Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by toystalker
    take a look at that boba... thats hella bad
    im going to move mountains to get 1
    That is freaking awesome.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• RG
      Removed.
      • Oct 1, 2004

I want that mail in boba fett

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

Just to clarify, these will not damage the value of the good old original vintage figures. If you guys do not remember a few years back, Hasbro already did a vintage line of figures. They did about 24 of them. These was no damaged to the integrity or value of the original figures.

As far as Hasbro making too many Star Wars figure.....yes they did. At least that's how I feel. But this new vintage line is going to be great. As far as the question of characters from Episodes 1-3 being released on vintage styled figures?????? Well here's a little list of what is to come. And oh yah, you will need to open 5 of these figures to mail away for the rocket firing Bobs Fett.

WAVE#1---Empire Strikes Back

VC01: Dengar
        VC02: Cloud Car Pilot
        VC03: Leia (Hoth Gear)
        VC04: Han Solo (Echo Base Outfit)
        VC05: Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
        VC06: AT-AT Commander
        VC07: See-Threepio (C-3PO)
        VC08: Dak Ralter
        VC09: Darth Vader
        VC10: Boba Fett
        VC11: 4-LOM

WAVE#2--Revenge of the Sith

VC12: Darth Sidious
        VC13: Anakin Skywalker
        VC14: Sandtrooper
        VC15: Clone Trooper (327th Corp)
        VC16: Obi-Wan Kenobi
        VC17: General Grievous
        VC18: Magnaguard
        VC19: Commander Cody

WAVE#3--Return of the Jedi

VCXX: Yoda with Hover Chair
        VCXX: Gamorrean Guard
        VCXX: Admiral Ackbar
        VCXX: Jedi Luke Skywalker
        VCXX: Skiff Guard - Wooof
        VCXX: R2-D2 with Pop-up Lightsaber & Drink Tray
        VCXX: Rebel Commando
        VCXX: Wicket W. Warrick
        VCXX: Wedge Antilles

WAVE#4--Attack of the Clones

Kit Fisto
        VCXX: Zam Wessel
        VCXX: Obi-Wan Kenobi
        VCXX: Anakin Skywalker (Peasant Disguise)
        VCXX: Padme Amidala (Peasant Disguise)
        VCXX: Jango Fett
        VCXX: Mace Windu
        VCXX: Senate Guard
        VCXX: Super Battle Broid
        Last edited by MEGOMAN; Jun 30, '10, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Doc
          Banned
          • May 9, 2010

Mail ins are sweet!

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by RussG
            I want that mail in boba fett

Brought up in another thread. It is out but not sure how:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ate_131476.asp

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Must... have... that... Boba... Fett...
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

I've no idea what the heck is going on.
                That Fett looks vintage.
                Is there gonna be a series of vintage re-releases?

(As of yet there's only been 4 actual figure re-releases and that was
                around 1996....then there were modern figures in vintage PACKAGING
                I'd be thrilled if there more vintage FIGURES on the way)
                Last edited by huedell; Jul 1, '10, 3:40 AM.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

*Sigh* Trying so hard to limit my collecting lately, especially modern toys but I think I have to collect this line. And that rocket firing Boba just made my jaw drop.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by alex
                    These look quite nice, but is this good or bad news, as we have slated the new star wars figures, for being collectors tat, that can be purchased fo pennies later down in time?
                    that depends if you buy toys for joy or as an investment. POTF2 in the 90's (like comics of that period) suffered from a frenzy of collectors thinking it was 1977 and if they bought a bunch and sat on them it would pay for a house in 20 years. But unlike the 70's SW toys where there were a small volume of people hoarding the glut of hoarders and MOC collectors meant these lines would never get investment value. They were welcomed at the time by kids and collectors alike. I was overjoyed to see SW in a store shelf in 95 and bought many of them and as hasbro has upgraded figures with better ones I have passed on older ones to younger nephews and now my son who need slightly more durable figures that have less "swallowable" parts.
                    what we have today is the evolution. much better sculptiing, articulation and better scaling between figures and vehicles (and they are close to the scale of vintage SW figs which the 90's ones never were).

will these lines ever be worth hundreds like vintage SW I doubt it (some pieces get priced high due to shorter production run in a certain package style and the OCd of some variant hunters) as they line has been constantly produced and upgraded since the 95 debut. A toy is for play not investing.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
                      I've no idea what the heck is going on.
                      That Fett looks vintage.
                      Is there gonna be a series of vintage re-releases?

(As of yet there's only been 4 actual figure re-releases and that was
                      around 1996....then there were modern figures in vintage PACKAGING
                      I'd be thrilled if there more vintage FIGURES on the way)
                      he is a copy of the sdesign for the original vintage rocket firing fett mail in. He'll lok just right in any vintage slave 1

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by jds1911a1
                        he is a copy of the sdesign for the original vintage rocket firing fett mail in. He'll lok just right in any vintage slave 1
                        I saw the pic and there was no mistaking that Boba was vintage-style...
                        the real question I was trying to ask was:"Are there ANY MORE going
                        to be released in that vintage style?"

In this thread waves were mentioned...including the "non-vintage" movies
                        in a wave.

I am very confused.

This rocket firing Fett will only be the FIFTH vintage style to be re-released
                        in the almost 15 years that the new stuff has been coming out.
                        (The first 4 being in a 4 pack of Luke Han Chewie and Vader)

The Fett is cool and all...but I'll be kinda bummed if that's IT
                        for the re-releases of vintage figures in the upcoming months.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• jds1911a1
                          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                          Don't be so sure about that. You'll notice that the Boba Fett is the vintage sculpt with some modifications for the firing rocket. The VOTC line are all modern sculpts which is why the line will suffer the same fate as all the other Star Wars stuff Hasbro has done since 1995. I've got cases of the the first run VOTC figures and it seems like I can't give them away. I always thought Hasbro should have handled the VOTC line exactly like what they're doing with the Boba Fett, vintage sculpts on reproduction cardbacks.
                          while fans who aren't SW collectors would love them, the hard core collectors would complain as loud as some here have about Dr mego's and Timless GIJOES. The VOTC line was a balance. Modern figure artucualtion and detail with the throwback card. The downside was the sheer expense of 10-12 a figure(expecially since most of the figures were recycled in later years by hasbro) This package style is the preferred style for hardcore fans who want nostalgia but don't want any loss in value for the vintage toys they have

BUT all of the hardcore fans would like to see items like this fett a new item not produced in the vitnage line but in that style a seamless fit. The best we can hope for is continued mail ins for stuff like this since hasbro believes the collector base to too small to support niche lines. They will point to VOTC sluggish sales or the 2008 YARNA (a figure created as a resulted of fanboy fervor which only the most completist fans of backround extras wanted, which clogged up so many stores they had to buy back from so many stores after the 2008 line was done and destroy them just so walmat and target would buy more product
                          Last edited by jds1911a1; Jul 1, '10, 7:23 AM.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                            • Aug 8, 2007

I saw the pic and there was no mistaking that Boba was vintage-style...
                            the real question I was trying to ask was:"Are there ANY MORE going
                            to be released in that vintage style?"

In this thread waves were mentioned...including the "non-vintage" movies
                            in a wave.

I am very confused.

This rocket firing Fett will only be the FIFTH vintage style to be re-released
                            in the almost 15 years that the new stuff has been coming out.
                            (The first 4 being in a 4 pack of Luke Han Chewie and Vader)

The Fett is cool and all...but I'll be kinda bummed if that's IT
                            for the re-releases of vintage figures in the upcoming months.
                            I was so stoked when that 4 pack came out I bought 2. For now Fett is the only figure announced to be in a vintage sculpting style.

as the line progressed you will see modern sculpt prequel figures on the vintage kenner like cards (there has been a secondary custom card market for years of modern/prequel figs put on kenner inspired cards) and more figures like this echo base han and Dak, a figure option not produced in the kenner line but the card is as kenner would have made it even if the figure isn't

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

I was so stoked when that 4 pack came out I bought 2.
                              I have 2 of 'em too. Maybe 3...they are packed away somewhere.
                              I absolutely LOVED them...same with the MOTU re-releases that came out
                              a few years later.

I used to collect the new SW line(s) but had to stop because of space, etc.
                              (I won't go into THAT too much---heh can of worms.)

Even if I didn't love the newer trilogy... I was actually pretty happy having
                              figures based on it. And I loved expanded universe figures too, but am kinda
                              bummed they never made any SPLINTER OF THE MINDS EYE figures.

Thing is though...I had no VINTAGE figures to display and I realized that
                              I wanted them for nostalgia's sake. I had those beautiful re-releases of
                              the "big 4" but I wanted all of the vintage NEW HOPE figures and a few
                              ESB and ROTJ.

...so hunkered down and bought quite a bit off of Ebay about 5 years ago.
                              Really cool.

For now Fett is the only figure announced to be in a vintage sculpting style.
                              Dang. The vintage re-releases are really the only thing I'd be interested in
                              right now. Hey, Fett's better than nothing.

as the line progressed you will see modern sculpt prequel figures on the vintage kenner like cards (there has been a secondary custom card market for years of modern/prequel figs put on kenner inspired cards) and more figures like this echo base han and Dak, a figure option not produced in the kenner line but the card is as kenner would have made it even if the figure isn't
                              I'm basically a loose collector. But a few years back I had VINTAGE style
                              custom figures mounted on VINTAGE style custom cards...they were pretty
                              cool. (Biggs, Band Member, Dodanna, Tarkin, Labria, etc. etc.)

I have NO interest in MODERN figures on custom VINTAGE cards...

and even IF they manufactured VINTAGE re-released figures
                              on VINTAGE type cards...I'd STILL have to have them loose...so it's just a
                              weird thing to ponder about...especially since it's ver possible that the pricing
                              on these things if they get released after Fett will PROBABLY NOT ever be as
                              affordable as our beloved 4-pack of vintage re-releases. SIGH.

Anyways...thanks for the info.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                                • Oct 24, 2007

but am kinda
                                bummed they never made any SPLINTER OF THE MINDS EYE figures.
                                Same here. When it came out I read the novel and thought, "wow, how cool. Now where are the figures?"
                                However, I re-read my hardcover edition book recently and realized, "wow, what a lame story". lol Sold it and moved on.

The only vintage figure I would like to see reissued would be Blue Snaggletooth and Jawa.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎