X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exoduschj
    9th Degree Mego Cultist
    • Apr 22, 2009

The Shadow license for 8" figures

Hi guys! What would be the chances of you being able to secure the license to produce a line of 8" figures of The Shadow and his various agents and villians? It seems like a logical fit with The Phantom to me, and guarenteed to have a built in fan base. I even hear they're thinking about making a new Shadow movie...if you could get in the door before that is made you could do movie tie-ins!

Just an idea...
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Making a movie makes it more expensive to get the license!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I'd love these!!

Think of it: the Shadow, Cranston variant, Margo Lane. Shiwan Khan, Dr. Moquino, the Wasp, Harry, etc.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 12, 2004

Go Hero has a beautiful 12" figure scheduled to be released this fall.

http://www.goheroshop.com/Shop_item....44&cat=2&sub=0

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by GlobalObserver

Wow, that is cool!

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Raimi has the rights along with all of the other King Syndicate characters. I don't see him getting to it for a few more years.

A CAW remake of Defenders Of The Planet?

Comment

• Robin NY
              Museum Super Collector
              • Nov 13, 2008

does anybody have any of there figures?? I don't own any so I'm wondering about the quality and workmanship since pics can be so decieving

Comment

• The Ghost Who Naps
                • Jun 24, 2010

Oh yeah, that is a definite buy! Their Flash Gordon figure was a work of art.

Comment

• nubee
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 15, 2010

I preordered it a lil' while ago from BBT and yes it is a nice figure. I think GoHero is suppose to make another Shadow figure and maybe that one will be using the ATO 12" basic figure. The advertised one is "(a) co-production with Executive Replicas and they are taking the lead on production." (This is a quote from Steve Forde of Go Hero). They are suppose to make a Doc Savage too. Hooray!

But getting back to CAT. YES! I want an 8" mego type The Shadow figure too. Give us the good Doc Savage too.

Comment

• David Lee
                    The Fix-it-up Chappie
                    • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by nubee
                    But getting back to CAT. YES! I want an 8" mego type The Shadow figure too. Give us the good Doc Savage too.
                    We love both of those... It's taken this long for people to shake off the stench of the Baldwen Shadow movie... looks like it's coming back around

-Dave

Comment

• nubee
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by Robin NY
                      does anybody have any of there figures?? I don't own any so I'm wondering about the quality and workmanship since pics can be so decieving
                      Michael Crawford has a review of the Go Hero Buck Rogers but that figure is using the delux 12" ATOM body. The Shadow is a co-production with Executive Replicas and they are taking the lead on production. I tried doing some research on any Executive Replicas figures and information seems kinda' scarce, so I really do not know the expected quality of The Shadow.

For me, if the basic body is a flop, I guess I can &**(%$ to myself and then buy the ATOM basic body for $32.00 and transfer the head and everything else.

Comment

• nubee
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by David Lee
                        We love both of those... It's taken this long for people to shake off the stench of the Baldwen Shadow movie... looks like it's coming back around

-Dave
                        Does this mean we will be getting The Shadow and Doc Savage from CAT? Does this mean I can feel like a kid during Christmas eve? Can I start some the hopeful rumors?

Comment

• AAAAA
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 28, 2005

that would be great I have a my 1/9 scale 1930s touring coupe that the shadow would look great in.

Comment

• David Lee
                            The Fix-it-up Chappie
                            • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by nubee
                            Does this mean we will be getting The Shadow and Doc Savage from CAT? Does this mean I can feel like a kid during Christmas eve? Can I start some the hopeful rumors?
                            Whooooooa! There is a huge difference between "We like" and "We are", so don't get ahead of the game just yet. We are working on some stuff right now, nothing we can speak freely about, but we are working on stuff.

-Dave

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 12, 2004

My first custom was a Doc Savage that I cobbled together from various MEGO parts back in 1974. I'd love a Doc Savage in any format, 8" or 12".

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎