Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

pretty cool website. I had all of series one and some of series 2. almost all the creatures. I was only missing the playset really. loved them as a kid
    sold everyhing off several years ago.

Comment

• tmthor
      God of Knock-offs
      • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by danadoll
      I have never seen Elkhorn's rumored appearance in the D&D cartoon...Do you know which episode he's supposed to be in, Tmthor?

Zarak also appeared in the cartoon (in a way)...He appeared in the later seasons title sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb977TybeCs

Dana
      I don't remember which episode.

By the way there was a AD & D Comic one shot that came out around 2000 that had the characters from the TV show as adults still trpped in the D&D world as well.

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

Check these out. Remember those comic-adverts for D&D that told a story when we were in high school? They are collected here:

Das Ãœbernerd: The Original D&D Comics

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Cool, I remember those ads. Still have a lot of comics with those inside.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• SexySkottie
            • Oct 29, 2007

I watched an Episode last night that one one of the skeletons of sith in it...not star wars, I mean on of the PVC guys from the AD&D 2 packs
            Last edited by SexySkottie; Aug 12, '10, 7:32 AM. Reason: spelling - DUH
            sigpic Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic!

Comment

• billygalaxy
              • Dec 7, 2010

Originally posted by tmthor
              I know the following apear in the show
              Kelek
              Warduke
              Strongheart
              Elkhorn
              Nightmare
              Tiamat

The young male titan also appears in an episode, but he is human sized and actually Venger in disguise

www.billygalaxy.com billygalaxy_on_facebook
              www.wondernw.com http://stores.ebay.com/Billy-Galaxy-vintage-toys

Comment

• argent007
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 7, 2005

By the way, Amazon.com has the completed cartoon series for $7.50!

I have been very tempted though I think I have a homemade copy of these series somewhere...
                My Updated Want List:
                Comic book original art
                1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
                Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                  Career Member
                  • May 14, 2007

^^ The boxset has altered music. I was disappointed with this fact. It's a good thing I burned all of my VHS first run copies to DVD sometime back. It's great to watch the episodes with the original music. Always a big fan of this show.
                  Bob

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

As far as I can tell...Elkhorn is not in any of the episodes (and I've watched them all again recently).

I made some custom AD&D figures...If anybody is interested in seeing them, I'll post some pics.

Dana
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by ctc
                      Neat!

I could see Dragon #17 providing some inspiration for the figure. I wouldn't be surprised if the designers perused a lot of game art before designing the toys. (Zarak has a Tim Truman AD&D art vibe to him.) XL-1 came out well after the toys, and was an attempt to absorb the characters. The latest attempt to add Warduke was in Dungeon 105.

Don C.
                      Tim Truman may have helped to design Zarak for D&D (this is the artwork for the action figure card...

Signed Timothy Truman and Roscoff (82).

Truman also did the card art for Warduke, Melf/Peralay and Elkhorn.

http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/images/2/2c/Warduke05.jpg

http://www.toyarchive.com/Dungeons&D...khornArt1a.jpg
                      Last edited by danadoll; Feb 26, '11, 8:54 PM.
                      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• mazinz
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by ThatBatmanGuy
                        ^^ The boxset has altered music. I was disappointed with this fact. It's a good thing I burned all of my VHS first run copies to DVD sometime back. It's great to watch the episodes with the original music. Always a big fan of this show.
                        Bob
                        which is why I am glad I bought the region 2 UK dvd boxset a few years before the US release. The music was left untouched
                        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                          WANTED for card bending
                          • Apr 26, 2008

In the actual last script of the cartoon, the kids make it home, once venger had been defeated. they had to give up their weapons, and it was revealed that Dungeonmaster was the father of venger, who was cursed or something. I forget the exact details, but the script rocked.

Comment

• mazinz
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by bizzaro megomauler
                            In the actual last script of the cartoon, the kids make it home, once venger had been defeated. they had to give up their weapons, and it was revealed that Dungeonmaster was the father of venger, who was cursed or something. I forget the exact details, but the script rocked.
                            you know they really could actually make this last episode or even make it a "motion comic" using the voice actors of then. The script was really good. It had Venger revert back to a normal person before he became corrupted by evil. Though the main characters did NOT go back home, it left it as they had the option to go home or stay to take on another adventure (which at that time was a way for another season if the station gave it the ok)

Comment

• Janson
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jan 11, 2010

Originally posted by mazinz
                              you know they really could actually make this last episode or even make it a "motion comic" using the voice actors of then. The script was really good. It had Venger revert back to a normal person before he became corrupted by evil. Though the main characters did NOT go back home, it left it as they had the option to go home or stay to take on another adventure (which at that time was a way for another season if the station gave it the ok)
                              They did do a radio drama on the bonus disc with some of the original cast returning (think Bobby the Barbarian and one other) of this last story on the US release in 2005. I own it but much like other BCI DVD's this bonur feature does not work. I returned the box set when I discovered the radio drama would not play but the new box set gave me no luck either.
                              Janson's Good Guy List:
                              http://megomuseum.com/community/show...&postcount=580

Comment

• mazinz
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Janson
                                They did do a radio drama on the bonus disc with some of the original cast returning (think Bobby the Barbarian and one other) of this last story on the US release in 2005. I own it but much like other BCI DVD's this bonur feature does not work. I returned the box set when I discovered the radio drama would not play but the new box set gave me no luck either.
                                I totally forgot about that!!!. Hmm I can easily steal it off the disc. Actually with that in mind this could really be made by manipulating still shots from the show with the radio audio.

going to fish out my set now--

ripped it to my drive. Since the video portion is just the script as it is being read by the actors, I can create you an mp3 audio for this if you need to hear it--
                                Last edited by mazinz; Apr 19, '11, 4:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎