X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaga4toyz
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 10, 2004

Captian Action... fun with rare stuff

Here's something you don't see everyday. A mint complete Dr. Ling gift set. I've also posted a group shot of some of my other original captain action figures. Everything you see is all original. It'd taken me about 5 years to complete Dr. Ling, I gathered pieces from different lots and accumulated almost 3 complete sets in the quest to make 1 perfect 1. The lab coat is a perfect white, no stains, it almost looked pressed when I got it. Hypo gun with the complete needle still attached, Thought control helmet great shape including light. Dr. Ling mask perfect. Reducer wand, no melt marks, complete with lens and prism. Hypnotic eye, complete with eyelid, no melt marks. I stayed up till 3AM putting him together and thought you guys would like to see.

Cheers!

Jason
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

wow that's a great looking set,congrats on completing him
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

That is fabulous. The only Captain Action item I have is the Playing Mantis version of The Green Hornet. I always thought this was a great line!
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• highquality
        #1 Super Guy
        • Jun 10, 2003

The Eyeball alone really impresses me. It's a seriously tough piece to find. Good stuff. Makes me want to get back into them.

Unfortunately, I was always a little too rough with those flimsy accessories. You don't even want to know the super rare pieces I've broken.
        WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Very nice, congrats. I've always heard of that set referred to the "Lab set" or some such variation. I didn't know that the disguise had a name (Dr. Ling), cool to know. I've tentatively started to dip my feet into Captain Action stuff. Unlike Megos, I have no nostalgic connection to the line, it was a bit before my time, but it's so cool it's hard to resist. I just wish some of the stuff wasn't so fragile (some pieces seem very difficult to find in nice intact condition)

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Sweet stuff! Love that Captain Action line! Wish had some of the originals....only have a few of the PM repro line.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

That's awesome I'm not a Fan of the captain Action figure but I do love the outfits!

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

Most impressive...it must have been a wonderful feeling completing him! Thanks for showing us.

Comment

• lepage
                  The Ape General
                  • Aug 12, 2001

That is a fantastic photo! I have been wanting to get into this line. I think this photo has convinced me!

Dave

Comment

• luey
                    Treasure Hunter
                    • Jun 17, 2001

Great lot!

I got the Spiderman, Robin and Aqualad from Lisa (same lady with the Kresges, Captain stuff)... Those were the minty-est figures and sets I have ever had... The lady that stuff came from had collected for years and stored stuff away... Not sure if it was an estate sale or auction but WOW!

~Luey
                    Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎