Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your "Holy Grail" do you own it yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

A 1970's giant inflatable hand. it was purple. made a kid look like he was being held by King Kong (well, a purple king kong or a giant purple monster).
    posted about it before but nobody knows what I'm talking about. was coolest beach toy ever.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
      Career Member
      • Sep 5, 2005

Thirty-six years later and it's still the Creature from the Black Lagoon squirt gun. I've had a couple of opportunities on eBay, but have never had the coin nor the nerve. One of these days the planets will align...

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by jayihdz
        http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/2/7/0/Jay066.jpg

This guy here, now part of my collection.
        I got him too!

sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
          One of my grails is my new avatar...unfortunately I do not own it. I had a chance to purchase it when it was made avavailble through Goldmine magazine more then 10 years ago. Kirby drawing of Magneto using his powers on Paul McCartney and Wings. It was something that Kirby presented to Paul and Linda backstage at a Wings Concert back in '76 in LA.

Here's a Wings Grail that I do own:

This "London Town" Promo Corgi Bus is 1 of maybe a couple of hundred that were only given to McCartney/MPL/EMI associates and a few DJ's in the UK. Found this on Ebay about 10 years ago. These were given out by McCartney/MPL. There was a special Box that was made for the promo...unfortunately I couldn't manage to get one with a box....but I was happy enough to get this one.

Both are extremely cool!!!!!! I have no doubt that the Kirby drawing WILL one day be yours Berto!!!

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

I have not been able to locate the Grail yet. I am going to leave the life I have here to set off an a great quest to acquire the Chalice from which Jesus drank. I will hand deliver to the sovereign ruler of the world: Queen Elizabeth Alaxandra Mary.

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
              One of my grails is my new avatar...unfortunately I do not own it. I had a chance to purchase it when it was made avavailble through Goldmine magazine more then 10 years ago. Kirby drawing of Magneto using his powers on Paul McCartney and Wings. It was something that Kirby presented to Paul and Linda backstage at a Wings Concert back in '76 in LA.

Here's a Wings Grail that I do own:

This "London Town" Promo Corgi Bus is 1 of maybe a couple of hundred that were only given to McCartney/MPL/EMI associates and a few DJ's in the UK. Found this on Ebay about 10 years ago. These were given out by McCartney/MPL. There was a special Box that was made for the promo...unfortunately I couldn't manage to get one with a box....but I was happy enough to get this one.
              Doesn't Hans own that?

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                Banned
                • Feb 13, 2010

Another grail has been found for me I get it next week it completes my bionic collection cant wait to get it wont say what it is but will post one or two pictures of it later beep beep

Comment

• ksp
                  Banned
                  • Apr 4, 2010

Originally posted by clemso
                  What's the story behind this? Did they know who he was?

This is amazingly cool.

Peace,

Chip

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I've always wanted one of those Ms Pac-Man arcade machines. Don't really have the room for something like that but it would be cool as heck.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Rat King
                      Banned
                      • Apr 1, 2011

A complete Tytus
                      A Complete Megator
                      Laser Power He-Man
                      Vlix
                      2nd Series Black Hole Figures (All)
                      Eternia
                      Fortress Maximus
                      Korean 2 Up Combaticions Knock Off (High Quality)

Comment

• TrueDave
                        Toy Maker
                        • Jan 12, 2008

A Black and white dr who scarf
                        A metal functional( Ren Fair) Cap shield
                        a "fuzzy Face" embroidered sweatshirt of the GI Joe logo
                        Sherlock Holmes jacket
                        Eagle Eye Joe
                        Avengers# 4
                        No Prize

next?

Comment

• clemso
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 8, 2001

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by clemso
                            Yep, don't know who he is...but he has good taste Here's a better look at the Sketch:

I think that the ad in Goldmine Magazine was asking $5000 for it...that had to have been more than 12 years ago. The story about the meeting between Jack and McCartney is in the Kirby book that was on sale at Barnes and Noble....I think it was written by Mark Evanier.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                              WANTED for card bending
                              • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by stretchandro
                              A 1970's giant inflatable hand. it was purple. made a kid look like he was being held by King Kong (well, a purple king kong or a giant purple monster).
                              posted about it before but nobody knows what I'm talking about. was coolest beach toy ever.
                              was it a special effects thingy so you could take pictures like you were in a giant hand? I remember spmething like that at woolco when i was a kid. It was "a piece of junk" according to my parents and I got the more practical tootsie toy battleship.

as for holy grails, it seems i had every rare toy of the 70's 80's like 12" iG88 and Boba Fett, Alien and the Evel Dragster (Which i got here last year). all of my grails are toys I had as a kid, and unfortunatley they were always the ones that age the cornerstone or difficult to find (READ PRICEY) figs. The only thing I reeeeealy want and never got is the Mattell RODAN! with my budget i would have to sell a kidney to get it.... and the one thing i discovered in my collecting later years, is the Popy version of shogun Godzilla! that thing RULES!
                              Last edited by bizzaro megomauler; May 5, '11, 5:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎