X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Appearance or Articulation

I'm getting ready to start development on the ZICA female body and wanted to get some opinions on what people consider to be most important, appearance or articulation? For example, on some of the reference pieces I have the elbow and knee joints look more natural but have a fairly limited range of motion. On others, the same joints don't look as natural but offer a much better range of motion.

I guess the main thing to consider is what type of clothing will be used the most with the female body. As long as these joints are covered by clothing, which would probably be at least 95% of the time, I think it would be better to have more articulation. Anyway, I'm anxious to hear what everybody thinks and feel free to list any other design ideas that you think might be beneficial to the body.

Craig
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Well ...,
    You Want it to have as Much Articulation as your Male Body for Sure. How Many Points is that ? 28 or so ?
    There is actually a Ton of Half Nek'ed Females out there in Comicbook Land too ...., I'd take that Into Consideration.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• spamn
      Minty and All-Original!
      • Mar 28, 2002

That's a tough one; I want both.

I'd look hard at the Four Horsemen female sculpts for inspiration. Hide as much of the joints as you can in the design, but if you start limiting motion, you're moving in the wrong direction.

Comment

• Jerry68
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 12, 2008

I would prefer a balance. If the articulation is as good as the male bodies I would be happy.
        sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I guess it depends on if you play with them or not. Lots of the female bodies will have "skin" showing after customization.

Comment

• LadyZod
            Superman's Gal Pal
            • Jan 27, 2007

As long as it doesn't look like a giant melon head on a stick figure with boobs, I'm cool with as much articulation as you can cram.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
            Check out my art:
            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

After seeing how great the Otaku bodies look without compromising articulation, is it possible to do this in 8" scale as well?

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

That body looks pretty good
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Nice camel-toe on those dolls. No Zica camel-toe, please.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                    Megoholic RocketScientist
                    • Oct 23, 2007

Those bodies do look good above. What scale are those 9" 12"? That would be awesome to see something like that in an 8" version. That would be the winner in my book hands down.
                    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

She needs waist articulation! Not good enough!! Zica will be better!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Nice nips on that Phantom Girl
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

Personally, I say go with articulation over appearance. there are always ways to get around hiding joints, but its darn hard to add points of movement after the fact.
                          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

What about Dollfies and Dollikins? They have good articulation, and they look pretty cute too.

I agree; no melon heads on stick figures with teeny arms, puny hands and big boobs.

We need a nice balance in a figure; nice appearance with good articulation.

Main areas to worry about: waist, wrists, elbows, knees and ankles.

The hands need to be realistic looking without being humongous.

The boobs need to be realistic without setting off the censors. Not too big, too small or too droopy. Maybe something along the line of Venus and Serena Williams figures.

I can't really think of anything else, but I'm sure that everyone else will be sure to chip in.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• jquest
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 19, 2007

I Prefer Better Articulation over appearance, But would be nice to not have rivets or funky joints showing.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎