Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R Us Update.....Any Wave 2 sightings yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mister Kennedy
    • Jun 23, 2010

Still nothing at TRU. Amazon still has all four series 2 figures with free shipping. Better jump on that.

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

At tru in seattle right now. Found one bats and one two face. Any one?

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
        lets get these figures in Target and Walmart, where kids are likely to get their hands on them.....and me too.
        I would agree. I have stated this before as well. Mattel is missing out on a lot of impulse sales by not letting the other stores carry them. This makes absolutely no sense at all. The others stores carry just about everything else that Mattel makes.

A toy company makes product to sell it. How can they sell it if the buyers cannot get to it? Sure one can easily obtain these on line. However, Not everyone is in touch with the internet these days for whatever reasons.

Grandma and Grandpa will not buy these for little Jimmy if they have to buy a computer to go online and pay a monthly access just to make a single purchase for Christmas or Birthday etc.

Instead they will be more apt to just go to a store and buy little Jimmy something off the toy shelves like a dollar Hot Wheel or two. Those are lost sales as far as the Mattel retros go. Lost sales = stupid marketing practices IMO.

Then Mattel looks at the over all figure sales and see that they are not quite what they were expecting. The line eventually dies when it could have done so much better had they marketed the line different.

You can send people to school, give them books and they still do not learn anything.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• livnxxxl
          Megoholic RocketScientist
          • Oct 23, 2007

I have been calling a couple of local TRU and following up on their truck deliveries. Still nothing new. It has been a while now. One guy told me that TRU is trying to clear out their warehouse before getting anything new.

One would think the closer to Christmas that we are getting that more of these would start showing up instead of less.
          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2007

Found a Toys R Us Express today. I was driving back from my Fantasy Football Draft, when my daughter spotted it. I almost rolled the truck turning around..lol...Inside was one peg with all of wave two, plus one superman. I picked up Bats, Two face, and Manta. When I came home I checked online to locate the expresss stores near me, and they don't list any as being in Colorado.....wow. Was it a mirage? will I wake up in a few hours and find out that I only dreamed I purchased the figures? Its frustrating that I cant find the toys I want at Toys R Us, but now they are making it difficult to even locate the store. Classic marketing strategy.....if people cant find the product, they will want it even more....or they will buy something else. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
              Defender of the Megoverse
              • Dec 30, 2008

Toys R Us Express is a great store for us crazy collectors. For me they have proven to get in the stuff that we are looking for and manage to keep it in stock pretty well.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                Time to feed the cat
                • Dec 30, 2007

What is a Toys R Us Express?Anyone

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

TRU in Birmingham, AL has a single Aquaman and Manta (and a dozen Luthor/Sinestro) as of 6:00 pm today.

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                    TRU in Birmingham, AL has a single Aquaman and Manta (and a dozen Luthor/Sinestro) as of 6:00 pm today.
                    Tells me they at least made it to Bama. But nothing in MGM yet.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

What is a Toys R Us Express?Anyone
                      TRU opens small satellite stores before the holidays, usually in store fronts in malls or retail locations where nothing has been rented there. So they move in and sell until the new year. Similar to the Halloween shops that pop-up before October.

They just opened one up near me so I had the funds to get two. I already had Aquaman from vacation, so I got a Bats and Two-Face and put Black Manta back hoping I can find him again, when the time comes.
                      It's all good!

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                        Time to feed the cat
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                        TRU opens small satellite stores before the holidays, usually in store fronts in malls or retail locations where nothing has been rented there. So they move in and sell until the new year. Similar to the Halloween shops that pop-up before October.

They just opened one up near me so I had the funds to get two. I already had Aquaman from vacation, so I got a Bats and Two-Face and put Black Manta back hoping I can find him again, when the time comes.
                        thanks for the info,hope Black Manta is still there waiting for you

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                          • Feb 17, 2008

Thanks. It will be awhile, but I'm sure these won't become scarce once they are out there. At least in my area I'm still finding lots of Wave 1.
                          It's all good!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                            • Feb 17, 2008

Oh, sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but my kids were in total awe that Batman's cowl came off to reveal Bruce Wayne. My 5 year old had this huge grin. I have already had to re-glue the bat logo, but the head, neck and cowl seem to be going strong after multiple removals and replacement of the cowl. It was cool to see my kids opening a Batman on a magenta card. Two-Face not so welcomed. Right now he's on my desk and I may keep him
                            It's all good!

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                              Defender of the Megoverse
                              • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW

The store by me is not temporary. It has been there for a long time. The sign out in front is not temporary at all.

Comment

• drmego
                                EMCE Toys
                                • Jun 15, 2001

There is a Toys R Us Express in the Broadway Mall in Hicksville Long Island.

I visited there today and all they had left was two Aquamans, a Black
                                Manta, and 2 Lex Luthors.
                                www.drmego.com
                                www.megoman.com
                                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍