X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

I just got an email from AMOK TIME total with shipping is right at $100
    Their add stated "IN STOCK NOW FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPING" I ordered a set.
    I pre-ordered from them last time and cancled the order. When I spoke to the guy he said they had lost a lot of sales. I'm sure this time they hedged their bet!! Hopefully I'll have them in hand next week!!

WOW that was fast . . check this out!:

The following items have been shipped to:

The Knock Knock Toy co.
    1201 tremont st.
    mansfield TX 76063 US United States

using UPS Ground

The shipper's tracking number is 1z111e6203540xxxx
    Last edited by megojim; Jul 9, '10, 4:04 PM.
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Jerry68
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 12, 2008

Game City has them on Ebay for $84.95 + 12.00 for shipping. In stock ready to ship.
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Game City is the same guy I got Wave one from. He's good and he's fast.

Comment

• fossilfuse
          Museum Super Collector
          • Oct 27, 2008

Anyone order Wave 2 from Mego Store? With Shipping and his discount, it is almost exactly the $19.99 (or $22 with tax) you would pay in the store.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
            WANTED for card bending
            • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
            Got a newsletter from Amok Time this morning saying they have them in stock now....

"Mattel's Mego Inspired Worlds Greatest Super Heroes Series II is IN STOCK NOW FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT! "
            I live like 20 minutes away from there and frequent the place. will have a looksie tomorrow.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 9, 2008

Sounds like we have release , So EE and BBTS should have there's shortly I bet.
              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                WANTED for card bending
                • Apr 26, 2008

GOT THEM!!!! will post pics soon!!!

Comment

• andyc1066
                  • Jun 29, 2010

Originally posted by bizzaro megomauler
                  GOT THEM!!!! will post pics soon!!!

Where they at TRU or had you ordered them?

Comment

• MegoMark71
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 18, 2008

Does anyone have some links to the sellers mentioned?

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                      WANTED for card bending
                      • Apr 26, 2008

I went to Amok Time and they had a cool display, about 6 sets $85 a set If i remember correctly. Bats is tagged for single sale at $29.99, and Two-Face at $24.99. working on getting photos up.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                        WANTED for card bending
                        • Apr 26, 2008

The next thing is, do I open them? Guess it would be selfish NOT to, since if it were someone else I would want loose pics too!
                        Last edited by bizzaro megomauler; Jul 10, '10, 6:57 PM.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 10, 2007

Let's see them opened up!!
                          Batman looks pretty good.
                          Please make your pics right way up, you get a crooked neck looking at them.
                          Lynn

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Man...those look freakin sweet.

Comment

• Zemo
                              Still Smokin'
                              • Feb 14, 2006

They do look good!

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                                WANTED for card bending
                                • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                                Let's see them opened up!!
                                Batman looks pretty good.
                                Please make your pics right way up, you get a crooked neck looking at them.
                                Lynn
                                Sorry. here are the loose pics with descriptions/observations

Batman! not nearly as bad in person as in previous photos. The neck part of the cowl is what makes it look funky. If you pull the cape over it, the problem is less apparent. The belt had a rubbery texture to it, and looks just as it should. the fastener at the back is identical to the Mego. one bad thing...his body has the pukes. WORSE THAN MY WAVE 1 HEROES EVER HAD IT!!! wait till you see "Elvis loving Aquaman"

removable cowl comes off with just enough effort, and goes on in a snap!it also has a slit that makes that possible without fear of tearing it. The Bruce sculpt is simply awesome. without the cowl :

Two-Face is simply put a masterpiece! he fits in perfectly with the Mego tradition. His shoes are very reminicent of the old mego Penguin
                                shoes and cast in brown and black. BIG BIG kudos to the sculpt! the suit reminds me of the Doc's suits, and have to admit this was the most impressive figure on the pegs. His body stands well, and no puking issues here, until he looks in a mirror. There is no need to even say everyone should consider this one a nearly perfect figure.

Aquaman looks superb, and simplicity seems to work very well here. Not overdone as feared, His leatheresque "A" is firmly stitched to the belt! the hands grip the trident very well with no fear of breakage. the trident is perfect as an acessory, because this figure needed something extra to put is over the top, Mission accomplished. Now the bad: the body is a wreck! no way to fix his Hips of Elvis Origin. They need to adress this issue. After dropping a hundred dollars (and I had to save it up, remember I am Unemployed)on figures yet again, I am pretty disappointed in the manufacturing department. figure design is an A+, but the end result will suffer due to the quality issue. MANY of the figures seemed that way in the bubbles, but remember that's Half the Fun!!*

*see ask matty responses

Black Manta.. I thought that hands down, Two-Face would be my favorite. I am speachless when it comes to Manta GRAND SLAM HOME RUN! (His body wobbles too much to have a standing pictorial)

with the hoses inserted in the head (there is a way to pop them in with a ball joint, and they STAY IN nicely! he is one bad looking fig! LOVE IT!!!

backpack fits nicely too. NO complaints about it. one odd thing though. His belt. It came packed UNFASTENED and GLUED in place on the figure front, as the back clasp end was fastened to the plastic tag hanget seen below it on the suit. easily removed and fixed, the glue is a rubber cement of sorts, and did not affect the costume.

What surprised me most was the Batman chase Variant:

Just kidding there, we can't have it all...But please FIX THE BODIES MATTY! for what I paid for them my unemployed arse could have eaten better for the week! Oh and Doc, your imput on these are apparent and appreciated! Thanks for my new Megos!
                                Last edited by bizzaro megomauler; Jul 10, '10, 8:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎