Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

When it comes to Costume Fillers, the Fetts have been nothing but cordial to me, and I don't even give a damn about Boba Fett.

but Jeremy Bulloch, and Daniel Logan both are incredible. Logan even recognizes me on sight, since I've seen him at so many cons.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Lonestarhobbies
      Museum Patron
      • Jul 8, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
      Careful...that was Jake the Muss...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB3C6KP6pGY

That's Morrison's best movie by far...Once Were Warriors is fantastic...

All I know is that everytime I see Jango Fett's head go rolling like a bowling ball in EP2 I tend to smile kinda devilishly

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Lucasfilm has had an issue with Dave Prowse for years. It's sad that it seems like it'll never be resolved.

But Dave has always been very polite and gracious to me at conventions and SW events. I've spoken with him quite a few times about SW and his days as a body builder.

Same with Jeremy Bulloch and Anthony Daniels... always very polite and gracious.

In fact, all SW celebrities I've met have been cool.

But a friend of mine did once have a bad experience with Peter Mayhew.
        Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jul 13, '10, 5:54 AM.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
          ... not that it's the "last word" but even Jones
          offered that Prowse was "scary" in his delivery....Prowse had
          something "mineable" if not superlative IMHO.
          I may have missed something musing on this subject... but that seems appropriate for now.
          Jones was not referring to Prowse in that comment. He said it was Kirshner's attempt at the voice. He said Prowse just 'threw the lines out there since he knew he wasn't being used.'

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

BTW, I collect autographs, and I've rarely paid for a photo at a con. I'd really have to want the sig pretty bad. I think the last time I paid was $20 to get a Hulk photo signed by Lou Ferrigno.

I got James Earl Jones' when he gave a speech at the local university. I've also got his signature on a few Darth Vader pictures through the mail FOR FREE, he's a great ttm signer with a quick one or two week turnaround. If anyone's interested, here's the ttm address to use:

James Earl Jones
            c/o Horatio Productions Inc.
            P.O. Box 610
            Pawling, NY 12564
            USA

As always, it's not guaranteed, but I've had success. Just don't ever send anything you'd not be afraid to have lost or damaged by the Post Office. Be sure to write a brief note telling him you like his work, request the autos, and thanking him. And include a SASE with the correct return postage.
            Last edited by johnnystorm; Jul 13, '10, 8:10 AM.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Jeremy Bulloch, and Daniel Logan both are incredible
              Agreed, my son wanted both their autographs so I fetched them at Motor City. I wasn't really interested in meeting either of them but they both caught me by surprise as to how kind they were. Bulloch and his wife were lovely and Logan was this ball of energy, it was refreshing.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey01
                I'll always have him in the same catagory as the guy that was inside the Lost In Space robot's suit.

To me the real robot was Dick Tufeld and the real Vader was James Earl Jones.
                and that guy was an whinny tool too

Comment

• mitchedwards
                  Mego Preservation Society
                  • May 2, 2003

Wow, I met David Prowse by accident in the mid 80's. I was at church and this real big dude sits in front of me. Turns out he was visitant friends and he came to church with him. He was super nice and signed lots of autographs.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

Prowse got his screen credit for all 3 films and that is alot more than any of the stormtrooper extras got (even those with lines). for whatever reasons Lucas demmed his vocal performance wasn't deemed right for the film.
                    (whether that was the original plan or a desicion in post production). he got his fee for the films in what he probably looked at as a throw away role in a dopey sci fi that wouldn't hurt his carreer since he was masked. He has been able to correlate that into appearance fees and autograph sales ever since. Mush has I hate to support Lucas (since he tends to do stuff about the original trilogy i hate) if lucas chooses not to let him play in the pool at celebration that's his choice it's his show

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

So many people have had bad experiences with Prowse it's weird (and kind of funny) seeing most people take Lucas's side in this

I personally never met Prowse, but to see people take Lucas's side, Prowse has gotta be the biggest d--- ever

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by huedell
                        I believe that Prowse would've possibly worked well enough
                        and that the only reason that Lucas decided against Prowse was to search
                        for a deeper-voiced actor.

I may have missed something musing on this subject... but that seems appropriate for now.
                        (you forgot the part about Prowse's West Country accent)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WDUdebqDEs
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Qnan37HiU

Carrie Fisher has gone on record in interviews stating that his nickname on set was "Darth Farmer" due to the unintimidating very thick rural accent.
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
                          Jones was not referring to Prowse in that comment. He said it was Kirshner's attempt at the voice. He said Prowse just 'threw the lines out there since he knew he wasn't being used.'
                          Yeah...I watched it again. My mistake. (And actually, I've spent a lot of
                          time listening to Kirshner's voice, so I get the reference now).

Regardless...I still think Prowse had something mineable, yet, of course
                          I'd benefit from more stuff to listen to.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by samurainoir
                            (you forgot the part about Prowse's West Country accent)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WDUdebqDEs
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Qnan37HiU

Carrie Fisher has gone on record in interviews stating that his nickname on set was "Darth Farmer" due to the unintimidating very thick rural accent.
                            I know that. Fisher's gone on "LUCAS'" record. It'll be hard to convince me
                            that with proper EQ & breathing FX/score added, Prowse couldn't've have
                            performed a passable if not appropriate performance for Darth.

However, Lucas was looking for something more, and it's indeed nice
                            he found Jones.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Sounds like Darth Sandman to me.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

When Prowse visited our store, he told us of a Star Wars video game he had either shot footage for, or was getting ready to. This was around the time of the first "filmed" games like Wing Commander. So I guess someone at Lucas thought he was crucial enough at that point to get him to come in and wear the suit. He also told us he felt he would probably be involved in at least the last prequel movie. Obviously, that didn't come to be.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎