Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Back in the early 80's there was a late night half hour sketch comedy show called Comedy Break with Mack and Jamie.

I used to HATE that show
    But it seems today i'm the only person who remembers it.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

>I have never even remotely seen the show here in the States.

Ogon Bat was super-insanely popular almost everywhere.... but it was never shown in N. America. (Although I've heard it was translated into English for Australia way back when.) It's an oldie: late 60's and syndicated everywhere throughout the 70's. I'm surprised it was never shown on the French channels around here. We got TONS of other old Japanese stuff that way. (It's pretty much the only reason I remember any French at all....)

....and I remember Stingray, but I think it came out during a glut of car shows, so it kinda got swept up in the flood.

Don C.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by ctc
        Ogon Bat was super-insanely popular almost everywhere.... but it was never shown in N. America.
        Yes...Mexico...it's in North America.

Canada too...but I don't know if it was shown there.

sigpic

Comment

• mitchedwards
          Mego Preservation Society
          • May 2, 2003

The Munsters did a revamp in the early 90s with the surviving cast. I cant remember the name of the show

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I loved that show,its where kevin pollack and jan hooks got their breaks. Hooks was on snl the following year.
            Originally posted by Mikey01
            Back in the early 80's there was a late night half hour sketch comedy show called Comedy Break with Mack and Jamie.

I used to HATE that show
            But it seems today i'm the only person who remembers it.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
              I loved that show,its where kevin pollack and jan hooks got their breaks. Hooks was on snl the following year.
              Wow, somebody else who remembers it

I think the Ramones were guests on one episode (if i'm remembering correctly)

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

Spy Game from the late 90's......Had a bit of an Avengers Feel to it..I have all the episodes on Vhs......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMFWZ...eature=related

Comment

• Megospidey
                  Museum Webslinger
                  • Jul 26, 2006

Does anyone else remember a show called "My Life and Times"?

It was about a man who was older and living in a nursing home and who would think back on different times in his life...when he got married...the stock market crash of 87....other times.

Don't remember the actor who played the man, but I remember Helen Hunt playing his wife.

Comment

• generic
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 25, 2009

Journeyman - Time Travel show kind of like Quantum Leap, but more modern and serious and without an "Al" character.

Do Over - Sitcom about a guy in his 30s who gets an electrical shock and wakes up as himself as a teenager.

Shows I liked that most people I know have never heard of, but that you guys probably all know:

Red Dwarf
                    The Groovie Goolies
                    Monster Squad
                    The Bugaloos
                    Wonderbug
                    Tales From The Darkside
                    Electro Woman and Dyna Girl

Shows I didn't like that most people don't remember:

Turbo Teen
                    Pac-Man
                    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

I kind of remember a very short lived 80's show that had a tractor trailer with a front like a car.

Did I dream that ?

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Highwayman, love it
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                          As for regular tv, "A Man Called Sloane" is one of my favourite 70s shows but few remember it.
                          I dug AMCS too...Very briefly a Friday night show I think..I liked that Torque dude
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

"The Phoenix" is another one I liked that was on very briefly and seems to have vanished from the collective consciousness of most people
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• AAAAA
                              Permanent Member
                              • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by ctc
                              So....

There are three tv shows I've never been able to find info on, and nobody else seems to have ever seen:

-one was really reminiscent of Futurama. It was about two guys who fell asleep with a hotplate running, and it created a gas that froze them for hundreds of years. They awoke in a future where a computer decided everybody's job. Their aid worker wanted to be a tapdancer. It was a comedy, late 70's. SOme folks remember it, but nobody remembered the title.

-"Ooops." A post-apocalypse comedy featuring a house where four or five survivours met; and really cheap effects. I only remember one episdoe, and a preview for the second, where a giant spider attacks. (Actually a tarantula that walks over a cheap model of the house.) Late 70's.

-"1313 Mockingbird Lane" which I don't think was a Munsters revamp, but was kinda similar. Spooky house, monster neighbors. Late 70's/early 80's.

Don C.
                              Thats with James blueshi and Mr. mom ,Batman, night shifts guy.
                              They go the great leader(looks like a jiffy pop Bag) to get asigned a job .

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

Jon Sable Freelance was turned into a brief show called SABLE in the mid-80s.

THE IMMORTAL from the 70s with Chris George as a guy with Fountain of Youth style blood, on the run from a millionaire that wanted to drain him.

WHAT'S ALAN WATCHING? was a sketch type show, there might have been only one episode shown in the mid 80s with Corey Nemic & Eddie Murphy. the kid would turn the TV channel and they would show various skits. I think onbe was Murphy doing James Brown.

MR. TERRIFIC was a super-hero show comedy from the 60s, it aired the same time as CAPTAIN NICE.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎