X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

AHI Frankenstein - need some detailed wardrobe info/help

Heya, Gang - I picked up a nice AHI Frankenstein (thanks Jason), but he's got no clothes! I thought what I saw on-line showed clothing based on Mego's outfit, so I threw a CTVT Frankie outfit on him, but it doesn't look all that close. Brian says the outfits are actually very different.

So, and anyone offer me some detailed input (or even pictures) about AHI Frankenstin's outfit from their own experience? The original AHI duds seem pretty shoddy, so I was thinking I could cobble together some Mego or repro clothes to dress up his neat green nakked body, but make the outfit an an improvement in quality while keeping the same look. He's a middle edition, with hands flat at his sides, a green body, and no hairy chest. His head is soft rubber. There seems to be a lot of variation in outfits

Are his boots or shoes knocked off from Mego? What would be an equivillant Mego boot?

Is his turtle-neck shirt a separate piece from his jacket? (My CTVT/Mego one has the sleeves mixed in with the jacket.) Is there a Mego-equivillant turtle-neck I could substitute?

Does the AHI Frankenstein's jacket have tattered sleeves? What sort of material is it made from? It's got a snap on the front, right? How close is it to Mego's?

How about his black pants - What material is it? Is there an equivillant Mego pant?

Thanks for any info anyone might offer. Anyone got any patterns? (If you've got a spare original outfit piece for him - any condition - please PM me. I could maybe even make a copy from a poor condition piece.)
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests
  • AAAAA
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 28, 2005

My frankies have the big no laces, ashphault short boots with high toe box , he aslo has a seprate black cotton jacket, full cut, and a sleave less turtle neck in green/brown and black pants
    Last edited by AAAAA; Jul 13, '10, 1:18 PM.

Comment

• steelcouch
      Career Member
      • Feb 11, 2006

The franky outfit is made of real thin black material tathered at the end of the coat arms. He wears a green thick stretchy cotton shirt with long sleeves that extend past the black coat arms. The boots are very unique to the figure and I dont think there are others like it. I will try to post a pic of some loose boots that I have.

Last edited by steelcouch; Jul 11, '10, 1:14 PM. Reason: add

Comment

• AcroRay
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 17, 2005

Thanks for the boot pics, Steelcouch! (I'll give those a good home, if they need some green feet to keep 'em company! ) Between your description and AAAAA's of the shirt, there's already some confirmation of the variances in them mentioned at Plaid Stallions. Any number of AHI Frankie figures can have significant variances in their costumes and parts.

Can anyone post pics of the shirt, pants and jacket? I'd understand if they can't actually come off of the figure without ripping.

I was looking at CTCT Herman Munster figures on eBay, and rather thought that might be a nice outfit for my Frankie him to upgrade him a little. Herman's costume seems brown, so I may have to dye it. Some shots show a black version, but I think those are file photos of prototypes.
        Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
        AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
        The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
        Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍