X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darklord1967
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2008

Great Topic!

As a STAR WARS Action figure army-builder myself, I've actually got a 4-way TIE as my response to this question:

In no particular order here are my picks:

IMPERIAL BIKER SCOUT: (2006) When this figure was first released, I literally could not put it down or stop staring at it. The level of detail and articulation quite simply blew me away. Now there are 104 bikers in my collection.

AT-AT Driver (2006) My love-affair with the awesome design of this Imperial uniform began with the vintage Kenner Driver from 1981. And while that figure was fine for its day, this highly articulated driver of the modern Hasbro line exists in a completely different league. Although logic dictates that I'd only really need 12 of these Drivers to pilot the 6 new big Hasbro AT-ATs in my collection, I couldn't resist owning more. At last count there were a total of 30 men in my ranks. The doesn't count the pack-in Drivers that come with the new AT-AT (which I don't really acknowledge).

IMPERIAL STORMTROOPER: HOTH BATTLE GEAR (2007) Sigh... Back in 1979 (a full year before THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK came out) , I got my first look at a cold weather Imperial Stormtrooper in the pages of Starlog Magazine. I was floored. He was manning a big tripod cannon and looked tough as nails!

Somehow the Kenner action figure released a year later didn't seem nearly as menacing to me as the troops onscreen. And over the years, Hasbro released the imperial "Snowtrooper" as various lack-luster action figures, none of which I cared for.

Finally in 2007, Hasbro hit the mark BIG-TIME with this amazingly-detailed, highly articulated guy!! And I haven't looked back since. 128 troopers in my ranks so far... and counting. Now this is a figure that reflects the TOUGHNESS of the guys seen on screen, darn it!!

IMPERIAL STORMTROOPERS:(2007) The standard "Shock" troopers of the Empire. I don't think army-building is really complete without these guys. And no Stormtrooper figures released over all of these years did it for me like the beautiful, Super-Articulate troops released in 2007 in Hasbro's "Capture of Tantive IV" Battle Pack. To my eyes, this is the QUINTESSENTIAL Imperial Stormtrooper action Figure, capturing the imposing, marauding, viciousness of these soldiers as seen in A NEW HOPE. At last count 523 of these troops made up the ranks of my collection.

Last edited by darklord1967; Aug 27, '10, 6:58 AM.
    I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• Lonestarhobbies
      Museum Patron
      • Jul 8, 2010

Great pics Generic..... I've had 3 or so HUGE Vintage Star Wars collections in my past...... I sometimes miss the stuff. Honestly, when you've had as much vintage Star Wars stuff as I have.....it just doesn't really have the same punch as it first did finding that piece the first time

Darkloard, you are obviously a man obsessed with army building! That's a more than impressive display...and I'm sure the Emporer would be proud

I love the articulation and design of those newer troop builders....but at the what $7 price tag I can't even begin to bring myself to pay that price---let alone have 500+ of one figure

Comment

• darklord1967
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by Lonestarhobbies
        Darkloard, you are obviously a man obsessed with army building! That's a more than impressive display...and I'm sure the Emporer would be proud

I love the articulation and design of those newer troop builders....but at the what $7 price tag I can't even begin to bring myself to pay that price---let alone have 500+ of one figure

Brother... you said a mouth full ! And you've really got me pegged!
        I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• generic
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by darklord1967
          ...At last count 523 of these troops made up the ranks of my collection.
          WOW! That's a lot of troops!
          Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• SexySkottie
            • Oct 29, 2007

Hmmm, i forgot about Cobra Eels...that would be a great army builder.

I love BSG, but the mattle cylon may be the worst army builder, 2nd worst would be the super powers para demon.
            sigpic Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic!

Comment

• Lonestarhobbies
              Museum Patron
              • Jul 8, 2010

Originally posted by SexySkottie
              I love BSG, but the mattel cylon may be the worst army builder
              Man, I have yet to ever find one of those with good chrome.....

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎