Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

So many, but I'll second the balloon cars, any erasers and Cap'n's baking soda submarine.

I don't know if they were cereal premiuims or not, but I loved those walker- basically a figure with moveable legs attached to some sort of weight by a string. You'd drop the weight of the edge of a table and the figure would "walk."
    Last edited by Wee67; Jun 30, '10, 9:13 AM.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

Freakies are my most remembered. I had the car, figures, and the magnets (though those may not have been from the cereal box).

I also remembered a submarine from Cap'n Crunch that you would fill with backing soda and it was supposed to blow bubbles and rise to the top. Never worked.

I also cannot remember from where I got this, but I think it was from a cereal box: It was a "soap carver" like how one would whittle wood. Made of plastic and really wasn't that sharp. It disappeared one day. Presumably after my mother discovered why she had to buy more soap each week.
      It's all good!

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>My favourite cereal toys were the plastic pencil holders shaped like the robots from The Black Hole

Shreddies! Always had the best prize.... was almost entirely inedible. I choked back SO MUCh of that stuff as a kid that I'm STILL regular.

Don C.

Comment

• megojim
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 13, 2001

Thi is one of the coolest threads ever. . . . as a kid i based my cereal choice on the prize. I coveted these things! So if it has been mentioed here I probably had it. loved the balloon racers, soda subs, records, etc. though not ceral related I loved the Frito-Bandito and WC Frito Erasers too. The coolest cereal toy in recent years are the Star Wars Light Saber spoons, I have all three of them and use one at my desk at work when I eat oatmeal or yogurt . . . I get some strange looks
          -jim
          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Originally Posted by Bruce Banner

My favourite cereal toys were the plastic pencil holders shaped like the robots from The Black Hole, back in 1979.
            I remember there was Maximillian, V.I.N.Cent, Sentry Robot and Old B.O.B.... maybe there were others too.
            I can't remember exactly which cereal they came in, though....

Originally posted by ctc
            >

Shreddies! Always had the best prize.... was almost entirely inedible. I choked back SO MUCh of that stuff as a kid that I'm STILL regular.

Don C.

Shreddies! Of course! Thanks for jogging my memory! I'm surprised I forgot, considering how many of those pencil holders I had.

Edit: Found some pictures, too!

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jun 30, '10, 10:54 AM.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
              Those are awesome!
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• captact
                King of Super Queens!
                • Aug 19, 2007

My cereal toy favorite was FREDDY THE FLUTE,..from H.R. Puffenstuff!,..boy i sure miss having it,........*sigh*

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by captact
                  My cereal toy favorite was FREDDY THE FLUTE,..from H.R. Puffenstuff!,..boy i sure miss having it,........*sigh*
                  Have any pictures of that? I never heard of that one. Sounds cool.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• saintsyn
                    • Mar 18, 2010

My favorite was the GITD pirate skeleton that came in Cap'n Crunch... would LOVE to find pics of it...

EDIT:

Found it!! (though I had them in the 80's)

Old Glow-In-The-Dark Pirate Skeleton Figure Cereal Premium / Prize - TPNC
                    Last edited by saintsyn; Jun 30, '10, 2:50 PM.

Comment

• AAAAA
                      Permanent Member
                      • Oct 28, 2005

i remember the honey combs license plates

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

Oh man, I loved those license plates as a kid! Wouldn't mind acquiring a couple for my collection.
                        Last edited by Remco Monster; Jun 30, '10, 4:45 PM.

Comment

• RG
                          Removed.
                          • Oct 1, 2004

oh the license plates ... I had so many of them. Oh and the one that came from the limited ed. smuf cereal ... that said Honk if you're smufy .... kind of messed up since smufy or smuf could mean anything LOL

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by saintsyn
                            My favorite was the GITD pirate skeleton that came in Cap'n Crunch... would LOVE to find pics of it...

EDIT:

Found it!! (though I had them in the 80's)

Old Glow-In-The-Dark Pirate Skeleton Figure Cereal Premium / Prize - TPNC
                            Wow! Another one I don't remember seeing. It's a skeleton and it glows in the dark! It really doesn't get much better.

Comment

• AAAAA
                              Permanent Member
                              • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                              Oh man, I loved those license plates as a kid! Wouldn't mind acquiring a couple for my collection.
                              the rarest is 70's 00000 for Battlecreek Michigan
                              every summer HC would offer the Plates
                              Last edited by AAAAA; Jun 30, '10, 5:15 PM.

Comment

• AAAAA
                                Permanent Member
                                • Oct 28, 2005

here you go
                                cereal premium items - Get great deals on Automobilia items on eBay.com!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎