Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mefiboschet
    Career Member
    • Nov 29, 2003

Well, unfortunately, the line won't be released through ZICA, but BBP just announced they'll be doing classic BSG retro figures. Finally!

Comment

• joyandtomstudios
      • Jan 5, 2010

Our studio sculpted the prototypes for the 12 inch Original BSG figures that were going to be prouced by Amok Time Toys. We were really disappointed that there was not enough fan support to bring the figures to production. Maybe at a smaller scale and cheaper price the line will be more successful. At least we got a set of figures out of the deal. Prototype sculpts can be seen here:

http://www.joyandtomstudios.com/imag...lery/index.htm

Note: Lucifer was reworked but we haven't updated the site with more accurate pictures.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

They were gorgeous sculpts, but the figures were waaaay too expensive. And I got the Apollo and Starbuck figures.

The boots were difficult to remove, and the pants had a distressing tendency to ride too low on the hips.

The helmet and pistol were well done, but the gun belt kept slipping a lot.

Did Doc say WHEN these babies were coming out?

Hopefully by next summer.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Mefiboschet
          Career Member
          • Nov 29, 2003

Originally posted by joyandtomstudios
          Our studio sculpted the prototypes for the 12 inch Original BSG figures that were going to be prouced by Amok Time Toys. We were really disappointed that there was not enough fan support to bring the figures to production. Maybe at a smaller scale and cheaper price the line will be more successful. At least we got a set of figures out of the deal. Prototype sculpts can be seen here:

http://www.joyandtomstudios.com/imag...lery/index.htm

Note: Lucifer was reworked but we haven't updated the site with more accurate pictures.
          Could these sculpts be reused for the EMCE Galactica figures? The larger scale shouldn't be a problem, as they could be 3D scanned and reproduced on a 3D printer.

Comment

• joyandtomstudios
            • Jan 5, 2010

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
            Could these sculpts be reused for the EMCE Galactica figures? The larger scale shouldn't be a problem, as they could be 3D scanned and reproduced on a 3D printer.
            They would have to contact Amoktime as they own those particular sculpts. Our lead sculptor did the Buck, Hawk and Killer Kane sculpts for Zica. They were sculpted at 1/6th scale. Not sure what process was used to reduce them to 1/9th. Whatever the process sculpts always seem to lose something when reduced mechanically. The best results come from sculpting the head at the right scale and making it slightly larger to account for shrinkage in the final casting. In the past we have submitted a portfolio to Biff Bang Pow. We have done over 500 1/9th scale celebrity sculpts for Robot Chicken. I'm sure BBP and EMCE get a lot of sculptors wanting to work with them. If collectors like the Buck Rogers sculpts and want the same quality on BSG and 6MDM you should let them hear from you.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

I'd love to see EMCE match the quality of the Zica Buck Rogers line! We would have some really kick *** Battlestar Galactica figures

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

I would have loved to have seen more 1/6 BSG figures. I bought all five. A real shame wave 2 didn't make it...
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Marc
                  • Jul 3, 2011

Yes, me too... it would have been great to collect some other figures from the main cast. It was fantastic that the first wave was produced, but most of the time you always have Apollo/ Starbuck and the Cylons and that's it... For example like the Joyride-toyline too... that's a bit disappointing...
                  Well, I keep my fingers crossed for a new line! If it is well done, I will buy it for sure...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎