Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your latest Horror DVD purchases?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Dark Shadows: The Haunting of Collinwood. One of those compilation videos that lifts pertinent segments from many episodes. It was fun, but unfortunately it ends before the storyline is resolved! The bonus, full episode only makes matters worse as it picks up from the main feature, and then leaves even more plotlines dangling. I was pretty honked off at the end of 4 hours and zero payoff.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Took the kids to the Ex over the weekend, I always take a break from the midway and check out the video dealers (at least I can go home with something other than an empty wallet and some cheap stuffed toys). Nabbed this two disk documentary on Amicus among other things.

I'm halfway through it, it's very detailed and lovingly done. Amicus gets largely overshadowed by Hammer but they made a lot of classic films.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

That Peter Cushing story always makes me sad --- I'm glad he came back and killed that SOB

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Picked up the Swamp Thing blu-ray, and finally watched Lifeforce on blu-ray the other night...and I can tell you, you haven't really lived until you've seen Mathilda May's boobs in hi-def.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

I can confirm, that is true, as I ALSO watched my new Lifeforce Blu Ray the other night.

Wonder why she never became a household name?

Comment

• bgrimm77
              NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
              • Jan 4, 2009

before I went away on my state issued sabbatical, I was pleased to find a copy of Mary Reily on D.V.D..... such a great Jeckyll and Hyde story with John Malkovich and Julia Roberts!
              WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Why are the horror blu rays in the UK so much better than the US ones? The Hammer releases and the new House of Usher as well as Black Sunday/Black Sabbath... All packed with features lacking on the US versions.

Anyone know of a good region-free blu ray player?

Comment

• torgospizza
                  Theocrat of Pan Tang
                  • Aug 19, 2010

Well, it's sci-fi/horror, but I got Altered States today. I also got (none of these are horror) Excalibur, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Tarzan the Tiger, and Tarzan and the Valley of Gold, and only one of them had a cover based on the movie poster art. That always annoys me when they just Photoshop a quick cover together, when the original movie posters were so evocative. At any rate, Svengoolie's about to start (tonight it's Phantom of the Opera w/ Claude Rains), so I'll catch Altered States when that's over if I can stay awake.

Comment

• Drzsmith
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 9, 2011

Evil Dead2 blue ray for $5 at Target!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡