X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saildog
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by Count Creepyhead
    Atlas comics make me think of 70's Doctor offices and chewable orange aspirin.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Count Creepyhead
      Atlas comics make me think of 70's Doctor offices and chewable orange aspirin.
      All my doctor had was Highlights. :(
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Sandlantern
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jul 7, 2005

Actually, I had made some inquiries a while back regarding the Atlas characters, and they are NOT public domain. Apparantely someone in the Goodman family still owns them, and is asking for (purportedly) RIDICULOUS sums of money for the rights.

Comment

• WilRadcliffe
          • May 24, 2006

Originally posted by Sandlantern
          Actually, I had made some inquiries a while back regarding the Atlas characters, and they are NOT public domain. Apparantely someone in the Goodman family still owns them, and is asking for (purportedly) RIDICULOUS sums of money for the rights.
          I wouldn't doubt that Sandlantern. But according to Beau Smith several years ago Eclipse worked up an ashcan promo with the Atlas characters under the assumption that the characters were public domain. They did offer the Goodman's some money, but as you said, the price was too high.

But I would imagine that the copyrights still hold. It hasn't been that many years since they were first published. I have no idea how Eclipse came to the conclusion that the properties were in the public domain.
          White, Gray, and Black Stones
          Scattered 'Cross the Board
          Now You Must Unite Them
          To Become the Noggle Lord!

Noggle Stones... Now On Sale!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡