Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

When was the last time that Mattel actually cared about quality?

Oh yeah! Waaaaaay back when I was around three or four years old, in the late 1960's!

After the 70's, quality started going downhill in favore of cheep dolls (not cheap, I mean CHEEP!), crummy outfits, vacuous expressions, limited articulation, and other kinds of crap.
    JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by PeterRR
      . . . How about a ball joint neck. Now that would be great.
      We're working on it.

Comment

• Type Two
        Career Member
        • Sep 20, 2010

Wow. After all these years a Hawk action figure???? My head is spinning... .

Beautiful stuff, guys.
        Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• Orion1
          • Apr 7, 2010

Wow those are awesome.

Where can I pre-order my set? Are you going to have the Starfighter for sale too?

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Orion1
            Where can I pre-order my set? Are you going to have the Starfighter for sale too?

Pre-orders won't be taken until I know the figures are actually on the water and on their way to the US. According to the last update I got from the factory they should be shipping on 11-27-2010. The starfighter will be a made to order item, we won't be keeping them in stock. I'll be posting all the specifics on the starfighter once I have the prototype in hand.

Comment

• PeterRR
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jun 2, 2008

Originally posted by ZICA
              We're working on it.
              Great news about the ball joint neck. Since were on the subject to making improvement on bodies how about making the waist to go up and down not just side to side. Now that would be the best 8" body

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by PeterRR
                Great news about the ball joint neck. Since were on the subject to making improvement on bodies how about making the waist to go up and down not just side to side. Now that would be the best 8" body
                Once the female body is finished I might go back and tweak the male body.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Will you also be getting new headless bodies to go along with the BR stuff? I need some new bods.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    Will you also be getting new headless bodies to go along with the BR stuff? I need some new bods.
                    I won't be getting any new bodies in until it's time to start production on the remaining three figures from series 1 of Buck Rogers. Hopefully sales for Buck and Tigerman will be strong so I can get started on the remaining three a month or two after Christmas.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Drat! Drat And Double Drat!
                      JediJaida

Comment

• starsky
                        veteran member
                        • Aug 26, 2007

Pre-orders won't be taken until I know the figures are actually on the water and on their way to the US. According to the last update I got from the factory they should be shipping on 11-27-2010. The starfighter will be a made to order item, we won't be keeping them in stock. I'll be posting all the specifics on the starfighter once I have the prototype in hand.
                        great news! at least we have a specific date to go on!!

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 1, 2007

Now this is the future of the 8" format. I was stunned when I saw the pictures; I thought I was looking at the 12" stuff that Amok Time was putting out. These are positively gorgeous.

Personally, I hated this show but given how few space toys are made these days I can see myself getting a Buck and a custom Starfighter just to put in the showroom.

Best of luck with this line and keep pushing the 8" format further -- let's show the 12" guys that there's a more affordable and easier-to display alternative!

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                            Now this is the future of the 8" format. I was stunned when I saw the pictures; I thought I was looking at the 12" stuff that Amok Time was putting out. These are positively gorgeous.

Personally, I hated this show but given how few space toys are made these days I can see myself getting a Buck and a custom Starfighter just to put in the showroom.

Best of luck with this line and keep pushing the 8" format further -- let's show the 12" guys that there's a more affordable and easier-to display alternative!
                            Thanks for the compliments and for wishing me luck with line. I definitely think the 8" scale is making a big comeback and hopefully our companies will make sure it's here to stay.

Comment

• Ranger 3
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 25, 2007

Thanks for the compliments and for wishing me luck with line. I definitely think the 8" scale is making a big comeback and hopefully our companies will make sure it's here to stay.
                              To that end, you've proven that you can do anything in the 8" format that you can do in 1/6 without the huge price point. I can't imagine what these would cost as 12" figures!

M

Comment

• Boywonder0
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by EMCEtoys

Two Professionals, Two Giants and Two Gentlemen from our hobby. Its great to be a Mego fan these days.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎