Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R Us Update.....Any Wave 2 sightings yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spamn
    Minty and All-Original!
    • Mar 28, 2002

I ordered mine months ago on Amazon (along with wave 3) and haven't gotten them yet. Though I'm not expecting Wave 3 to be shipping yet....

Comment

• jprah
      • Oct 29, 2003

Early this week - In Niles IL
      3 Batman and 1 Aquaman -
      Picked up one of each - they are great - Aquaman looks a little young - almost like a blond Auqalad

Comment

• mitchedwards
        Mego Preservation Society
        • May 2, 2003

I cleaned out the Nashville Toys R Us. They had the retro action figures pretty well hidden. I got 3 Batman 1 Superman 2 Aquaman 1 Black Mantis and 1 Two Face.

What a feeling holding new Megos at the check out line waiting to buy them

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

they are here in the Chicago-area!!!!
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• renegade
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 16, 2010

I cleaned out the Nashville Toys R Us. They had the retro action figures pretty well hidden. I got 3 Batman 1 Superman 2 Aquaman 1 Black Mantis and 1 Two Face.
            Which Nashville store? Cool springs or Rivergate?

Comment

• mitchedwards
              Mego Preservation Society
              • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by renegade
              Which Nashville store? Cool springs or Rivergate?
              Rivergate? You a fellow Nashvillian?

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by mitchedwards

What a feeling holding new Megos at the check out line waiting to buy them
                that would be one case.

Comment

• almitysufx
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 27, 2004

They've made it to Toledo T-R-U. I was just in the one here at Monroe St. Must have came this past Tuesday. Still had 1 Supes, 2 Bats, & 1 BM. Two Face, & Aquaman were gone.

Comment

• bondtoddbond
                    Mego Museum Super Spy
                    • Aug 14, 2009

Local comic shop got them today, didn't see Two-Face though. Still nothing at TRU in York, PA.
                    sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

• BATMAN89
                      Mego obsessed!!!
                      • Jul 20, 2010

None

Still no wave 2 in Orland Park, IL.
                      There was a Superman that wasn't there last time.
                      I don't know if they are waiting until wave 1 is gone, but they have had only Lex and Sinestro figures for a while now.
                      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• livnxxxl
                        Megoholic RocketScientist
                        • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                        I don't know if they are waiting until wave 1 is gone, but they have had only Lex and Sinestro figures for a while now.

Still no wave 2 here in St. Louis, MO. Just a bunch of Lex and Sinestro figures warming the pegs here. They have not even marked them down to $14.99 each here either.

I am beginning to think that this particular TRU sucks. I am not totally sure, but I want to think that these were the same Lex and Sinestro figures that was here the last time I checked a while back.

Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• renegade
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 16, 2010

Rivergate? You a fellow Nashvillian?
                          runaround when I went to Cool Springs after reading your post. Won a Black Manta on Ebay yesterday for about what it would cost at TRU. I'm just wanting the ones that Mego didn't make I have the originals carded, but I am interested in a yellow Superman card. That one will probably have a better value like the red riddler card...I hope.

Comment

• Jerry68
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 12, 2008

I bought the last Aquaman in Sterling Heights, Mi tonight. They had two Batmen, 1 Superman, 1 Sinestro and 1 Luthor. Aquaman's eyes are uneven, Batman's left eye is huge and the right is small. The othe Batman had black crap on the costume. Aquaman's thread is loos on the inseam of his right leg. It's a shame the terrible quality of most of these figures. Paul has been working so hard to get these made and this happens. Mattel really needs to step up and fix these issues. If it does not get fixed I can't see the longevity of this line. I look across the isle and see other figures mattel puts out and the paint apps are great, and they do not have the choke and puke syndrom either. One can only support a line for so long with these types of problems.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Audiorij
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Nov 6, 2009

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                              Still no wave 2 here in St. Louis, MO. Just a bunch of Lex and Sinestro figures warming the pegs here. They have not even marked them down to $14.99 each here either.

I am beginning to think that this particular TRU sucks. I am not totally sure, but I want to think that these were the same Lex and Sinestro figures that was here the last time I checked a while back.
                              I am in the St Louis area as well, the TRU I have been going to seems to have gotten in wave 1 about 3 or 4 times ..but still no wave 2.
                              My wants

Good Traders

Comment

• zerohour
                                • Apr 16, 2008

Local comic shop (Kingdom Comics) here in Birmingham has Wave 2 ---no Batman though--- guy at the counter told me they were $14.99 each (hopefully he wasn't mistaken).

As far as I know the local TRU still only has Wave 1.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎