Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joker's Ha-Hacienda Playset (Lotsa pics)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

I'm Speechless!
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Anthony,

Just noticed some awesome details in the Joker's "toybox". The laughing fish, Red Hood, Joker's Utility Belt and crow bar (!) are nice touches!!!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

amazing

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
          Supporter of Silliness
          • Jun 20, 2007

Wow!

Great stuff. There is absolutely limitless possibilities for these playsets. I really hope Scott can get them to the rest of us at some point.

Comment

• mikeoz
            Mego Maker
            • Mar 9, 2007

That is outstanding! Your artwork plus the three stacked Dida Displays really give the impression of an old building.
            Looking for:
            Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 28, 2006

Man, totally blown away again by your play set magic. We have some really talented people in this forum and i bet Mego would still be around today if some of you guys would have been available to them back in the 70's.

Comment

• YANOULI
                Part-Time Timelord
                • Jan 9, 2006

" But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

How cool, a playset as Custom Spotlight and totally deserved too. Congrats, Anthony
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Here's the "Director's Cut" on some of the "Easter eggs"...

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                    Are you eventually gonna add some more traps? A Tickle Table? The Laughing Hyena pit?
                    Originally the plan was for the top floor to have a sliding trap door that would give way to the Death Trap on the 2nd level. But this was when I was going to build it from scratch.

The Dida Display allows me more flexability in the design stages to swap out panels/elements that I don't think are working just right, instead of constructing and tearing apart each time. For instance, I had it pretty much completed on the outside when I decided to add the boarded/broken windows in the 11th hour. And I think that turned out to be a tremendous improvement.

I also had plans originally for a "Thataway Wall" (revolving door)...that later became the concept behind a transporter mechanism but I decided that the 3 stories plus a transporter tube on the side was a little too much. Instead I opted for the secret door in the basement.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Anthony, that is fantastic. The use of classic art really puts it over. Love the Garcia Lopez Joker on the front. I loved that comic as a kid.
                    I tried to cover the Joker's comic book history without touching on movie or cartoon elements. The front splash as Chris mentioned is by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez (one of the best of the later-Bronze Age Joker artists) from Batman #321.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Just noticed some awesome details in the Joker's "toybox". The laughing fish, Red Hood, Joker's Utility Belt and crow bar (!) are nice touches!!!
                    I figured that since Batman has everything labeled and displayed in his Batcave, the Joker would be different in how he handled his "trophies"...all thrown together in a giant toybox of death. There's also a joy buzzer, whoopee cushion, "bang" gun and a Joker-head jack-in-the-box in there.

That jack-in-the-box comes from "Joker" #5 ('70s series) as does the Laughing Man puzzle painting on the wall.

Originally posted by ScottA
                    Great playset Anthony. I love the dart board and bop bag.
                    The dartboard features Infantino Robin artwork that was the inspiration for the Mego Robin box retrace. The Batman Bop Bag also utilizes artwork from the same period (again Infantino?).

Originally posted by davidb
                    Great stuff. Like other people have said, I really like all of the different "signs" you've got put up on the walls (the Ha Ha Has on the bottom floor really remind me of the Jokermobile).
                    Good! Cause it was a nod and a wink to the Mego Jokermobile. Original plans were for the basement level to also serve as a garage for the Jokermobile. But since I've yet to acquire one I figured I'd scrap that idea for now.

Originally posted by davidb
                    Really nice, and I especially liked the original Mego box art on the back wall of the top floor.
                    Yup another nod to the Mego stuff but it's also a reference to the Joker poster from the 70s (with the bullseye and the ha-has).
                    Last edited by The Toyroom; Oct 2, '07, 6:18 PM.
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Double post
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• DocDrako
                        Formerly Doc Drako
                        • Nov 11, 2004

That's really awesome! I think my favorite touch is the gas cloud in the cage. What a brilliant idea. I'm jealous! I love the boarded up windows too.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

That's great...and I love the story line too!

Comment

• K
                            Fun Will Now Commence
                            • Jun 20, 2001

Well...that's just perfect!!!! *applause*
                            I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• joshvox
                              Clown Prince of Crime
                              • Mar 21, 2006

completely kick a**!! I don't visit the custom section very often, and I about spit my drink out when I saw this post! Just awesome work Anthony.

Comment

• MeerkatMego
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 7, 2007

WOW! That is incredible, you nailed the Mego look. Great work.
                                Meerkat Mego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎