Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Chances are whomever won that auction you can bet is a die hard collector and will no doubt be sitting on that treasure of a win for a very long time.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Lonestarhobbies
      Museum Patron
      • Jul 8, 2010

Now I feel like a complete idiot..... a couple weeks ago I was at an estate sale....and saw a gallon size ziplock bag full of these figures and accessories for $10. This was a fast paced estate sale which most people call a "Digger's sale". I was having to move fast to cover the rooms and grab what I wanted (mainly Micronauts boxed items) so I left the figures not really knowing what they were.

Ahh well, sometimes you win some....and sometimes you lose

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Lonestarhobbies
        Now I feel like a complete idiot..... a couple weeks ago I was at an estate sale....and saw a gallon size ziplock bag full of these figures and accessories for $10. This was a fast paced estate sale which most people call a "Digger's sale". I was having to move fast to cover the rooms and grab what I wanted (mainly Micronauts boxed items) so I left the figures not really knowing what they were.
        Awe, man. I would have been all over that bag for $10, even if they all needed restinging. Well, next time you see them, grab 'em and bring 'em here.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
          House of a thousand Megos
          • Aug 10, 2009

i had a Steelers and a Browns player since im a huge Steeler fan and I had to have a brown to beat up on. My cousin had a couple Cowboys since he is the Dallas fan of the family. I would love to have one again.
          Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• kryptosmaster
            Removed.
            • Jun 14, 2008

Ok, you've all piqued my curiousity. So what exactly is "crazy money" when you are talking about the MIB ones?
            I posted a pic (scroll back) of the one I have (unfortunately the rubber band didn't survive) and though I have no plans to sell it, I am still curious as to what "crazy money" it could fetch.
            Rich

Comment

• livnxxxl
              • Oct 23, 2007

Ahh well, sometimes you win some....and sometimes you lose
              That is a bummer! Whenever I have any doubt what so ever I always secure the goods no matter what. With a price of $10 it would be very hard to pass by unless you are just strapped for cash.

Just chalk that one up under the learning category. I bet you won't make that same mistake again.

Comment

• Lonestarhobbies
                Museum Patron
                • Jul 8, 2010

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                That is a bummer! Whenever I have any doubt what so ever I always secure the goods no matter what. With a price of $10 it would be very hard to pass by unless you are just strapped for cash.

Just chalk that one up under the learning category. I bet you won't make that same mistake again.
                Yeah, I chalk it up to learning. I was born in '76 ....so I'm pretty knowledgable about anything 80's....but 70's toys is something that I'm still learning. I was honestly strapped for cash at that sale....and I'm still learning how this one estate sale company functions. They have this policy of once an item is placed in thier "Hold" or "Sold" section then you've bought it......whether it's been priced yet or not. *I* was more worried about scoring the Mego boxed Micronauts pieces that I had in my hands and on hold above all else.....since that's been my main focus lately. I was cringing at the thought of not having enough cash to get those.....and a few small other things. Luckily it worked out for me and I did...... but obviously I left behind some stuff.

Oh well...

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  • Oct 23, 2007

I went to attempt to do a restring on one of the two figures that I found the other day.

At first glimpse it looked like it was going to be a piece of cake. Wow! Was I wrong.

The biggest issue that I am having is the legs. The pelvis area for the most part is basically on the same lines as a Mego pelvis.

As you can see here in the picture provided I started with some elastic band. This would work great, but the problem I have is I cannot get it around the pin in the leg.

I have tried using real small tweezers and even a needle. I just cannot seem to make it curve enough to make it around the little pin. Even with the little tweezers I cannot get a hold of anything I tried as the hole in the leg is pretty small area to work within.

Once I can make it past the loop in the legs it should be a cinch restringing it thru the pelvis part. I tried a bread tie, metal wire, small cable tie in an effort to try and make a piece to grab a hold of. I am going to end up using elastic bead cord if I can ever latch onto the legs pieces. So far unless I can think of some other way I may just have to try and pry the leg apart. ??? Any ideas or suggestions?

Comment

• livnxxxl
                    • Oct 23, 2007

Yeah, I chalk it up to learning. I was born in '76 ....so I'm pretty knowledgable about anything 80's....but 70's toys is something that I'm still learning. I was honestly strapped for cash at that sale....and I'm still learning how this one estate sale company functions. They have this policy of once an item is placed in thier "Hold" or "Sold" section then you've bought it......whether it's been priced yet or not. *I* was more worried about scoring the Mego boxed Micronauts pieces that I had in my hands and on hold above all else.....since that's been my main focus lately. I was cringing at the thought of not having enough cash to get those.....and a few small other things. Luckily it worked out for me and I did...... but obviously I left behind some stuff.

Oh well...
                    No big E. That happens some times. At least you got what you was really wanting. That was the main thing.

Yeah, That is bizarre for an auction to work like that??? I would want to know the price up front rather than try to play guessing games.

Comment

• Lonestarhobbies
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jul 8, 2010

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                      No big E. That happens some times. At least you got what you was really wanting. That was the main thing.

Yeah, That is bizarre for an auction to work like that??? I would want to know the price up front rather than try to play guessing games.
                      It's not really an auction......it's an estate sale without the auction format. Some of the larger more known stuff is priced---BUT, alot of the other stuff that you "dig up" isn't priced.....so they shoot a price off the cuff as to whatever they "feel" It's quirky for sure....and the last sale that I was at had me a bit uneasy with thier pricing...but in the end I still won out, and walked away feeling great!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

There's an Eagle 1 on Ebay right now ...

I'd really like to get my Dad a SeaHawk Nice 1 ..., if anyone can Help , and they are not too spendy.
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• livnxxxl
                          • Oct 23, 2007

Ok gang, Another update. I just finished restringing my Jim Hart figure. I figured it out with a little ingenuity of my own.

Getting there.

As you can see in the above picture I ended up using some good old Mego parts to do the trick.

It was a little bit of a challenge, but I got those little hooks to latch on to each leg.

Wallah!!

I'm lovin it!!!

Now I just need to fix Roger Stabauch and they will be back in business again.

Comment

• saildog
                            Permanent Member
                            • Apr 9, 2006

You did it!!!!

That came out great, D!!!

Comment

• livnxxxl
                              • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by saildog
                              You did it!!!!

That came out great, D!!!
                              Thank you. It was not as easy as I had first thought though. Then again this was my very first attempt at restringing one of these type of figures.

I am sure that the process would be much quicker and easier the more of them that I would do. How often does one get a chance to do find these though is the bigger question.

Now I need to either make or find some repro stickers for the jersey number and team logo. I already have a few bits and pieces I can work with if all else fails. I can detach them and scan them in and fix them.

I am just not feeling all that energetic at this point though.

In the mean time I am thinking about taking Roger completely apart and doing some molds. This seems like about the only way that I will have any more of these type of figures "to play with" unless I was to get really lucky again. I am not going to hold my breath on that happening any time soon.

Comment

• toys2cool
                                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                                • Nov 27, 2006

I should have a couple of nice ones for sale soon if anyone is interested?
                                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎