Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikitikitavi
    Museum Mongoose
    • Aug 15, 2003

When Captain Action was reproduced by PM they also reproduced some of the DC and Marvel outfits under licence and PM could not afford huge bucks. It is entirely possible that DST can get the right to reproduce 25 year old figures. I would say they are probably talking back and forth about it.

Comment

• dumbldor
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 9, 2002

I think it will happen and can't wait for it. I will be able to find the figures I need for my carded variation set much cheaper. Plus, I can pick up some of the fakes for my son.

I can't wait to see the look on the face of that short, two-faced, hypocritical, Napoleon-complexed, egotistical owner of that joke of a Mego website when the fake Mego WGSH come out.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

And Dan....I'm just happy to read that YOU'RE happy about this possibility---

I think its a good chance of happening too---

Seems like a little risk project---I mean, now that the wheels are already turning with EMCE----

Godspeed
        Last edited by huedell; Oct 8, '07, 10:30 AM.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• dumbldor
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 9, 2002

Originally posted by dumbldor
          I think it will happen and can't wait for it. I will be able to find the figures I need for my carded variation set much cheaper. Plus, I can pick up some of the fakes for my son.

I can't wait to see the look on the face of that short, two-faced, hypocritical, Napoleon-complexed, egotistical owner of that joke of a Mego website when the fake Mego WGSH come out.
          Oh, I forgot one thing:

Actually, I don't give a crap what the little loser thinks about these figures or anything else, and he shouldn't care what I think. It is so pathetic for this loser to continue to obsess with me, my collecting habits, and what I think. What a creepy, pathetic, little existence. Stop the man-crush now and get a life.
          Last edited by dumbldor; Oct 8, '07, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• The Sentry
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 3, 2007

*throws 2 cents in*

If you would have asked me this about 6 months ago I would have laughed at you, and 6 months ago of you would have told me about Megomuseum I once again would have laughed, "No one has interrest in old toys fromthe 70's anymore!" I would have said. However since June of this year, I've had so many wake-up calls to business proper in the Mego dept. I doubt I'll ever go back to sleep!

Personally, I think the Doc has crossed some serious leaps and bounds with the Star Trek licence, and even more with POTA (This one makes me happiest, I only needed a small few things to complete my POTA collection and obtaining that licence only makes it easier to complete what I need!)
            I think if Marvel got their heads outta their @$$es they would see that this is ground that NEEDS to be covered, thanks to the success of ROBOT CHICKEN and the fact that there's a forum about this particular line of toys that's growing in popularity everyday (just google "MEGO" and see newcomers!) this was a franchise that was very popular and still would have been if Mego would have taken the Star Wars licence. Imagine what Mego figures would be like today? WOW! I personally think DC will be a shoo-in they seem to welcome different styles of the superheroes, and have spread themselves out very nicely, so I don't worry about DC, and since Marvel has those 9" figures they think that those are Megos, NOPE! I don't like them at all! I want the old-school and I think alot more share my feelings, plus one other thing, I think that this generation needs to see what rang our bells as a kid and show the kids of this era what a great action figure is all about!

So my fingers are crossed, and I think it just may happen IMO. It's just gunna take some time to secure the fact that there is a demand for these!

God, I hope it happens!

Welcome to the forum!
            sigpic
            http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
            [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by dumbldor
              Oh, I forgot one thing:

Actually, I don't give a crap what the little loser thinks about these figures or anything else, and he shouldn't care what I think. It is so pathetic for this loser to continue to obsess with me, my collecting habits, and what I think. What a creepy, pathetic, little existence. Stop the man-crush now and get a life.
              I'm just glad that i am not the only one the cretin obsesses over. Thanks for being there, Dan!!
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Captain
                Fighting the good fight!
                • Jun 17, 2001

Normally, I would say this was a dead subject....just never EVER going to happen.
                The Diamond Select/EMCE connection however totally throws that opinion out with the trash.
                I can easily see a pact between Marvel and or DC with Diamond Select to have re-issues made. In fact, I would almost bet that some kind of discussions are taking place on this very type of project as we speak...err...read!
                Diamond has done DC and Marvel related stuff in the past that seemed to contradict with the "established" DC/Marvel licensed products. I'm sure they could do so again.

Outside of a Diamond project....I refer back to my original opinion.
                "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• LadyZod
                  Superman's Gal Pal
                  • Jan 27, 2007

That's the thing.

As long as it's done as a "reissue" for the collector, direct market, I can see a small line of WGSH thru Diamond Select and Marvel and DC giving the go ahead.

Just like the reissues of GI Joe, Carebears, Transformers and everything else recently put out to take advantage of people my age reaching the point in life where we have disposable income to blow of fragmented pieces of our childhood.

Remove Diamond Select and their bargaining power from the equation and it falls apart. The end.

Consider this for the moment, as well. NO ONE thought Lucas would or could legally give a license to any other company to produce figures while Hasbro had them nailed down for YEARS. Yet, they managed to use the between the lines legal small print to allow Sideshow to produce 1:4 scale figures/statues exclusively for the "collector" non-mass market. Of course that led to them finally getting the rights to 1:6, but that's another story.

So multiple licenses for different markets? Ya, big companies can and will do that, if money's involved.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                  Check out my art:
                  Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                  Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

The economics of it all could sideline any deal. DC and or Marvel would need to see significant potential for income from any licensing deal, especially if the figures might upset their current licensees. Then the real question becomes can EMCE's China supplier handle that kind of volume, and if not, then either it doesn't happen, or someone gets squeezed out of the deal. Just speculation of course, but I wouldn't want to be the low man on that totem pole.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Since Hasbro nor Mattel produce 8 inch costumed dolls currently, would it be upsetting either?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jds1911a1
                        Alan Scott is the best GL
                        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by LadyZod
                        That's the thing.

As long as it's done as a "reissue" for the collector, direct market, I can see a small line of WGSH thru Diamond Select and Marvel and DC giving the go ahead.

Just like the reissues of GI Joe, Carebears, Transformers and everything else recently put out to take advantage of people my age reaching the point in life where we have disposable income to blow of fragmented pieces of our childhood.

Remove Diamond Select and their bargaining power from the equation and it falls apart. The end.

Consider this for the moment, as well. NO ONE thought Lucas would or could legally give a license to any other company to produce figures while Hasbro had them nailed down for YEARS. Yet, they managed to use the between the lines legal small print to allow Sideshow to produce 1:4 scale figures/statues exclusively for the "collector" non-mass market. Of course that led to them finally getting the rights to 1:6, but that's another story.

So multiple licenses for different markets? Ya, big companies can and will do that, if money's involved.
                        Actually i think sideshow buys the right to produce the 12" figs from hasbro as the master license holder with lucasfilm having approval rigths on product (i am a star wars collector too) i rememeber rebelscum website has addressed this with hasbro and that was the explanation I recall. Similiary EMCE has bought the right to produce the st reptros from Diamond as the license holder (or diamond contracted with EMCE Doc would have to confirm which)
                        Now if we all want to spend the kind of dollars a sideshow figure or a kotoboya from japan costs the chances go up. but disposable income or not without a lower price point for casual nostalgia purchases I can't forsee it happening unless doc went right for "rare" wgsh and aimed the line just at real mego heads and had a high price point

Comment

• websbestcomics
                          • Oct 5, 2007

This is all pretty fascinating. I know very little about the ins and outs of the toy industry, but it does seem promising. I'll definitely be onboard to buy any WGSH they decide to produce.
                          Scott Reed
                          www.websbestcomics.com

Comment

• AAAAA
                            Permanent Member
                            • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            ^^^ Since Hasbro nor Mattel produce 8 inch costumed dolls currently, would it be upsetting either?
                            Yeah, they hold the master toy Licence,and the "1,000" page agreements
                            lay out in Fine detail what can be and can not be made in the form of action figures and toys, to inculde that Marvel and DC have the finale say what gets produced.
                            and Both sides beat each other over the head with the contract.
                            Things that are manufactured outside the licence holder, are items not cover in the agreements.
                            as for the Tonner, there not action figures persay but high end collectible dolls.

It not going to happen.
                            Last edited by AAAAA; Oct 12, '07, 9:09 PM.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 14, 2005

well If they do dc and marvel reissues my godson will be very happy! He loves to look at my megos in their cases so if they re-issued them he would get them all.

I have to think that this could happen but still wonder if they would do many. One reason is Mattel and hasbro sell toys all over but emce only though select places. Is there really a market for dc and marvel to be satisfied with the sales volume? They might give it a try but after selling a few hundred or even a few thousand they might drop the project. Unless they are really high priced which would leave me out of buying them as I would only have interest in them if I could get them at a decent price for my gifts to my godson.

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jul 28, 2007

I think is inevitable. It's going to happen. Might be another year or so but I guarantee we'll see Re-issues of at least Supes, Batman+Robin, and Aquaman. Then we'll see Pengy, Joker, and Riddler.

If Trek happened then Dc and possibly Marvel WGSH are gonna happen. I think that was Emcee's plan anyway. Test the waters with Trek so we can Re-issue WGSH.

Don't worry Dubldor, the Re-issues aren't going to affect prices on WGSH. most of the good carded stuff is in the hands of collectors who spent a pretty penny on them so no matter how much the Re-issues affect Ebay sales of loose figures, vintage carded stuff will always be steep. Re-issues don't affect package variations.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎