Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by ramsey37
    My local Big Lots has gotten in a new shipment of $3.00 DVDs, and I went down yesterday and bought a big stack of movies. Most of what I bought was non-genre 1930's-1950's musicals, comedies, and dramas, but I did get a stack of science fiction/fantasy/horror films as well:
    Brainstorm (Natalie Wood's last movie)
    Dogma
    Eight Legged Freaks
    Eating Raoul
    Oh God!
    Oh God! You Devil
    Ten Little Indians
    and three Hammer Frankenstein films: The Curse of Frankenstein
    The Revenge of Frankenstein
    Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
    They also had Return of the Vampire with Bela Lugosi, but I already own a copy of that one.
    George
    I should hit another Big Lots then. I didn't know there were 2 other Frankenstein movies in that batch. I only saw Revenge. I passed on (or already had) the others you listed.
    Rich

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Bought the Groovie Goolies set yesterday at Half Price Books for $10. Does that count?

My son and I watched "House of Dracula" (from the Drac legacy set) Friday night. That's an odd one. It almost takes an "Episode One" approach to Vampirism and Lycanthropy. Vampirsim is caused by parasites, and werewolfism is all in Talbot's head, due to too much pressure? Midichlorians, anyone? And Talbot is cured at the end? WHAT?!?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• kryptosmaster
        Removed.
        • Jun 14, 2008

Stopped by Big Lots hoping to find the other 2 Hammer Frankenstein movies but ended up finding Plan 9 From Outer Space.
        Totally restored and also a color version plus commentary by MST3K Mike Nelson.

I've never seen this movie yet.

Rich

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

>And Talbot is cured at the end? WHAT?!?

Well.... TECHNICALLY he's cured at the end of the original....

Don C.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Picked up "Mirrors" on DVD for $7.00 the other night. Actually a pretty fun film to watch. This DVD contains both the theatrical and "unrated" versions. I only watched the theatrical, so I'm not sure what they did in the other version (More graphic I'm sure). Fun movie to watch, but a tad ambiguous with the ending. I recommend it though. NOT for kids under the teen years. A pretty brutal kill scene in a bathroom. Gives new meaning to cracking someone's jaw...

Comment

• ramsey37
              • Jun 18, 2001

I noticed Big Lots has gotten a new shipment of movies in recently, and I picked up a few odds and ends. There were no horror films in this batch, but I did pick up a copy of "Logan's Run" and "Hero At Large". I watched "Logan's Run" last night. It was probably the first time in about thirty years I'd seen the film, and I was glad to see that for the most part it still holds up pretty well.
              Today I stopped by Target in Bowling Green, and I picked up a copy of "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" on sale for $9.99.
              George

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Mystery Science Theater 3000 volume 15 came out today. Good stuff, has some of the original KTLA segments on it.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Got Return of the Vampire at the Lot for 3 bucks. And not horror related, but picked up the John Wayne/Batjac productions Suspense collection. 4 movies for 11 bucks at Sam's.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• shaunhood
                    • May 17, 2009

I got a Friday the 13th...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Man, I hit the lotto at Big Lots today. The complete Wonder Woman series for 6 BUCKS!!
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• AJ Collector
                        The Biggest Little Man!
                        • Aug 24, 2008

Hellraiser...

Comment

• ramsey37
                          • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          Man, I hit the lotto at Big Lots today. The complete Wonder Woman series for 6 BUCKS!!
                          Holy crap on a stick! I'll have to check that out!
                          George

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^ It was mixed in with the other WB sets. Only one I could find at two stores. I would have snagged more for people here, but nothing.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                              The name says it all!
                              • Dec 3, 2007

Friday the 13th parts 1, 2 and 3 and the new version all on Blu-Ray! Hoorah!

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Bought a pile of post nuclear horrors like "In the Year 2889" (A Larry Buchanan Classic) and "Idaho Transfer", the disk also has "Little Shop of Horrors" on it for some reason as well. It was $5 for ten movies, love these kind of finds.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎