Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riffster
    Atomic batteries to power
    • Jun 29, 2008

Adam is too expensive for autographs at shows, I put him and shatner up there
    Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
    And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Riffster
      Adam is too expensive for autographs at shows, I put him and shatner up there
      I was at the syracuse toy show in the 90s and I think he wanted $45, this was just at the cusp of people charging to sign at all. He was on the loud speaker kind of grovelling a little, I felt bad for him that day.

Every other show I've been at with him has had a really long line.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MicromanZone
        Banned
        • Apr 26, 2011

Mark Hamill said it best:
        “Bob Anderson was the man who actually did Vader’s fighting. It was always supposed to be a secret, but I finally told George I didn’t think it was fair any more. Bob worked so bloody hard that he deserves some recognition. It’s ridiculous to preserve the myth that it’s all done by one man.”
        Right on. David Prowse is an egotistical jerk. The problem with him is he has taken too much credit for the role AND (this is key) has never himself been man enough or generous to give Bob Anderson credit. The logic at the time was that David Prowse was an actor and thus he would benefit more from the public recognition than Bob Anderson who was a fencer and didn’t care too much about the recognition. But then what does David Prowse do with that name recognition & generosity? Pretty much nothing career-wise beyond spending the rest of his life spreading delusions and lies to fanboys to the point Lucasfilm not only bans him, but everyone involved in the production has to speak out against him.

Also, he spreads the rumor that when Darth Vader’s mask was removed at the end of Return of the Jedi it was supposed to be him when 100% nothing supports that claim? What a schmuck.

In contrast, anyone here ever meet Peter Mayhew (aka: Chewbacca) at a convention? Nothing but nice! And anyone here remember when the Star Wars prequels were announced and Peter Mayhew himself would go to fan message boards to ask if anyone has heard if Chewbacca would be in them? He was so kind, nice and out of the blue people thought it was someone pretending to be Peter Mayhew until it was proven it was really him.
        Last edited by MicromanZone; Sep 4, '11, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

I was fortunate enough to have been on the con circuit back in 1994-95 with my publisher so I got to meet a lot of these guys before the shows opened in the breakfast rooms and such. A lot of them didn't bother to socialize with the commoners such as myself and a whole lot of them I didn't even know. The Motor City con was the best for meeting TV/Wrestling/Film celebrities and is by far my favorite con. I never got around to the Prowse table, but I'd heard a bunch of disgruntled people complaining.

THere were several really nice, really cool people I've met, but I generally believe it's best not to meet your idols cause they may not be after you do. My Ferrigno incident was eye-opening.

Scott
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Bob Anderson is a legend to those in the know, and also a really nice guy too.
            And he's still working, at the age of 88. What a star.

Certain measures had to be taken when he was in the Vader suit though, because he's about 7 or 8 inches shorter than Prowse!

I've met Prowse on several occasions, and he's always been very nice and polite, taking the time to answer my questions.

One of the primary reasons for Prowse being ostracized by Lucasfilm was because he had allegedly been leaking plot details to the press.

In contrast, anyone here ever meet Peter Mayhew (aka: Chewbacca) at a convention? Nothing but nice!
            Mayhew was a nice guy when I met him, however a friend of mine had a really bad experience with him being rude at a convention once.

As with any celebrity, it will all depend on what kind of day they're having and what kind of mood they're in. What they need to realize though, is that one fleeting moment of rudeness is going to be remembered by that fan for life.
            Last edited by Bruce Banner; Sep 5, '11, 5:29 AM.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>What they need to realize though, is that one fleeting moment of rudeness is going to be remembered by that fan for life

....who will stew about it for 20 years and finally stage their revenge at a CCG tournament.... which will end badly, but they'll try again with bowling....

Don C.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by ctc
                >What they need to realize though, is that one fleeting moment of rudeness is going to be remembered by that fan for life

....who will stew about it for 20 years and finally stage their revenge at a CCG tournament.... which will end badly, but they'll try again with bowling....

Don C.

Wheeeeaton!
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I met this guy at a convention back in the early 90's when Star Wars was going through it's lean years before the prequels. The organizer of the event actually had to ask people to come over and stand in line for his autograph because he was getting no one. The competing celebs? Mark Goodard (Don West from Lost in Space) and Walter Koenig. He seem like a likable person back then when he needed the money.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎