Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

That's what I call, baring one's arse...

Comment

• Doc
      Banned
      • May 9, 2010

errrrr right..

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

This twilight idiot is so stupid!!!
        He/She has no idea of what they are talking about.
        It's obvious to anybody over the age off twenty five that the new wolfman is an absolute rip off of the old Hulk tv series...
        Sheesh they're dumb!!! :smiley:
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Doc
          Banned
          • May 9, 2010

Originally posted by fallensaviour
          It's obvious to anybody over the age off twenty five that the new wolfman is an absolute rip off of the old Hulk tv series...

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
            Career Member
            • Jul 6, 2006

Wow. That's just wow.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by fallensaviour
              Shouldn't that be the Hulk movies?

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

I bet this person saw the Blair Witch Project and thought it was scary.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 18, 2008

And i thought i had to much time on my hands

Comment

• Toy Talk
                    Old and out of touch
                    • Aug 7, 2009

Maybe if I had ever watched any of the Twilight series or the new werewolf movie this thread might have some bearing for me personally. However, isn't Twilight pretty much a Vampire soap opera for women? Why is a dude watching it so intently? Am I confused and Twilight was actually a horror film and I missed it?
                    "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

My friend Nick has been reading this and now that Guillermo Del Toro bowed out of The Hobbit I wouldn't be surprised if he films this and buries Twilight:

Amazon.com: The Strain (The Strain Trilogy) (9780061558245): Guillermo Del Toro, Chuck Hogan: Books

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Toy Talk
                        Why is a dude watching it so intently?

Ask Damian.
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                          Formerly known as Del
                          • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by Toy Talk
                          Maybe if I had ever watched any of the Twilight series or the new werewolf movie this thread might have some bearing for me personally. However, isn't Twilight pretty much a Vampire soap opera for women? Why is a dude watching it so intently? Am I confused and Twilight was actually a horror film and I missed it?
                          It's not a horror film, but it does feature "monsters," or at least lame versions of them

There's another thing I noticed when the "Jacob" character started showing up in movie previews, but never cared enough to waste time discussing. None of the characters they show battling the vampires are actual werewolves. They turn from humans into plain old wolves. That actually has me curious - is anyone actually referred to as a "werewolf" anywhere in the books? Mind you, I'm not curious enough to read the books, but if anyone has a family member that reading these, maybe you could ask them. It might be just Twilight fans who know nothing about classic horror incorrectly referring to that group, as opposed to the author misnaming them.
                          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

It's not a horror film, but it does feature "monsters," or at least lame versions of them

There's another thing I noticed when the "Jacob" character started showing up in movie previews, but never cared enough to waste time discussing. None of the characters they show battling the vampires are actual werewolves. They turn from humans into plain old wolves. That actually has me curious - is anyone actually referred to as a "werewolf" anywhere in the books? Mind you, I'm not curious enough to read the books, but if anyone has a family member that reading these, maybe you could ask them. It might be just Twilight fans who know nothing about classic horror incorrectly referring to that group, as opposed to the author misnaming them.
                            My wife reads, the books, and we've seen the movies. I don't recall the word "werewolf" being used, but the girl may have said it when she first found out about Jacob. I can't remember. The wolves aren't werewolves of the Larry Talbot kind. They are more akin to Native American shapeshifter lore.

These movies aren't Shakespeare, but there are far worse things to watch. The characters are kind of annoyingly self-involved, but other than that, it has no more soap-opera than say a 1970s Marvel comic.

Anytime there is a slavishly devoted fan base to something you get a few nuts with big mouths who make everyone look bad. Trekkies, anyone?

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                              Fear the monkeybat!
                              • Aug 16, 2001

>None of the characters they show battling the vampires are actual werewolves.

According to classic mythology werewolves did turn into huge wolves. Of course; werewolves, vampires and witches were all pretty much the same thing until the 1600's or so.

Weird Twilight point: I’ve noticed that post-White Wolf’s “World of Darkness” RPGs almost every monster soap “borrows” liberally from it.

World of Darkness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can pretty much guess which clans the Twilight characters come from. (The vampire family are Caitiff with progeny from the Brujah, (the twitchy guy) Tremere, (spooky chick) the Ventrue, (dad) and of course the Toreador. (*sigh* immutable heart-throb guy) Even the Italian “kill the transgressor!” guys are Justicars. The werewolves are Utenna.... it’s watered down pretty bad, but it’s all there.

....it’s ALWAYS there; which makes me wonder how many of these newest stories are actually borrowing from the game, and how much is parallel development.

Don C.

Comment

• megoscott
                                Founding Partner
                                • Nov 17, 2006

Lon Chaney was all right, but he'd have been hotter if he waxed the hair off his pecs.
                                This profile is no longer active.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎