Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I agree with everything that's been said...what an amazing accomplishment!
    That is hands down the best 8" figure I've ever seen.

Fantastic work Craig...can't wait to see what ZICA does next.
    Personally, I'm hoping for a Six Million Dollar Man 8" line, followed by a Wild, Wild, West line.

Comment

• rockeehorror
      • Jun 19, 2010

Lets hope people are taking notes on how to create an amazingly detailed and sculpted figure. The body we know is already incredible...can't wait to start purchasing these figures! Especially when you know attitude and quality control is not an issue for Zica! Buck is gonna rock BIG!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Only a talking Twiki can top this....

And sorry if it's been asked before, but: what will the packaging be like?
        Something we can open and close without destroying it?
        I won't be able to afford multiples, so a figure I can put back in the box would be cool....
        Last edited by Gorn Captain; Oct 1, '10, 9:01 AM.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
          Only a talking Twiki can top this....

And sorry if it's been asked before, but: what will the packaging be like?
          Something we can open and close without destroying it?
          I won't be able to afford multiples, so a figure I can put back in the box would be cool....
          The packaging is a collector friendly box so you're covered.

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

Fantastic work! While a lot of us appreciate the simpler designs of some original Megos, I really think that had Mego continued their figures would have evolved towards this type of more detailed, realistic looking figure. Megos, own 12" Buck Rogers line was nicely done with fairly elaborate costumes, and this figure looks even more impressive than that, and at 8" too!

Comment

• spamn
              Minty and All-Original!
              • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by ZICA
              I think I have a pretty good idea Sandy, at least I hope it's what I think it is.

I'm extremely happy to see that so many of you are impressed with the figure. This project has been the learning experience from the deepest bowels of hell but I was determined to get things done a certain way. There were a few sacrifices I had to make in certain areas but for the most part the figures turned out exactly like I had planned.
              From the picture, it looks totally worth it.

Comment

• torgospizza
                Theocrat of Pan Tang
                • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Personally, I'm hoping for a Six Million Dollar Man 8" line...
                I'd totally be up for that. The only trouble I could imagine is with Lee Majors. I love the dude and all, but I hear he's a handful to deal with.

Comment

• bgiles73
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 14, 2010

Looks like the word is getting out there that these are on the way! I hope ZICA will get some really big licenses in the future.

ZICA Toys: New Toy Company Takes on BUCK ROGERS - Figures.com Forums

I can't think of how many other lines I would love to see in this scale. I would love to see "Battlestar Galactica", "V", "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" and "Xena" done by ZICA just to name a few! For movies "The Black Hole", "WestWorld", "Planet of the Apes", "Battle Beyond the Stars", classic "Clash of the Titans" and maybe classic "Tron". These are just a few I'd really like to see.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                    Mego obsessed!!!
                    • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
                    Thankfully I was able to get permission from the licensor to reveal one of the prototypes before the New York Comic Con and the lucky winner was Tigerman. Hope everybody likes what they see and feel free to ask questions. ZICA Toys
                    I don't really remember Tigerman, but I DO remember Wilma!!!
                    Ha ha!!!
                    Fantastic figure none the less!!!
                    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• BATMAN89
                      Mego obsessed!!!
                      • Jul 20, 2010

You WILL need a Wilma figure!!! Tight blue spandex suit!!!
                      What a great time for TV back then!!!
                      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• starsky
                        veteran member
                        • Aug 26, 2007

zica has definitely raised the bar for 8 inch figures! thank you! looking forward to more licenses!! classic battlestar galactica would be a dream come true for me and i'm sure many others!!

Comment

• Timothy2251
                          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                          • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                          You WILL need a Wilma figure!!! Tight blue spandex suit!!!
                          What a great time for TV back then!!!
                          This outfit wouldn't be bad either - nice and retro-looking!

Brings up an interesting question. Will we get a blonde Wilma like in the first season, or the brunette Wilma in the final season? OR... will we get BOTH?

And don't get me started on the many costume choices for Princess Ardala...
                          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                            This outfit wouldn't be bad either - nice and retro-looking!

Brings up an interesting question. Will we get a blonde Wilma like in the first season, or the brunette Wilma in the final season? OR... will we get BOTH?

And don't get me started on the many costume choices for Princess Ardala...
                            http://hez.devlogic.org/wp-content/u...6/ardala08.jpg
                            For now the plan is to make Wilma look like she did in the movie with her white pilot suit, the same as Buck. As for Ardala, I have an outfit in mind that I think most will be happy with but everything is still pending licensor approval.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                              • Mar 15, 2008

Any Wilma's a good Wilma! Can't wait to see her!
                              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Vivisect
                                • Jun 16, 2010

Holy $@#% Craig, that figure turned out awesome! So much more detail than whats usually put into an 8" figure, especially the little things like the necklace.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎