X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by VintageMike
    That said enjoy being 22 and and the good years ahead. As many here will testify it seems to end all too soon.
    That seems to ve VERY good advice!
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mark
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 22, 2010

Originally posted by Wee67
      That seems to ve VERY good advice!
      It sure is, the best thing to do is to make every day count.

Comment

• Joe90
        Most Special Agent
        • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Mark
        When I was younger, I would sometimes experience some type of a flash back every now and then. I have asked my parents if certain recounted events have actually happened to me and they have dismissed most of them.
        Originally posted by nvmbrsdoom5
        I've had certain "flashbacks" and memories of things that were before my time and I've asked my parents about it, if there's any way these were things I'd seen or heard at an extremely early age and just don't remember, and they have no idea.
        Deja Vu.

It's alternately explained as the transmigrated soul remembering their past life, or the brain's synapses misfiring.

In the misfire rationale, the reasoning says that our brain first processes information with the "here and now" sensory perception and then the information gets stored in our memory where we can recollect it. The misfire circumvents the information and places it in the memory first and we encounter a sense of familiarity even though we have never experienced it before.

Accept whichever rationale is most comfortable to you.

When I was a child I had vivid dreams of overhauling a motorcycle carburetor. I had no access to motorcycles, let alone a shop. As a young man I bought a motorcycle. A friend in the know offered to help me with motorcycle maintenance. He was amazed that I was able to rebuild the carb without his help. I can't totally explain it, but I'm open to opinions.
        90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• Mark
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 22, 2010

Originally posted by Joe90
          Deja Vu.

It's alternately explained as the transmigrated soul remembering their past life, or the brain's synapses misfiring.

In the misfire rationale, the reasoning says that our brain first processes information with the "here and now" sensory perception and then the information gets stored in our memory where we can recollect it. The misfire circumvents the information and places it in the memory first and we encounter a sense of familiarity even though we have never experienced it before.

Accept whichever rationale is most comfortable to you.

When I was a child I had vivid dreams of overhauling a motorcycle carburetor. I had no access to motorcycles, let alone a shop. As a young man I bought a motorcycle. A friend in the know offered to help me with motorcycle maintenance. He was amazed that I was able to rebuild the carb without his help. I can't totally explain it, but I'm open to opinions.
          I have heard of a few documented cases of transmigrated souls. One in particular involved a young child describing a house, that he had never seen before. With the address he gave his parents, they traveled to the address only to discover that the house had been described perfect detail.

It is a really interesting subject, to think that we have been here before. I have never been to Disneyland before, but I have a faint memory of visiting the park as a young child.

There are alot of reported cases and strange occurrences. But a lot of people seem to just pass these type of things off as hoaxes.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I've always wondered what it would have been like to have been a kid in the late 50s to 60s. All those great Marx toys and robots, Rock em Sock em Robots, Great Garloo, King Zor, Captain Action, GI JOE, Major Matt Mason, etc. It was like the golden age of modern toys.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mark
              Museum Patron
              • Sep 22, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
              I've always wondered what it would have been like to have been a kid in the late 50s to 60s. All those great Marx toys and robots, Rock em Sock em Robots, Great Garloo, King Zor, Captain Action, GI JOE, Major Matt Mason, etc. It was like the golden age of modern toys.
              I know how you feel, some many great toys and classic cars.

Comment

• LadyZod
                Superman's Gal Pal
                • Jan 27, 2007

I think those of us in our thirties really got to have our cake and eat it too.

I mean, I was born in the middle of the 70's, but I school age in the 80's... that means, I got to play with 70's toys and 80's toys. Up until the mid 80's you'd still find Mego products at clearance centers and stores like Odd Lots and Alexander's.

And with Reaganomics hitting all the right nerves, my parents had more disposable income for my toys. It's like I got the best part of the 70's without the whole Gas shortage thing.

The only bad part... jelly shoes. I freakin' hated wearing those things.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                Check out my art:
                Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Joe90
                  Most Special Agent
                  • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  It was amazing...

Besides GI Joes there were Spy Toys...

Army Toys...

Slot Cars...

Train sets...

Plastic models...

Yeah. It was amazing...
                  Last edited by Joe90; Sep 28, '10, 5:52 PM.
                  90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Joe90
                    It was amazing...

Besides GI Joes there were Spy Toys...
                    Whoa! That is some wicked cool stuff! Thanks for posting that.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                      MeGoing
                      • May 14, 2003

Welcome! I hope you have a great time here

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡