Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your "Holy Grail" do you own it yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

Whats your "Holy Grail" do you own it yet?

Iv always loved collecting , and people will know from the UK we used to get memorabilia and Sci Fi collectors books issued every now and then , Id buy them all , The Mag "Memorabilia" was issued 1997/ 2000 great features and toy adverts and some people would show off there collections , anyway I used to be amazed by the amount of love there was for vintage toys , one of the issues had a feature on The Six Million Dollar man/Bionic Woman , and it showed Stuff I had never seen bigfoot!! super size Bionic Doll USA ONLY toys

It really made me start collecting even more for my Holy Grails and with the internet and good people/ fans and contacts Iv done it I must admit iv spent 1000s on Bionics ..

How far would you go to own your "Holy Grails" or do you in fact own some of your most wanted toys ever?

I am still having a ball ....

Last edited by Karen-bionic-fan; Oct 2, '10, 5:20 AM.
  • david_b
    Never had enough toys..
    • May 9, 2008

Weeeeellll, I posted my 'latest Holy Grail' now available, the original Moon Base Alpha Studio model, but I can't afford the $16,000 if I still want to stay married...

I'm glad to have picked up a minty inflatable MMMS Spidey pillow from 1968, took me a few months to pay it off. That's about as grailiest as I get.

david_b
    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• generic
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 25, 2009

For me it was probably the KISS Megos because I had wanted them since I was a kid. I remember seeing them in the store and my father wouldn't get them. I had wanted them ever since. When I first heard about ebay, the KISS Megos were the first thing I looked up. At the time, I didn't know a thing about "Mego" and in looking up the KISS series, I found that the same company made all of the Superheroes and Star Trek figures I'd had as a kid. So in addition to being my "Holy Grail" of toys, the KISS figures also led me back to Mego toys! I did eventually Collect 'em All!
      Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

I have so many grails on my list it ain't even funny,But I do own a few
        1-My talking Kenner prototype Robocop
        2-the Blank from Dick tracy
        3-WDCC Fantasia piece
        4-WDCC Alice in wonderland piece
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• vulcan2074
          Live Long and Prosper
          • Mar 23, 2008

My list is long even though I have scored so many of my grails. I've been very Lucky. The one Grail item I want that has eluded me is the Voice Control Kennedy Airport playset made by Remco and released in 1968. Heres a commercial of it. Its Super Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No9sIvwP2us

Sammy

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by vulcan2074
            My list is long even though I have scored so many of my grails. I've been very Lucky. The one Grail item I want that has eluded me is the Voice Control Kennedy Airport playset made by Remco and released in 1968. Heres a commercial of it. Its Super Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No9sIvwP2us

Sammy
            cool Sammy, what does that go for?
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by toys2cool
              cool Sammy, what does that go for?
              I'm not sure. I've only seen bits and pieces of it. One of these days I hope to find a complete one.
              Sammy

Comment

• BOTZWANA
                spam
                • May 28, 2009

I want many grail items but don't want to spend the cash for them nor do I have the space for them. I need a bigger house. Eh, maybe one day...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

This Guy is 1 of them ...

Not a real Spendy Piece, but being only 9 yrs old when I got him 1st...., He was my Favorite Action figure ever... , and with Robin and the Batmobile..., it was Childhood Gold. It holds 1 of the Most Personal Valued places in my collection. The Comic was the best ..., I probably read it 1,000 times.... Joker Turned Thre City of Gotham into Zombies ...., & it was up to the Bat to Save the Day, with a Hand from Aquaman at the End.

I have a few others too ...., been looking for that Perfect Green Lantern for this yrs addition.

I also have Every Single G.I.JOE RAH Dreadnok figure MOC OR MIB ...., except Ripper and Buzzer ...., Those Hold very high interest with Me and my Collection. I loved them as a Kid..., they were my Fav. I have Since collected almost Every Zartan figure Avalible as well.
                  Last edited by BlackKnight; Oct 2, '10, 8:12 PM.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• LadyZod
                    Superman's Gal Pal
                    • Jan 27, 2007

I've always wanted the Mego Stretch Superman, but he's very costly... I'm happy with what I have been able to get: His head, and the trunks. That'll do.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                    Check out my art:
                    Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                    Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

My grail toy does not exist anymore.

I have been wanting a loose and intact Super Joe Darkon. A child hood buddy had him and I always wanted my own. Instead, I had Lumios and the Shield. Cool figures, sure, but the green guy with the huge lightning sword was hard to beat. It's impossible to find any of these that haven't deteriorated into pieces.

Aside from that, maybe a minty SHogun Warriors Raydeen.

Scott
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

The Holy Grails I'm looking for: Solid box WGSHs, Silk Screen Supergirl, Peace Belt Supergirl, some boxed and carded WGSHs, Mission Gamma VI playset, CAH Batcopter MIB and the Greatest American Hero Ralph figure just for kicks.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                          OH JES!!
                          • Jul 21, 2005

1. Medicom Godzilla 12" figure Combat Joe Takara
                          2. The Hal Needham Stuntman set Gabriel 1977
                          3. Bild Lily Doll
                          4. Medicom Rocketeer 12" figure
                          5. Tarzan Big Jim
                          6. Big Jim Euro Spy series 004

Comment

• Joe90
                            Most Special Agent
                            • Feb 23, 2008

My Holy Grail are the Mego/Princess Grace Dolls Fighting Yank accessory cards and window boxes that I purchased at Kresge's in the Summer of 1966.

There was a Fighting Yank MP small arms card that I bought, and when I pulled the helmet off of it I found this...

I can only assume that the Japanese manufacturer had a clearance of their remaining GI Joe stock when Hasbro moved all the production to Hong Kong, and Meg/PGD picked up a bunch of these items for use on their cards. The holster, .45, and belt are all very obviously Hasbro too. I'd like to find a MOC specimen.

I won't hold my breath, though.
                            90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

Some things I want when I get my toy room are: GI Joe Helicopter, a SMDM figure, a coupke of figures from Johnny West, a Steve Scout figure and maybe the Tin Can Alley game. All items I had as a kid.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎