• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

TV shows nobody else remembers

So....

There are three tv shows I've never been able to find info on, and nobody else seems to have ever seen:

-one was really reminiscent of Futurama. It was about two guys who fell asleep with a hotplate running, and it created a gas that froze them for hundreds of years. They awoke in a future where a computer decided everybody's job. Their aid worker wanted to be a tapdancer. It was a comedy, late 70's. SOme folks remember it, but nobody remembered the title.

-"Ooops." A post-apocalypse comedy featuring a house where four or five survivours met; and really cheap effects. I only remember one episdoe, and a preview for the second, where a giant spider attacks. (Actually a tarantula that walks over a cheap model of the house.) Late 70's.

-"1313 Mockingbird Lane" which I don't think was a Munsters revamp, but was kinda similar. Spooky house, monster neighbors. Late 70's/early 80's.

Don C.
  • david_b
    Never had enough toys..
    • May 9, 2008

I remember the 'Ooops' show, on Fox Network when it was just starting out in '92. The girls were hot.., it was a post-apocalyptic 'Gilligan's Island'.

david_b
    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

>it was a post-apocalyptic 'Gilligan's Island'

Yeah! That's the best way to explain it! I don't remember much of it.... mostly the preview.

Don C.

Comment

• ramsey37
        • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by ctc
        So....

-"Ooops." A post-apocalypse comedy featuring a house where four or five survivours met; and really cheap effects. I only remember one episdoe, and a preview for the second, where a giant spider attacks. (Actually a tarantula that walks over a cheap model of the house.) Late 70's.

Don C.
        The correct title is actually "Woops!":
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woops!
        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103583/
        It aired from September to December 1992.
        George
        Last edited by ramsey37; Aug 31, '10, 2:42 AM.

Comment

• ramsey37
          • Jun 18, 2001

I can't find anything on "1313 Mockingbird Lane" that doesn't reference "The Munsters". I know there were two pilots for a show called "Mr. and Mrs. Dracula" that aired in 1980:
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0221763/
          Beyond that, I got nothin'
          George

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

was just about to say, that was called woops.

I used to watch what they called "garbage dump theatre" in the summer, all the failed pilots. I remember "the paul williams show" pilot and one that centered around a man who built androids, clearly inspired by Star Wars.

As for regular tv, "A Man Called Sloane" is one of my favourite 70s shows but few remember it.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>The correct title is actually "Woops!"

Holey Smokes! There it is! I don't remember more than one episdoe, and I remember it from a lot earlier.... but that's it!

Don C.

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

>I know there were two pilots for a show called "Mr. and Mrs. Dracula" that aired in 1980

Those COULD be it.... The only things I remember from it are a shot from the opening/buffer of the address plate with a branch blowing over it; and that I thought it was really funny.

Don C.

Comment

• spamn
                  Minty and All-Original!
                  • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by ctc
                  So....

There are three tv shows I've never been able to find info on, and nobody else seems to have ever seen:

-one was really reminiscent of Futurama. It was about two guys who fell asleep with a hotplate running, and it created a gas that froze them for hundreds of years. They awoke in a future where a computer decided everybody's job. Their aid worker wanted to be a tapdancer. It was a comedy, late 70's. SOme folks remember it, but nobody remembered the title.
                  I remember it, but not the title. Pretty sure it was a failed pilot aired as a movie or event. There was only ever the one episode.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

There were a few shows from early Fox that I'd like to see again. I liked 'Pig Sty' and nobody has ever heard of that either.

Comment

• spamn
                      Minty and All-Original!
                      • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                      was just about to say, that was called woops.

I used to watch what they called "garbage dump theatre" in the summer, all the failed pilots. I remember "the paul williams show" pilot and one that centered around a man who built androids, clearly inspired by Star Wars.

As for regular tv, "A Man Called Sloane" is one of my favourite 70s shows but few remember it.
                      I loved "A Man Called Sloane". Watched it religiously when it was on, don't remember a thing about it except Robert Conrad and his sidekick Torque with the robot arm and different finger attachments.

I think we had a thread here a few years back where it was revealed that there were actually Megos in a few episodes because the secret headquarters was disguised as/underneath a toy store.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 18, 2006

I remember a show called "Stingray" about a guy in a black corvette who helped people in return for a favor. It was a good show that no one else seems to remember.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Azrak
                          There were a few shows from early Fox that I'd like to see again. I liked 'Pig Sty' and nobody has ever heard of that either.
                          UPN show from 95, it mirrored my life at the time very well.

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by spamn
                            I loved "A Man Called Sloane". Watched it religiously when it was on, don't remember a thing about it except Robert Conrad and his sidekick Torque with the robot arm and different finger attachments.
                            Its funny to watch it now and see Torque go under cover, nobody seems to notice the plumber is a giant with a robot hand.

I think we had a thread here a few years back where it was revealed that there were actually Megos in a few episodes because the secret headquarters was disguised as/underneath a toy store.
                            I've never been able to make anything out but i want to.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

This is an easy one for me.

Ogon Bat (Fantasmagórico in Latin America).

ƌgon Bat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was one of my favorite Japanese toons...wildly popular in Mexico...but I have never even remotely seen the show here in the States.

Perhaps the story about a superhero with a skull head befriending kids was a bit too creepy for American audiences back in the day...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎