Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

The Otaku bodies are 12" and it is possible to do those in 8" scale but I'm not too crazy about the design.

Based on what I've read so far it seems like articulation is slightly more important than the appearance but hopefully finding a nice balance between the two won't be too difficult. Thanks for your input everybody!

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

IMO...your estimate of the Female Body being mostly Clothed 95% of the time, is a bit off...at least as far as Custom Figures are concerned.
      Female SuperHeroes Costumes tend to show a bit of Skin. So to me...appearance is VERY important! Besides...these are aimed at Collectors...it's not like we're going to play with them(well, most of us that is).
      sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
        IMO...your estimate of the Female Body being mostly Clothed 95% of the time, is a bit off...at least as far as Custom Figures are concerned.
        Female SuperHeroes Costumes tend to show a bit of Skin. So to me...appearance is VERY important! Besides...these are aimed at Collectors...it's not like we're going to play with them(well, most of us that is).
        When I say clothed 95% of the time I'm talking more about licensed figures that the bodies will be used for. Also, a lot of your 1/6 scale female bodies have articulation for poseability, not playabiltiy, and this is what I'm going for.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          She needs waist articulation! Not good enough!! Zica will be better!
          There is this option as well for torso articulation.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

By way of comparison, here's the DCD 1/6 body.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by samurainoir
              PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• bgiles73
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 14, 2010

I like both the Otaku and the others that are shown here. The waist and upper torso articulation would kinda be ugly on a figure with an exposed mid-riff. Like on a Mirror Universe Uhura. I'm sure Zica won't dissapoint us though. I just hope when all is said and done we get some vinyl Star Trek type boots for the ladies, similar to the Cast a Way Toys Action boots.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

Whilst looks are very important, I want my girls to be action figures, not barbies.

Comment

• bobws
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 13, 2008

They need posability and play ability while looking cool even if skin is showing. but please no Nips and camels showing!
                    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Tothiro
                      Kitten Mittens
                      • Aug 28, 2008

^^,^ What the last two posters said.
                      I think articulation points come down to good engineering and design. I don't mind seeing joints when they're not jacked. I don't have a problem with male Mego T2 knees, elbows, ankles or wrists showing at all because they're well balanced for the overall body and the dimensions are appropriate. It's not about "hiding" the joint in a body sculpt necessarily, just making it "fit."
                      Balance is everything.
                      When discussing male bodies vs female bodies, I would presume equal number of arms and legs = equal number of joints... no?
                      Last edited by Tothiro; Aug 6, '10, 5:14 AM.

Comment

• spamn
                        Minty and All-Original!
                        • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by bobws
                        They need posability and play ability while looking cool even if skin is showing. but please no Nips and camels showing!
                        While I doubt this is the plan, that's not a deal breaker for me.

Comment

• Vivisect
                          • Jun 16, 2010

I would think you guys might want to keep in mind what your all willing to have to spend for nude figures to customize. I would imagine putting all the articulation and still keeping proper proportions like Otaku or hot toys 1/6th bodies and such which are not cheap to begin with, would also not be cheap in 1/9th scale.

I can say from experience its not easy and sometimes not possible to squeeze the detail of 1/6th scale items into 1/9th scale, and there are almost always compromises that have to be made, and I am sure the same goes for articulation and appearance when producing figure bodies.

Anyhow Craig did an awesome job on the male figure, and I am sure the female will turn out great, so no mater which way it goes in the end, appearance or articulation, the one thing I would want factored in is making the figure not to fragile due to having to many very small joints on a female figures thinner frame, particularly the arms.

I also strongly agree with this

Originally posted by bobws
                          please no Nips and camels showing!
                          sigpic

Comment

• AAAAA
                            Permanent Member
                            • Oct 28, 2005

any consideration of bendie arms and legs, with pop in hands and feet
                            Last edited by AAAAA; Aug 6, '10, 6:10 PM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

Without The Camel Toe, No One will be able Customize an Accurate Linda Carter WonderWoman figure.
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by AAAAA
                                any consideration of bendie arms and legs, with pop in hands and feet
                                I'm not a fan of the bendy arms and legs but the body will have pop in hands and feet. I can also promise that there will be no camel toe.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎