X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christmas_Boy
    • Jul 30, 2010

Exclusive Premiere Christmas Figures & Company Questions

Hi,

I have a question. Whatever happened to the company Exclusive Premiere who did some film and TV characters in the late 90’s? Also, does anyone have any press photos of their Christmas lines or their company logo? I’m trying to put together a website chronicling Christmas action figures based on film and want to include their It’s A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and White Christmas lines.

Thanks!
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

They put out a lot of figures over a few years and then disappeared. I remember getting the first few lines (Happy Days, Blues Brothers, etc) when they came out and then seeing a bunch languish on the shelves for the next couple of years. I've got It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street figures. I could take some pictures if you like. I'm getting ready to steal the Santa outfit from the latter for a custom I'm making. I'm thinking of selling the rest of my collection soon if you're interested.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• kennermike
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by boss
      They put out a lot of figures over a few years and then disappeared. I remember getting the first few lines (Happy Days, Blues Brothers, etc) when they came out and then seeing a bunch languish on the shelves for the next couple of years. I've got It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street figures. I could take some pictures if you like. I'm getting ready to steal the Santa outfit from the latter for a custom I'm making. I'm thinking of selling the rest of my collection soon if you're interested.
      didnt they do also a set of Three Stooges I saw them at Target in the late 1990's?

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

Originally posted by mattelmike
        didnt they do also a set of Three Stooges I saw them at Target in the late 1990's?
        they had a ton of licenses. James Bond, Beverly Hill Billies, I think I even have a Rowdy Yates from Rawhide figure. They were pre-famous covers and the closest thing to megos for a while.

Comment

• Christmas_Boy
          • Jul 30, 2010

So they put out too many lines that nobody bought?

I already have them but I wanted to get some pictures of some mint in box ones to to show off the packaging. I opened mine years ago and have taken some nice display photos of them.

The Santa suits on the White Christmas figures is the same one as is the figure body.

I would like to get one of their Bewitched figures for a fair price to display with my Universal Monsters. I only found out they made her a few days ago. On Ebay everyone is offering huge rates but I see no one buying so I seriously doubt 60 and 70 dollars is the going rate. Some of these figures are listed at over 150.00 but, again, no buyers. Ebay only becomes an accurate price gauge when something sells at the listed rate. Otherwise it's just high asking prices. As a rule these figures sell at the 10-20 range and that seems fair as well. I've never seen one go for more that 20.00. Even the two packs never get up to 20.00.

Comment

• boss
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 18, 2003

the ones I have are all mint in box (for now). guess I wasn't clear on that.

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

they also did Casablanca and Laurel and Hardy figures I believe.
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Christmas_Boy
                • Jul 30, 2010

Could you take a few photo's of them in the boxes with a neutral background and post them here? I'll give you a photo credit. I just wanted to do this for people who might want to knomore about the figures. I've been doing my photos at 700 DPI in width. I believe these had some nice art on the back as well.

Comment

• Sandman9580
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 16, 2010

It's kind of surprising the Megolike site has nothing about them.

Comment

• hobub
                    Ghost of a Dead Indian
                    • Jun 18, 2001

I've got the LR and Tonto that they put out. They are much more similar, if not exact to the Playmates 9" Star Trek figs.

Comment

• LadyZod
                      Superman's Gal Pal
                      • Jan 27, 2007

I picked up the Duke boys and the smaller Dr No figures.

The dukes were crappalicious.

The Dr No's were good except who really wants James Bond in capri pants?

I also got the Get Smart ones. Those were nice. It seems they did better on the smaller ones, though they did not sell. I picked them all up on clearance at TRU.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                      Check out my art:
                      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• boss
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 18, 2003

Originally posted by megowgsh
                        they also did Casablanca and Laurel and Hardy figures I believe.
                        I think they even did two different costumed sets of Laurel and Hardy figures. I've got one set but I seem to remember having to choose between the two.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 28, 2008

Can you post your website when you have it ready for viewing?
                          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Captain
                            Fighting the good fight!
                            • Jun 17, 2001

They stretched themselves pretty thin picking up too many licenses too soon, and then a "licensing issue" with the Gleason estate (trying to remember the exact details ?!?) caused a bunch of legal troubles and they were forced to shut down, liquidate and were out of business virtually overnight. The molds became the property of the factory, and Fast Pace marketing was (and still is) trying to shill them out to anybody looking for an existing 8" factory body. I got burned myself on that....This was before Paul took the plunge, and retooled the type II body.
                            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I've got Gilligan and the Skipper buried somewhere. Laurel & Hardy had them in regular clothes and/or dressed as painters in overalls.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎