X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

Shogun Warriors-esque lego villian

I was playing around with Lego's "design by me" software. Mainly dl'ing most of the models people have made. One in particular caught my attention due to the simple design, yet having that late 70''s giant robot feel and that was a spider like robot. He was also cheap enough (18$). SO I dled the model and threw him in the lego software. I began to modify him quite a bit and started to notice what I was creating (possible more so from the color scheme) felt to me like it would have been something Gaiking or Dragun would have fought and I was seeing it as one of those crazy monster like robots the Aliens always seemed to have used.

NOW I took it one step further because Lego now offers their Atlantis line as part of the design by me for modding. So I copied something they offered (which also happened to be a spider bot).

Well it turns out that this second model fit perfectly under the first model (talk about luck) now creating a new mecha giant and filling the Shogun look even more!! Blasting away part of this bug will only free the second robot waiting to strike underneath!

so below is a screen shot of that (still work in progress) and underneath that one are the two models I used to create the one in the pic below.

In all seriousness let me know if I am completely off base with this, but it does have a Shogun type feel to me anyway

The top is a custom from design by me (thanks to that creator), the bottom from Lego's Atlantis line
    Last edited by mazinz; Sep 4, '10, 7:11 AM.
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

I changed it up a little converting one of the domes to a claw and the other some sort of shield. I might also add "spinner" weapons on the legs

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

Added in a few more minor details including building up the legs a little and giving him pseudo mandibles, almost there!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎