Veteran Member
    • Jul 15, 2010

Another one bites the dust:

sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Joe90
      Most Special Agent
      • Feb 23, 2008

Nice CA collection. A friend had some of the sets back in 1967, and I thought they were cool, and even toyed briefly with getting him and some sets but I was too much into 'Joe. I acquired a couple of vintage figures back in the 1980's but traded them for GI Joe.

When the PM repro's came out I bought them all. Still very much a 'Joe head, but I've gained a respect -- and a desire -- for some of the vintage pieces. I bought a nice Supes outfit and mask from JP here.

I also have the DeSimone Batmobile. I'm plan on pimping it out and outfitting a PM Captain and Kid in a vintage style Batman and Robin.
      90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

once again kudos
        and a great comparison shot of the different paint ops for the Caps face.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
          Career Member
          • Jul 25, 2010

Nice! I have just recently acquired my first Ideal Captain Action. After getting him in hand, he is now one of my favorite figures. He is in minty shape for his age but is missing his sword. I saw a boxed Steve Canyon outfit on eBay the other day and the price was already over $600 so i dropped it in my watch list to see what it went for. It ended at over $2200! I can't wait to add more CA items to my collection.... unfortunately i don't think it'll ever include a boxed Steve Canyon outfit .
          Vintage Toy Rescue
          1614-B N State Hwy 161
          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• The Batman Professor
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 15, 2010

Collecting boxed CA is for those with LOTS OF MONEY and LOTS OF PATIENCE, neither of which I possess.

Loose is more fun anyway.
            sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• david_b
              Never had enough toys..
              • May 9, 2008

The biggest hint I could give, besides paying extra $$ for the minty-est suit you can find, is NEVER.. SELL.. THEM..

Trust me, you are going to regret it.

I still cringe when I think about selling my minty Batman and Spiderman loose sets a few years back.

I know the new Spidey suit'll be out soon, so I'll most likely get that, but I still pine for the vintage Spidey suit, especially with the 'classickplastick' gloves added..

The vintage Spidey suit, IF you can find one with no runs.., is a thing of beauty. Wonderfully sewn, just gorgeous.

david_b
              Last edited by david_b; Mar 7, '11, 1:12 PM.
              Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 15, 2010

This is all I need to have a complete loose set of outfits and costume accessories:

Spiderman websword and spider
                Aqualad spear
                Steve Canyon knife
                Buck Rogers canteen and torch
                Jet Mortar set
                Dr. Evil lab pieces

Just like david_b, I had a complete Spidey set that I sold in the 80's, and I KICK MYSELF DAILY over it.
                Last edited by The Batman Professor; Mar 7, '11, 1:14 PM.
                sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• haran_banjo_
                  • Feb 23, 2009

I own the italian issues of Captain Action, in Italy called Capitano in Azione:

The strange thing is that, in Italy, the first commercialized had a mixed outfit, Captain Action and Captain America. In Italy, in those years, the people don't knew Captain America and Baravelli made the mistake mixing the outfits.
                  You can find the same mistake in the first Baravelli Capitano in Azione advertising.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

About 13 years ago, I began rebuilding my Captain Action collection. As a kid I had only a few items because at 12 inches, he was big and cumbersome to play with and keep the masks together. No wonder I flipped when Megos came out. But anyway, I picked up a CA complete with the Batman outfit. Fell in love with him all over again. Soon after I put down $100 for a boxed and complete figure. Love him to this day. But soon after I started my pursuit of all things CA, Playing Mantis came along and diverted my attention. I collected the entire line and still have them to this day. I was thrilled to get the Phantom costume box and bought extras just so I could have one out to pose. Personally I thought the costume boxes were fantastic and felt they were getting the look of the figure right when the line shut down. So as I cleared away space to make room for some more classic CA attire, along came Castaway.

Honestly, I can't say enough positive things about this company. I think the 8 inch CA concept was/and still is excellent. The detail is insanely good and I've picked up all the different sets they have issued through the years. And their Phantom line has been truly one-of-a-kind. I think these figures will be highly sought after for many years to come because of their quality and attention to detail. So once again, my appetite for CA was satisfied through another outlet. So as I began to look around at the original line again, here comes yet another line up for the Fall of 2011. A Captain America costume box? Spider-man? Thor? Ironman? Holy sheet!

So it goes without saying my search for vintage CA items remains derailed once again. All of the new items that have come down the line over the past 13 years have been really good. And I can't see the justification is spending good money for a vintage Captain America suit when the new one looks like it will blow that one out of the water. What I do hope is this 12 inch line does NOT end interest in the 8 inch line. I have truly enjoyed that journey and hope Castaway continues. But as a fan of Captain Action, I never expected the ride I was getting on when I decided to pick up this line again. It's been a blast! There's never been a better time to be a fan of Captain Action, then now.

Comment

• david_b
                      Never had enough toys..
                      • May 9, 2008

Here's the site I was trying to find a few weeks ago.., if anyone still needed a nice, general site laying out all the parts for each C/A set..:

Captain Action Head Quarters

It just changed locations... Again, not all that dynamic, but a nice layout and inventory of what came with each set. Graphics are OK, it's good to have a nice site with everything shown at once.
                      Last edited by david_b; Mar 30, '11, 8:16 AM.
                      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 15, 2010

Another grail piece acquired:

Now my Streak has a box.
                        sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

nice box. Did you get that from LandL?

There was a rather nappy one on the ebay recently. I was thinking about it, but it was fairly ratted out from exposure to the elements, so I backed off when the price began to elevate.

Kudos on the prime piece there.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 15, 2010

Actually, no. Got it from a dealer on the interwebs.

Opened the shipping box in front of one of my students. He couldn't believe I was so excited over an empty package. Kids.
                            sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎