come on Craig, hook us up.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 21, 2009

I'd be on board for original Galactica characters.

Comment

• Ranger 3
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 25, 2007

A 38" Viper- YES!!

M

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
            As recent episodes of Californication have shown us!

You could also do Human Target and the original Nick Knight/Forever Knight customs!

Me, I totally want the Starbuck for Face from the A-Team. Heck, my preference would be for the A-Team over Galactica, but I can see how BSG classic would make sense for Zica.
            Californication made ME blush!

But hey, I loved the original Human Target and Nick Knight! So right on!
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mefiboschet
              Career Member
              • Nov 29, 2003

Originally posted by Ranger 3
              A 38" Viper- YES!!

M
              Well, we'd need you to work on this, since you are working on the BR Starfighter and did the the BR hangar display, right?

Didn't you also do a Mego-scale Galatica 80's motocycle?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                I would sell my soul to see BSG made into a 8" line.
                Please list it in the marketplace, with pics and a price. Thank you!
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

No doubt about it: that line would be awesome. Seeing what Buck Rogers figures from ZICA look like, BSG would undoubtedly blow us away!
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

How well did the most recent 1/6th figures sell through? It might give an indication of the demand and current fanbase for this kind of thing.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

The recent 1/6 ones didn't fare well.
                      Majestic started them off with Apollo, Starbuck, silver and gold Cylon and Adamo, then went out of business. Amok Time wanted to pick up the ball, made a big fuss, simply re-released a couple of them (with only the tiniest of tweaks), then went silent again, though they had made Boomer and Athena prototypes. Face sculpts were OK, but not fantastic.
                      Somebody please do this line justice!

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                        Career Member
                        • Nov 29, 2003

The big question I asked myself is: Why didn't do the 12" Majestic figures do well? Was is because of lack of interest on the side of collectors and BSG fans? Or simply because of poor business management?
                        I recall that it took almost two years from the time, these figures were announced to their finl release. The Majestic Website didn't work properly, wasn't accessible at all at different times.
                        Amok Time for some reason never went beyond the prototype stage for Tigh, Boomer, Commnder Caine, Athena and maybe some others I can't recall.
                        I personally think, all of this wasn't due to lack of interest in BSG. If they'd have done Buck Rogers, it would have flopped as well.
                        The ZICA Buck Rogers project is going on for some time also, but Craig seems to be handling things completely different. There is communication. People get answers, when they ask question. And there is an absolut commitment to quality and detail. That to me makes all the difference and keeps the interest of people high.

Comment

• Ranger 3
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 25, 2007

Very good points about the Majestic BSG line- I'd agree with everything. Also, I think the final quality of the figures was just a bit short of making them 'must have'. The head sculps were fine, and the hard sculpted parts (boots, blaster, details) were actually VERY good, but the soft goods and fit of the uniform was not great. The detail on the tunics was severely short-cut.

The Cylon, although better, was a similar story- the sculpts were all very good, but the sizes were off, making the whole thing look not quite right.

The problem with classic BSG stuff is that fans have had 30 years to learn the details of the hero costumes, so the bar is set really high.

If the final Majestic figures nailed all the details as much as could be achieved in 1/6 scale, consumers would have sought them out more regargless of the delays and poor custmoer service. The comination of the two was too much.

M

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 18, 2007

Not to mention the price was higher than most collectors want to pay. I bought mine on ebay, discounted. I need a smaller scale. Never been fond of 12"....just not as playable.....they display fine, but I want to take him out and pose him.

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                              House of a thousand Megos
                              • Aug 10, 2009

The A-Team would be so cool and I bet would sell better than BTG. Someone should make Dallas then we could shoot JR everyday!!!
                              Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                                Career Member
                                • Nov 29, 2003

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                                I need a smaller scale. Never been fond of 12"....just not as playable.....they display fine, but I want to take him out and pose him.
                                Agreed! The 8" scale has a whole different dynamics.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎