Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csstuba
    • Jun 27, 2007

suspiria

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
      Pat Troughton in disguise
      • Nov 21, 2007

Just picked up
      Ghoul School
      Turkey Shoot AKA Blood Camp Thatcher
      Patrick
      Strange Behaviour
      Creepozoids
      Vampire killer barbys
      All for £1 each

Also got the Hammer Collection Box set for £40 in a sale
      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• unataper
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 8, 2007

Originally posted by lepage
        I just picked up the following but have not watched them yet.
        The reaping
        Hostel 2
        NOTLD 3-d (I did watch and though its not an award winner by any means, I thought it was fun)
        black sheep
        Wrong turn #2
        Darkman 3 disk set
        Dr. giggles
        Tales from the crypt season 7
        tales from the cyptkeeper animated series
        Abandoned (the last of the 8 films to die for)
        Some great movies on your list!

Wrong Turn 2 is hilarious! My girlfriend and I sat down to watch it and about 30 minutes into the movie she turns to me and says "I didn't realize we were going to watch a comedy!" Lots of gore though, I really liked it.

Cecil
        For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

• unataper
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 8, 2007

Horror DVD purchases

I bought Planet Terror. I wasn't going to buy Death Proof but with the $5 off coupon in PT, I probably will. I also picked up the Russian film "DAYWATCH".

Cecil
          For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I got a tip here to go to Giant Tiger (thanks Stretchandro) and I got the 75th year edition of Frankenstein for $10. It was the only copy but they had tons of Dracula (I'm sorry that movie puts me to sleep). What a great DVD set, the extras alone are worth it.

However, the whole container just completely fell apart when I opened it.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

I just got the Phantom of the mall Eric's revenge and the coolest part is that i contacted the Guy who plays Eric (Derek Rydall) who was also in Popcorn in the 80's and the chick Kari Whitman(who was a playmate ) and the both were really cool and said they would sign it for no charge...How cool is that?
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

I just picked up the Asian horror anthology 3 EXTREMES for dirt cheap at Blockbuster ($2.75!). It includes short films by Park Chan-Wook ("Old Boy"), Fruit Chan ("Durian Durian") and Takashi Miike ("Audition", "Ichi the Killer"). This is supposed to be pretty twisted, and I'm especially a Miike fan, so I'm looking forward to watching this. I'm always happy to see the less mainstream stuff sell for so cheap at BB.

Comment

• ramsey37
                  • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                  I got a tip here to go to Giant Tiger (thanks Stretchandro) and I got the 75th year edition of Frankenstein for $10. It was the only copy but they had tons of Dracula (I'm sorry that movie puts me to sleep). What a great DVD set, the extras alone are worth it.

However, the whole container just completely fell apart when I opened it.
                  I couldn't make myself buy either of the 75th Anniversary sets at original issue price, since I already have the Legacy sets for both characters. For $10.00, I'd have to bite the bullet though.
                  I agree that "Frankenstein" is definitely the better film of the two. "Dracula" has iconic performances by Bela Lugosi and Dwight Frye, but the rest of the cast is pretty lackluster. Once Dracula takes up residence at Carfax Abbey, the movie moves at a glacial pace. On a totally unrelated note, I'll be adding more crosses and garlic to my room tonight, just to be safe. Nothing personal, Count!
                  George

Comment

• ramsey37
                    • Jun 18, 2001

I picked up the Universal Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection and the Hellboy Director's Cut set within the last few weeks.
                    George

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I agree that "Frankenstein" is definitely the better film of the two. "Dracula" has iconic performances by Bela Lugosi and Dwight Frye, but the rest of the cast is pretty lackluster. Once Dracula takes up residence at Carfax Abbey, the movie moves at a glacial pace.
                      That's where my wife and I both fell asleep (mid day) on our last attempt to watch it. She's a vampire movie fanatic and her favourite is Dracula's Daughter, which I view as a better film.

I would like to watch the extras on the Dracula disk so I might go back and get it as well.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by ramsey37
                        I agree that "Frankenstein" is definitely the better film of the two. "Dracula" has iconic performances by Bela Lugosi and Dwight Frye, but the rest of the cast is pretty lackluster. Once Dracula takes up residence at Carfax Abbey, the movie moves at a glacial pace.
                        Oh yeah, I agree with all of this. FRANKENSTEIN is infinitely better. I just have a hard time getting through DRACULA (and I'm a fan of several other Browning films), especially the second half. The lack of music and stagebound camera work certainly doesn't help (unfortunately, these two things may have been partly because this film was an early talkie). I have yet to actually watch the Spanish version (which is supposed to be superior on all counts except lacking the iconic presence of Lugosi in the title role).

Is there anything substantial on the 75th Anniversary sets that isn't on the Legacy sets? I already have the latter versions, so I don't know if it's worth my while to hunt down those $10 75th Ann. sets.

Comment

• ramsey37
                          • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
                          I have yet to actually watch the Spanish version (which is supposed to be superior on all counts except lacking the iconic presence of Lugosi in the title role).
                          The Spanish version is definitely better, although Bela Lugosi was a much better Dracula. If they coulda done the Spanish version with Bela, it would've been perfect.
                          George

Comment

• DocDrako
                            Formerly Doc Drako
                            • Nov 11, 2004

The last horror DVD I picked up was Dawn of the Dead, the original version. But that was last Halloween. I still need to pick up Day of the Dead.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• FullerDawg
                              Super Mego Man
                              • Jan 5, 2007

Just watched "30days of Night" Pretty cool

Comment

• apes3978
                                Permanent Member
                                • Nov 19, 2005

I'm not quite how sure this sizes up to most of the other titles listed in this thread (which seem to be "monster" films) but I picked up PET SEMETARY in WALMART's "2 for $11.00" bin awhile back...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎