• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by ScottA
    So any updates?
    To be fair... last date mentioned was 2nd week of Sept.

I'll be checking back in Sept. 15th!!!!!!
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by huedell
      To be fair... last date mentioned was 2nd week of Sept.
      We are in the second week of Sept. So I asked.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

We are in the second week of Sept. So I asked.
        Yes you did
        ....I was waiting til that week was over... maybe I
        shoulda clarified my last post
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

It's the 16th! No update? That's it! Call the cops!

Comment

• Chris DVM
            Veterinarian Member
            • Jun 18, 2001

UPDATE 9/22/10

Hey Guys,
            So here is where we are - both the boxes and jackets are in, and look great, as I would expect from Mego73 and Brian. Having a bit of a problem with the heads, but they should arrive very soon. All the secondary accessories (idols, whips, hats) are done and packaged. Just waiting to get the head, paint the head and ship out.
            Will try to be a bit more current on the updates in the future, but everything is still a go.
            Chris DVM
            "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Chris DVM
              Veterinarian Member
              • Jun 18, 2001

UPDATE 10/2/10

Just got word that the heads are on the way!! Should have them by the middle of the week, so I guess this weekend is going to be a busy one for me!!
              Chris DVM
              "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

Any new updates Chris?

Comment

• z3zep
                  The Girl Next Door
                  • Sep 30, 2006

Any news ??

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

So what's the deal here people. It's almost January now. Who's the hold-up here.
                    Last edited by ScottA; Dec 20, '10, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

So what's the deal here people. It's almost January now. Who's the hold-up here.
                      As seen on the previous page, I was goodnaturedly ribbing ya because
                      I thought it wise to let Chris get past that "full 2nd week" back in Sept.
                      before asking any questions. Reason being, I always see stuff like this taking LOTS longer than what is promised, and looking for action 12 days into a two-week mention...well, I thought it was amusingly premature.

Even with THAT mindset taken into consideration, this unfolding scenario,
                      a few months later, does appear to me to be a travesty and and an insult.

Remember that scdene in RAIDERS where Belloq jokingly says "You're
                      going to give mercenaries a bad name."?

Well, that sentiment comes to mind, regarding time-stretching
                      customizers et al in this scenario presently.

I'm not apalled by the "time" taken w/the figures, mind you...it's
                      just the total lack of updates that really actually turns the knife here.

Comment

• bobws
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 13, 2008

I'm Anxoius too. BUT, it took them months to get ready for Mego Meet, then they needed a break. Now it will take months to get the second order ready. Then they're going to start on next Mego Meets exclusive. i can see how this might tire them out some. Chris will update when he has something to say. We all just need to be calm and patient, even though most wanted ours by this week i can imagine.
                        Last edited by bobws; Dec 21, '10, 2:27 AM. Reason: ooops
                        "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• MegoAddict
                          Official Mego Sniffer
                          • May 16, 2010

yes an update would be great...still waiting...
                          I LIVE for the "attic smell" of Mego's!!!

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by bobws
                            Chris will update when he has something to say. We all just need to be calm and patient...
                            My patience has expired. My thoughts are that Chris (et al)
                            has every reason to post something at this point, even if it's
                            just another guesstimate..

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

According to his profile, Chris has not been on since Nov. 8th.

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                                According to his profile, Chris has not been on since Nov. 8th.
                                I saw that too... and wasn't satisfied.

I say if Chris has been detained... then someone else should be posting
                                in his his stead.

IMHO, all you have to do is look at the scenario
                                to see this stance of mine holds water. With respect
                                to bobws, bobws' post/stance reads like all too much spin
                                on the scenario (i.e. "Chris will update when he has something to say."
                                being the most inappropriate of the multiple points.)
                                ... that's good for some politics, I guess,
                                but why should it be appropriate for what's going on here?

Reading the thread as a whole, it's clear to me that it's time
                                that someone from the IJ project issues a statement regarding
                                the status of the project.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎