Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't Castaway the only company with a license to sell CA & Phantom figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Isn't Castaway the only company with a license to sell CA & Phantom figures?

I ask because I saw photos of this stuff... See photos two and three (showing the Phantom) and photo eight that looks a WHOLE lot like Captain Action... Just thought I would show these in case they were stepping on Castaway's toes.

Spotlight on Shocker Toys [SDCC 2010]
  • gaga4toyz
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 10, 2004

We just have the liscense for the 8 inch figures. They can made in other formats by other companies.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I prefer YOURS...

Comment

• DocDrako
        Formerly Doc Drako
        • Nov 11, 2004

Those are some nice looking figures, but I agree with you MIB41. I prefer Cast-A-Way's versions.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 18, 2007

Thats a sweet lookin Zorro...can't wait for CastaWay to make one. .....someday.....maybe....aw forget about it....lol

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah... If Castaway got into Zorro figures, I would be first in line. Love that character.

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Shocker has a...less than illustrious...history with their licenses. Some they have...some they dont...and some they had, but lost...and are still showing characters from. I wont go into details, but there was an instance with a comic book publisher, a pulled license for inactivity, and the appearance shortly thereafter of Shockinis featuring characters from that company....Took some SERIOUS explaining to get them to knock that off.

They were showing a Golden Age Daredevil for a bit recently. I believe some of Marvel/Disneys ...associates...explained to them that was a no-no. All they had to do was change the name to something else....but no, they tried to go with the original name. I saw a Blue Beetle pic from SDCC as well, so I imagine DC came a knockin' too?
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• samsallspark
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 17, 2010

Castaway products are freaking COOL!

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Captain
                  Shocker has a...less than illustrious...history with their licenses. Some they have...some they dont...and some they had, but lost...and are still showing characters from. I wont go into details, but there was an instance with a comic book publisher, a pulled license for inactivity, and the appearance shortly thereafter of Shockinis featuring characters from that company....Took some SERIOUS explaining to get them to knock that off.

They were showing a Golden Age Daredevil for a bit recently. I believe some of Marvel/Disneys ...associates...explained to them that was a no-no. All they had to do was change the name to something else....but no, they tried to go with the original name. I saw a Blue Beetle pic from SDCC as well, so I imagine DC came a knockin' too?
                  I know Captain Action is legit....

-Dave

Comment

• Captain
                    Fighting the good fight!
                    • Jun 17, 2001

I'm sure most of them are. I dont think Geoffs a bad guy....just not as.." on the ball "...about this stuff as he needs to be sometimes.
                    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎