X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by ZICA
    I'm not a fan of the bendy arms and legs but the body will have pop in hands and feet. I can also promise that there will be no camel toe.
    Thank you for this!!!!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Articulation, please.

A nice, balanced, shapely build.

And egads! NO bendy!!!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

It took me a bit to realize what the term 'camel toe' meant.

I agree, there are enough dolls out there with those, we don't need any more.

And PLEASE! No BENDY!!!

Pop in hands and feet sound great.
        JediJaida

Comment

• livnxxxl
          Megoholic RocketScientist
          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
          It took me a bit to realize what the term 'camel toe' meant.
          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• actjac01
            Veteran Member
            • May 17, 2009

I also agree about articulation over appearance.

What I like, no, LOVE, about your male body design is how you struck a fantastic balance between the two. IMO, the ZICA male body is PERFECT for a customized Conan, Tarzan or Namor, and what you did with the swivel bicep was GENIUS!

I say, design the female body around that concept and you've got yourself a BLOCKBUSTER!
            "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• trekman101
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2009

I agree with a balance of appearance and articulation.....as long as the elbow and knee joints are refined looking enough
              "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

I think articulation and appearance should strike a good balance. The Zica male body is perfect as is. Using that as a guide, a couple of 'lessons' from the male figure are in order: Scale; these should in no way be any taller than the Mego female figures! The crotch; women figures should not have a "package".

Comment

• Sandman9580
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 16, 2010

Originally posted by Tothiro
                  I think articulation points come down to good engineering and design. I don't mind seeing joints when they're not jacked. I don't have a problem with male Mego T2 knees, elbows, ankles or wrists showing at all because they're well balanced for the overall body and the dimensions are appropriate. It's not about "hiding" the joint in a body sculpt necessarily, just making it "fit."
                  Balance is everything.
                  When discussing male bodies vs female bodies, I would presume equal number of arms and legs = equal number of joints... no?
                  I was going to write the above but Tothiro wrote it for me.

I like the pics of the female bodies that have the rounded, curvy joints. Those are clever. As long as the design "works" and the pieces fit well together (like the ZICA male biceps) I'm all for articulation. Now having said that, I don't expect to display the figures in contortionist poses - so I'd be happy to trade a little less articulation for something that looks better.

Comment

• Chris
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 23, 2009

FYI - The hands from Mattel's Retro figure will fit on the ZICA body. I did this with the Batman figure last night. It was a very easy switch.
                    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Vivisect
                      • Jun 16, 2010

Originally posted by Sandman9580
                      Now having said that, I don't expect to display the figures in contortionist poses - so I'd be happy to trade a little less articulation for something that looks better.
                      I am sure I am not alone in the fact that I think of women in contortionist poses all the time.

Anyhow, I agree with Tothiro also.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎